Paris favorite hotels

ClaudiaF

HI Claudia,

I like the Warwick (steps to the Champs Elysees) for the great location. We also got a great rate (keep in mind this was a few years ago) at the Intercontinental (walking distance from the Louvre, etc.) by booking directly on their website. We have also stayed at the Meridien Montparnasse (by the train station, which was okay, but a bit of a hike).

If money is no object, George Cinq (or Crillion).

Enjoy your barge cruise. If you don't mind could you shoot me an email (elawrence@qmc.ca) on it when you get back? It's a trip I have been looking at. I keep thinking it would be lots of fun to get a group of friends together and rent the whole ship.

Thanks.

Elin

A quick internet search shows that the Four Seasons George V charges from 695 euros per night and above. When we visited Paris in August, 2000, we stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Neuilly (a fifteen minute taxi ride away), but it charged less than a third as much (presently at 220 euros). The Courtyard was clean and quite new, a much better value!

The Prince de Galles next door to George V cost about one third (300 Euros)altho the rooms are small and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Madeline two years ago for about 225 Euros per night. The rooms at the Hyatt were much larger and recently redone. Do not know how pricey it is now.

Merci all.. Paris has always been a pricey city.. but my goodness.. it is ASTRONOMICAL now..

Jane, 1/2 your list checked before emailed you..booked.. since we changed directions on this trip last minute..it is our fault ( need 3 rooms) would be a breeze if just the 2 of us.. Elin.. checked all you sent too. Warwick over 700EU a night.. ( no deals either).. yikes..

Anyone know about Hotel Regina?

Location looks great.

It is not boutique like Relais Christine ( which we love or the Queen Mary which was also suggested ( not the ship a very charming hotel which may try next time..JAne take a peek at it..and tell me about area)..

Meow.. staying in Chantilly at a chateau for a couple days.. so want to be in Paris , but am saving info on your suggestion too.

Again thanks to you all. Appreciate the help.

Anyone know about Hotel Regina?

Location looks great.

It is not boutique like Relais Christine ( which we love or the Queen Mary which was also suggested ( not the ship a very charming hotel which may try next time..JAne take a peek at it..and tell me about area)..

Claudia,

You have the websites for the Regina and/or the Queen Mary?

Jane

Hi everyone. I happened across your thread by accident and thought I'd add my two cents. We spent six nights in Paris over New Year's Eve earlier this year and we stayed at the Paris Hilton. Great location. One block to two different metro stations. One block to Eiffel Tower with amazing Eiffel Tower views from the balconies. Also great views of the Trocadero and the Seine. Very nice rooms with big king size beds. Marble baths. We paid something like 285 euro a night during that holiday time. Here's a link: http://www.hilton.co.uk/dispatch/ViewPropertyHomePageForm?hid=11009336&ViewPropertyHomePage=&formName=ViewPropertyHomePageForm

Perhaps, the Hilton has gone through some recent renovations ? We stayed there many, many years ago and it was really in need of an updating then. But, thank you for the suggestion Cecelia.Elin, yep ahead of you. Thanks for your help too.Candice yes..booked Regina . If you can fly across the pond do.Queen Mary was recommended and was booked as is Relais Christine for the dates we needed.Queen Mary looks wonderful. Ever stayed there?

I did stay at the Hotel Regina many years ago and found it to be a great value---old world charm and a convenient location (across the street from The Louvre and adjacent to Rue St Honore). The rooms are small, but nicely furnished and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. I've travelled to many destinations since then, but I still have fond memories of that particular hotel. Hope that helps you. This board has been so informative for me!

Marcia

My recommendation for you is a lovely little hotel: Hotel Langlois in the 9th Arrondissement, I am sure you would feel so much at home in this area near Montmartre. Sacre Coeur is also nearby. I believe the nearest metro stop is Pigalle.

Doug

Perhaps, the Hilton has gone through some recent renovations ? We stayed there many, many years ago and it was really in need of an updating then.
Yes, the rooms were recently renovated. Here are a few photos.

Bathroom.jpg.4bd75ecc5f45af38c90fd98f9d22dfe8.jpg

Bedroom.jpg.87976b1f8677bbad2c3427a6ead91ea4.jpg

My recommendation for you is a lovely little hotel: Hotel Langlois in the 9th Arrondissement, I am sure you would feel so much at home in this area near Montmartre. Sacre Coeur is also nearby. I believe the nearest metro stop is Pigalle.

Doug

you'll probably fall out of your chair when you read this.. but when I looked up this hotel ( which gets high reviews) the first review was this one, written by a person named "Jan" so.....maybe I am a Janfan ;-) ________________________________________________________________Wonderful find! Posted by JAN from Santa Cruz, CA on 06/15/2005 We concur with just about every other reviewer regarding Hotel Langlois ... this hotel is a great value. We stayed here in May (after reading the Fodor's reviews) and found it to be absolutely charming. Our room was large and simply decorated but very clean and quiet (it was in the back of the hotel). The bathroom was almost as large as our bedroom and looked as if it had been recently renovated. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and just about everyone we encountered spoke some English. Plus, its location near the metro made it very convenient. We will definitely be staying here again. Room Atmosphere Service Value RATING 55 5 5 5

you'll probably fall out of your chair when you read this.. but when I looked up this hotel ( which gets high reviews) the first review was this one, written by a person named "Jan" so.....maybe I am a Janfan

I don't understand why I would fall out of my chair?...because someone from California named Jan wrote a review? I'll admit that is a coincidence.

Or did you think that I would recommend a dive for you (LOL)? We have stayed there twice and simply love it. We really feel at home there and Monsieur Abut remembers your name from the moment you register. We will certainly be back to the Hotel Langlois. I don't recommend hotels that I have not been happy with.

Doug

Archived