time scales from venice port to airport?

lou2003k

I dock in Venice at 6.45am on Monday 04-07 my flight from Marco Polo is 12.10 easyjet is this enough time to get to airport and drop bags? we will have printed boarding passes before hand so no need to check in just drop bags?

unsure the best way to get to the sirport but ive heard water taxi which im willing to pay for no doubt other folks on ship may be heading for airport so we could share and spread cost

I dock in Venice at 6.45am on Monday 04-07 my flight from Marco Polo is 12.10 easyjet is this enough time to get to airport and drop bags? we will have printed boarding passes before hand so no need to check in just drop bags?

unsure the best way to get to the sirport but ive heard water taxi which im willing to pay for no doubt other folks on ship may be heading for airport so we could share and spread cost

with easyjet the checkin/bag drop doesn't open till 2 hours before flight so no point being there before 10

what time you dock doesn't mean you can get off the ship at that time as depends when immigration desks open

That said in our experience disembarkation begins about 8am -order in which passengers get off varies with cruiseline

No point walking off before your allocated time as your luggage wont be there unless your cruiseline allows you to carry your own luggage off

water taxi takes about 30 mins and about 100 euros per taxi-takes up to 6 passengers

Depending on where your ship docks how long the walk to the pier

Alilaguna the water bus option between pier and airport takes about 1 1/2 hours as stops multiple times.It is much cheaper at about 30 euros each

Pier is next to water taxis and depending on how many ships are in port the line can be long[saturday is peak turnaround day so hopefully on a Monday should be OK]

Land taxis between port and airport take about 30 -40mins and cost around 30 euros but depending on demand may not be any left by time you exit ship.

I plan to pre book a taxi next time

For those with more time,and on a budget.Drag your cases to the people mover near the water taxi/Alilaguna pier This is an elevated monorail that costs just over 1 euro and links pier to P Roma where you can get an airport bus costing about 7 euros and taking about 30 mins

Downside to this is potential long lines to access it

If you are fit it is possible to walk from pier to P Roma

hope this helps

with easyjet the checkin/bag drop doesn't open till 2 hours before flight so no point being there before 10

what time you dock doesn't mean you can get off the ship at that time as depends when immigration desks open

That said in our experience disembarkation begins about 8am -order in which passengers get off varies with cruiseline

No point walking off before your allocated time as your luggage wont be there unless your cruiseline allows you to carry your own luggage off

water taxi takes about 30 mins and about 100 euros per taxi-takes up to 6 passengers

Depending on where your ship docks how long the walk to the pier

Alilaguna the water bus option between pier and airport takes about 1 1/2 hours as stops multiple times.It is much cheaper at about 30 euros each

Pier is next to water taxis and depending on how many ships are in port the line can be long[saturday is peak turnaround day so hopefully on a Monday should be OK]

Land taxis between port and airport take about 30 -40mins and cost around 30 euros but depending on demand may not be any left by time you exit ship.

I plan to pre book a taxi next time

For those with more time,and on a budget.Drag your cases to the people mover near the water taxi/Alilaguna pier This is an elevated monorail that costs just over 1 euro and links pier to P Roma where you can get an airport bus costing about 7 euros and taking about 30 mins

Downside to this is potential long lines to access it

If you are fit it is possible to walk from pier to P Roma

hope this helps

i plan to ask royal caribean to let us carry our luggage off and let us off asap they normally oblige

quickest and less hassle seems to be water taxi so i will share with others and go down that route dont want to be stressing over time.

Edited by lou2003k

Taxi just outside at the pier. We did disembark at 8 and it went very fast - only 15 minutes from ship to pier. - taxi is only 20 to 25 minutes. So get a disembarkation time at 8:00.

We did take the Alilaguna water bus - does take 1 hour and 45 minutes -

Leaving from cruise terminal pier at 08:56 is at Marco Polo 10:50 - then 10 minutes walk to the terminal.

[YOUTUBE]FzrAaoU55wY[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, thanks for the info. Our flight is at 11:45, so I think a taxi would be the wise choice.

Yes, I'll consider 11:45 to early for the water trip.

However pleanty of time for taxi - if you make the pier before 9 am you will be at the airport two hours prior to departure - and getting off the ship is fairly fast.