Wine or Champagne tasting on Oasis

We will be sailing on Oasis in May and wondered if there were any wine or champagne tastings offered. I have looked through entertainment and dining and can't fine anywhere to schedule it. Is it something that you have to wait to get on the ship to do?

We will be sailing on Oasis in May and wondered if there were any wine or champagne tastings offered. I have looked through entertainment and dining and can't fine anywhere to schedule it. Is it something that you have to wait to get on the ship to do?

There will definitely be a couple of wine tastings over the course of your cruise (don't remember a champagne tasting but definitely several different wine tastings). Just keep your eye on the dailies. That's where they're generally listed.

I'm sailing in April and I booked the Lafite Wine Tasting ($29 a per person) on the Cruise Planner....it didn't open up on the planner until about 100 days out.

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/oasis-of-the-seas-368/wine-tasting-162916/

Edited by JennaMae

We're just off Oasis and Vintages is the place to go for wine tasting, IMO. They offered a Caymus tasting (Caymus and Belle Glos wines), and had several others as well. The Compass also mention wine flights almost every night (I can't recall where, probably in the food/dining/bars section), where you could pick any three wines sold by the glass to create your own. It was $25pp and they threw in some tapas that would normally be an upcharge.

The pours are 2 oz, so you get a little more than a glass of wine. And they had a few that were over $25/glass, so we chose those (and I found out that the most expensive one wasn't all that much to my liking).:D

I did both the wine tasting and the martini class suggested by others when I was on Oasis in February. Both were a ton of fun and completely worth the money! I believe you do need to make reservations for both of them, but that's definitely something you can do once you're on the ship if you want to wait. I still make the cucumber mint martini recipe that they gave us during the martini class :D

I did both the wine tasting and the martini class suggested by others when I was on Oasis in February. Both were a ton of fun and completely worth the money! I believe you do need to make reservations for both of them, but that's definitely something you can do once you're on the ship if you want to wait. I still make the cucumber mint martini recipe that they gave us during the martini class :D

Loved the cucumber martini. Never would have tried if not for the class. People kept walking in from CP. The crew didn't know how to disengage the automatic doors

Loved the cucumber martini. Never would have tried if not for the class. People kept walking in from CP. The crew didn't know how to disengage the automatic doors

That's funny! Did you do the class in the Rising Tide bar? We rode up to the top during the class I took, so I guess that would have discouraged people from trying to get in :D

That's funny! Did you do the class in the Rising Tide bar? We rode up to the top during the class I took, so I guess that would have discouraged people from trying to get in :D

They tried to get in once we arrived in CP. I think the doors are motion sensor controlled. It was fairly disruptive. Great time though. They even let my wife attend without joining the class.

They tried to get in once we arrived in CP. I think the doors are motion sensor controlled. It was fairly disruptive. Great time though. They even let my wife attend without joining the class.

Yeah, that would be disruptive! Glad to hear you still enjoyed yourself!!

• 11 months later...
And does the Martini class need to be booked ahead or onboard? If ahead, where is it located in the cruise planner?

Here is a Cruise Compass from a past traveler, if you scroll through the afternoon & evening activities on any given day, you'll see where they are listed.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/merged.compressed_e0a590f65b9b93

As for pre-registering, that someone else has to answer. We've been on cruises where we have had to pre-register, and others where you could just show up. Depends on how formal a tasting it was. We had an amazing one in a dining room, that came with food pairings years ago. We also got a sommelier's (no idea if my spelling is even close) tasting thing that went around our neck that I still have.

We sail in September; can't wait! We will be hitting the martini tasting for sure, and two or three wine tastings.

We got off of the Oasis today, and they had a "Wines around the world wine tasting" on day 6. It was at 2:30 pm in the Silk dining room on deck 5. It was $19, and only $10 if you had the drink package. We did not participate, so cannot say if it was any good or not...

Just a comment on the martini making - They may run it multiple times and each time is different drinks. In fact, when DW and I attended the second class, the manager of the martini bar offered to run a third class if enough people would sign up. For $25 it was well worth the money for a chance to try several different drinks, considering a single martini costs somewhere between $12-15.