Is this to tight?

lou2003k

I dock in Venice at 6.45am on Monday 04-07 my flight from Marco Polo is 12.10 easyjet is this enough time to get to airport and drop bags? we will have printed boarding passes before hand so no need to check in just drop bags? :cool:

unsure the best way to get to the sirport but ive heard water taxi which im willing to pay for no doubt other folks on ship may be heading for airport so we could share and spread cost

Tons of time! Don't go by water taxi as it will cost a fortune! A regular cab will take you for around €40 and it should take around 25 mins. You could look at the Alilaguna Blue ferry which goes from the cruise terminal to the airport taking about 1 3/4 hrs if you get off early enough. Personally I'd rather take the Alilaguna from the airport to the cruise ship.... Awesome way to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Tons of time! Don't go by water taxi as it will cost a fortune! A regular cab will take you for around €40 and it should take around 25 mins. You could look at the Alilaguna Blue ferry which goes from the cruise terminal to the airport taking about 1 3/4 hrs if you get off early enough. Personally I'd rather take the Alilaguna from the airport to the cruise ship.... Awesome way to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

thanks for this :) , we are staying in venice for 2 nights pre cruise so no need to get from airport to the port initially , will be looking into how to get from the airport to the hilton molino hotel and then from the hilton to the port for the cruise ...

thanks for this :) will be looking into how to get from the airport to the hilton molino hotel and then from the hilton to the port for the cruise ...

You're staying on Giudecca Island... totally inconvenient for any less expensive transportation to and from the airport. I strongly suggest private taxi for both legs you mention above, unfortunately will be very expensive.

From the airport to Guidecca there is no direct transport other than private taxi. From hotel to cruise port the only other choice is public transit (Vaporetto lines #1 or #2 I believe) ... that's like getting onto a public bus at your home town with all your luggage, no assistance, and carting your luggage up and down off the boat, through turnstyles, etc.... and then walking from the #1/#2 stop to the "people mover" (overhead monorail) and then back down another 1/2mil'ish walk from the people mover to the pier. Again.... because of your location private taxi is likely the only choice unless I'm missing something and someone can correct me from this hotel's location??

As far as debarkation... super super easy and inexpensive. If you wish, you can roll your luggage from the pier to the People Mover... the People Mover drops you at the Piazza Roma, the location of the bus station and only route to mainland Venice by car. Direct bus service ("ATVO" google it) is only 5euro I believe from Piazza Roma to Marco Polo Airport.

Here's one of the best resources I've found on line for everything Venice incl maps and descriptions of how to find buses, water taxis, hotels, tours, etc.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-transport.htm

Have an awesome cruise!

Edited by Hoopster95

You're staying on Giudecca Island... totally inconvenient for any less expensive transportation to and from the airport. I strongly suggest private taxi for both legs you mention above, unfortunately will be very expensive.

From the airport to Guidecca there is no direct transport other than private taxi. From hotel to cruise port the only other choice is public transit (Vaporetto lines #1 or #2 I believe) ... that's like getting onto a public bus at your home town with all your luggage, no assistance, and carting your luggage up and down off the boat, through turnstyles, etc.... and then walking from the #1/#2 stop to the "people mover" (overhead monorail) and then back down another 1/2mil'ish walk from the people mover to the pier. Again.... because of your location private taxi is likely the only choice unless I'm missing something and someone can correct me from this hotel's location??

Totally incorrect I'm afraid!!!! The Alilaguna Blu line runs directly from the Airport and stops right outside the Stucky Hilton!

http://www.alilaguna.it/en/linea-blu

Will take about 1 3/4 hrs (and no loos on board) but possibly the only way to arrive in Venice is by water....it goes via Murano and Lido and then up past St Marks so you get the most amazing sights on the way in.

The downside is that although the hotel is pretty much opposite the cruise terminal it is tricky to get there especially on embarkation day as by the time the Alilaguna Blu gets to that stop it is full and you cannot get on! Some didn't even bother stopping at all! So we did catch a €€€€€ water taxi across the water which cost around €70 IIRC and we shared with 2 other couples who were going to a different ship. Because there was such a huge queue for the water taxis they were only taking people who were actually staying at the Stucky Hilton. Either book a water taxi or take a very early Alilaguna ....

As a recommendation one of the best restaurants in Venice is about 5 mins walk from the hotel. Open at lunch, doesn't look much from the outside but incredible food....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1087324-Reviews-La_Palanca-Venice_Veneto.html

Edited by little britain

As far as debarkation... super super easy and inexpensive. If you wish, you can roll your luggage from the pier to the People Mover... the People Mover drops you at the Piazza Roma, the location of the bus station and only route to mainland Venice by car. Direct bus service ("ATVO" google it) is only 5euro I believe from Piazza Roma to Marco Polo Airport.

Here's one of the best resources I've found on line for everything Venice incl maps and descriptions of how to find buses, water taxis, hotels, tours, etc.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-transport.htm

Have an awesome cruise!

the hotels website advises we can get the blue line from the airport the hotel on the Alilaguna - checked there website and it looks like they stop right at the hotel. Looks like i can also get this to the cruise port . :-) and then from the cruise port to the airport :)

Totally incorrect I'm afraid!!!! The Alilaguna Blu line runs directly from the Airport and stops right outside the Stucky Hilton!

http://www.alilaguna.it/en/linea-blu

Will take about 1 3/4 hrs (and no loos on board) but possibly the only way to arrive in Venice is by water....it goes via Murano and Lido and then up past St Marks so you get the most amazing sights on the way in.

The downside is that although you are pretty much opposite the cruise terminal it is tricky to get there especially on embarkation day as by the time the Alilaguna Blu gets to that stop it is full and you cannot get on! Some didn't even bother stopping at all! So we did catch a €€€€€ water taxi across the water which cost around €70 IIRC and we shared with 2 other couples who were going to a different ship.

As a recommendation one of the best restaurants in Venice is about 5 mins walk from the hotel. Open at lunch, doesn't look much from the outside but incredible food....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1087324-Reviews-La_Palanca-Venice_Veneto.html

thanks for this , we planned on hopefully bumping into some folk and sharing a water taxi to the port i dont mind paying a bit more for it as its an experince , and thnaks for the restaraunt recomendation will definetly try that out!

We stayed at the Hilton and treated ourselves to a water taxi from the airport to the hotel. It was a lovely ride and I would do it again. If you go to the water taxi desk in the arrivals hall, you can often find people to share with, just hang out for a few minutes and ask people as they walk up. You also can take AliLaguna but it does take a while as above. And yes it does stop right at the Hilton dock.

We had plenty of time on the return trip and so we took AliLaguna back to the airport. It's a long ride, but going from the hotel to the cruise terminal is a very short ride and would be an easy way to get there

We stayed at the Hilton and treated ourselves to a water taxi from the airport to the hotel. It was a lovely ride and I would do it again. If you go to the water taxi desk in the arrivals hall, you can often find people to share with, just hang out for a few minutes and ask people as they walk up. You also can take AliLaguna but it does take a while as above. And yes it does stop right at the Hilton dock.

We had plenty of time on the return trip and so we took AliLaguna back to the airport. It's a long ride, but going from the hotel to the cruise terminal is a very short ride and would be an easy way to get there

thanks for this lots of options which suits us so we can see how we feel when were there and if we bumo into people that want to share then fab if not we have other cheaper options :)

Your time frames are fine for that flight. As to getting from the port to the airport, the fastest and most economical way (from the port) is to simply take a land taxi. The water taxi takes longer and costs a lot more money (often 3 times the cost of a land taxi). The el-cheapo method is to drag your own luggage to the People Mover, take it to P. Roma, and then take the express ATVO bus to the airport. Personally, we would spend the approximate 40€ and just get a regular land taxi at the port.

Hank

Your time frames are fine for that flight. As to getting from the port to the airport, the fastest and most economical way (from the port) is to simply take a land taxi. The water taxi takes longer and costs a lot more money (often 3 times the cost of a land taxi). The el-cheapo method is to drag your own luggage to the People Mover, take it to P. Roma, and then take the express ATVO bus to the airport. Personally, we would spend the approximate 40€ and just get a regular land taxi at the port.

Hank

thanks i will look at sharing a land / water taxi with others heading to the airport less hassle direct route suits me dont want to be stressing over times