Tell me about cruising in the cold!

MrsT3030

We are looking at a med cruise in late March this year - stops are Portugal, Spain and France. We are seasoned cruisers but have only ever cruised in the heat (Caribbean and Bermuda from US ports).

What is a chillier cruise like? What do you fill your days with? We are used to being able to sit at the pool on sea days.

Is the boat rockier in the cold?

We are a couple in our 30s with a 3 year old.

We are looking at a med cruise in late March this year - stops are Portugal, Spain and France. We are seasoned cruisers but have only ever cruised in the heat (Caribbean and Bermuda from US ports).

What is a chillier cruise like? What do you fill your days with? We are used to being able to sit at the pool on sea days.

Is the boat rockier in the cold?

We are a couple in our 30s with a 3 year old.

I am assuming cruising from the UK as France is mentioned. Bob can be bumpy or smooth calm.

We usually try and at least get out on deck for a wander for a short while,even if weather is not brilliant to get some freshair.

Will your 3 year old not be in kids club for a while,so it may just be the 2 of you

Looking for things to do.

We go to talks, some are vaguely interesting. The are always quizzes somewhere.

Sometimes they are showing a film somewhere. Failing that sitting in the crows nest lounge..top at the front on some ships...just watching the waves for a while and chilling out.

Yes, cruising from the Uk. It's an Iberia cruise rather than Med actually I believe.

DH has always wanted to sail from Southampton and there happens to be a ship going on the exact right days for us. I can't get my head around cruising in cold weather.

I hope our little one will use the kids club!

We were on the cruise to nowhere last Christmas - cold, wet, didn't stop at any port. Rough seas.

Mostly we didn't notice the sea - we had plenty to keep us occupied. The ship was warm. The only thing you can't do, as you allude to , is sit by the pool.

I wouldn't worry.

We did a 4 night cruise in November (oriana) just across the channel to Bruges and Cherbourg. Had a lovely time. Went to the cinema, wrapped up and walked round the prom deck. I just love watching the waves! Read books and people watched. Had a manicure.

I think I know the cruise you mean and there are only a couple of sea days anyway, so you will be out and about in port most days. Come back and let us know how you get on if you do go as I was nearly tempted by this one!

Edited by P&O SUE

I've just realised if it's Ventura, she has a covered pool so you can still sit on a lounger by the pool! The sun gets quite warm through the glass roof- and we went North to Norway! It does get busy there on cool days we found.

I've just realised if it's Ventura, she has a covered pool so you can still sit on a lounger by the pool! The sun gets quite warm through the glass roof- and we went North to Norway! It does get busy there on cool days we found.

Now that is a great selling point!