Regatta grand dining room seat plan

I'm not sure it would help you too much. Everyone is seated when they arrive to dine. If you have a specific preference, such as seated by a window, table for two, dine with larger group to meet new friends, etc. etc. the Maitre'd will be more than accomodating.

The deck plans on Oceania's website show the seating arrangements for the Grand Dining Room (as well as for Toscana, the Polo Grill, and the Terrace). If you're planning a large group dinner, the tables are fixed to the deck, so you're limited by that pre-set arrangement. However, there is the "Captain's Table" in the rear of the GDR that can handle a dozen or so guests, including the captain, should you choose to invite him. But as Onslow once remarked, "Who wants to eat with the crew???" :D

I think I get a pretty good picture of the GDR seating now. May I know more about the "Upper Hall" section on level 5 near the GDR? Is it a an extension of the GDR for dinner?

The Upper Hall has seating if you want to wait for someone or listen to the music there. When we were on Insignia they had a quartet playing there in the evening.

I think you're confusing the Grand Bar with the Upper Hall (although this is the first time anyone has asked about that area, as far as I can recall!). The Grand Bar is the lounge immediately adjacent to the GDR, where one can order a drink while waiting for a table. The Upper Hall, on the other hand, is beyond the Grand Bar and the elevator lobby, near the boutiques at the top of the main staircase above the Concierge Desk (hence,the designation, "Upper Hall). There's no bar there, but there are a few couches and chairs and a baby grand piano. Older Oceania Cruisers may recall that's the location of the former Advance Sales desk, and the art auction sales desk.

Thank for outlining the GDR chart out. Has there much use of the "dance floor" shown on the upper left hand corner?

At one time musicians were stationed there during dinner making conversation in the immediate area difficult if not impossible. I don't believe the space was ever used for dancing.

At one time musicians were stationed there during dinner making conversation in the immediate area difficult if not impossible. I don't believe the space was ever used for dancing.

What they should have during dinner in the Grand is the violinists that were entertaining so beautifully in Toscano ...on our last cruise..they were fabulous..

Yep, as usual you are correct.. was just thinking about the night when Grand was packed and they started playing that song.. buzzing bee or whatever it is called..goes really loud and fast??I mean soft romantic music.. maybe like what is played at tea in Horizons..

Archived