OK Let's play name that NEW ADDITION.

Jimmy Geegitz

I don't believe taking a burger already offered, and putting a brand name on it, can be called an addition.

But they are certainly not free. They are included in your fare. As well as self serve. You get your own. Johnny Rockets is served to you in their restaurant, so you are paying a tip for that service, but that burger is also included in the fare.

But not a fan of JR. They were dried out hockey pucks as well.

By the way, if I recall correctly, most if not all the 2.0 enhancements were simply putting brand names to things already offered.

Without totally degrading the thread, the BS of paying for the service for JR does not hold any water. You are paying for the burger as you can't get it without paying. On the newer ships (Anthem) you pay ala carte for each item. There is nothing dried out about a Guys burger, made for you as you go up. Windjammer is the only place I have seen burgers cooked yesterday. One of the first posts where I have seen knocking getting something for free. Go figure.

I don't believe taking a burger already offered, and putting a brand name on it, can be called an addition.

But they are certainly not free. They are included in your fare. As well as self serve. You get your own. Johnny Rockets is served to you in their restaurant, so you are paying a tip for that service, but that burger is also included in the fare.

But not a fan of JR. They were dried out hockey pucks as well.

By the way, if I recall correctly, most if not all the 2.0 enhancements were simply putting brand names to things already offered.

You must not have had one or the fries. Alchemy is unique. Couldn't get a burrito before or Red Frog ale.

Love the Blue Iguana, Bonsai Sushi and most of all the Cucina! On the Breeze last year it was never busy but oh so good!

Really looking forward to the Alchemy Bar on the Conquest this year. All of the great reviews on here have me anticipating a great experience.

Carnival's 2.0 upgrades have added so many great additional values to an already fun and entertaining vacation!

Blue Iguana is my number 1 favorite improvement!

I also enjoy the Serenity deck and my DH is a fan of Guy's Burgers.

Hoping to try sea day brunch in April. I always forget about it.

The Sea Day brunch is AMAZE-BALLS! Its the best meal I ever get on the ship. Last cruise me and my bestie went to it twice and we sat there with about 4 entrees a piece and shared one and we finished every bite! The waiters practically applauded afterwards. LOL!

It's that song in the MDR on the last night.:(

That too! I am always bawling by the end of the last dinner, in every photo I have with our waiters I look a sniffley mess.

Them and my room stewards! Its like leaving family's house.

Edited by Savlamara

Sea Day Brunch - Huevos Rancheros is fantastic!

Cucina del Capitano - I can't believe this one doesn't get more attention on here. We loved this on the Breeze. $15 only and fantastic Italian!

Blue Iguana - tacos and arepas!

Cove Balconies

Excited to try the Alchemy Bar after all the rave reviews!

Hear hear! I remember my first few cruises on NCL paying per minute rates trying to keep up with work back home nearly killed me!

:confused::confused: To each their own but I love the excuse that I'm on a boat in the middle of the ocean, I cannot be reached. No work zone. :D

LOVE this thread! I suppose I'm what some others would call a Carnival Cheerleader. To be fair, it's the only line I've ever sailed on, but I'm happy so I have no plans to change.

Sure, I miss the pillow chocolates. John Heald actually posted something today that not putting the chocolates on pillows saved Carnival $2.5 million. :eek: Honestly though, I'd trade those chocolates for anything that's been listed here. I cannot wait to try the 2.0 upgrades in October (my first time with them!)

I think what I'm looking forward to most is Blue Iguana, the food sounds amazing. :) Speaking as someone who has cruised since 1998 and seen many Carnival changes, I think their best improvement has actually been in their personalized service. I have seen no other vacation where the staff knows your name, will cater to your food needs, leaves you a birthday note (and gift now??), or brings you a slice of "honeymoon cake." We got that on our honeymoon cruise in 2012 and were surprised (and slightly embarrassed). It's service and attention like that which keeps me at Carnival.

I agree with just about everything already listed. One thing new I experienced on the Sunshine a few weeks ago- it was my birthday and my room steward decorated my mirror in the cabin wishing me a happy birthday and gave me two gift cards (held by the towel animal!) one was for a $25 bottle of wine from Cherry on Top and the other was for a free 6x9 photo taken when getting off the ship in one of the ports. My son and his wife were across the hall from us and also got the gift card for the wine, the card said "just because". That was a nice touch!

Just curious.....Have any of you guys cruised recently??? Unfortunately many of the things you mention concerning quality of service have recently greatly deteriorated! Hopefully carnival will head the other direction but I have a feeling many of you will be disappointed on your next cruise! There are many things I love about carnival but they have decreased their staff to the point that the service is deteriorating!

Edited by Jana60

Just curious.....Have any of you guys cruised recently??? Unfortunately many of the things you mention concerning quality of service have recently greatly deteriorated! Hopefully carnival will head the other direction but I have a feeling many of you will be disappointed on your next cruise! There are many things I love about carnival but they have decreased their staff to the point that the service is deteriorating!

Our last cruise was about 6 months ago. No problems at all.:) We currently have 3 more booked including the refurbished Magic in July. When were your most recent cruise(s)? Also if you don't mind, elaborate on the services which in your opinion have deteriorated.

I cruised January 17 - February 7, 2016 (21 night cruise) and the service was fantastic. We had excellent service in the MDR, a great room steward and everyone we met around the ship was happy, friendly and called us by name. The only exception was one activities staff member who was leaving after his contract was up.

Our last cruise was about 6 months ago. No problems at all.:) We currently have 3 more booked including the refurbished Magic in July. When were your most recent cruise(s)? Also if you don't mind, elaborate on the services which in your opinion have deteriorated.

I did a back to back to back and just got off the ship last Saturday. During my 14 days aboard Carnival Triumph I attempted to order room service on three occasions. On two of those occasions I never received it at all despite more than one phone call and on the third occasion it took over an hour to receive the order. I like having coffee in my room every morning so I had to put the card out and prearrange delivery which caused me to have to set an alarm clock every morning. I prefer to sleep in till I'm ready to wake up when on vacation. There was on the average one waiter / Lounge to wait on passengers for drink orders. The one time I ordered a soda in the Rio lounge it took 45 minutes to arrive. Most of the time I went to the bars directly for drinks but even there it took an on average 10 to 15 minutes to receive a drink. My room steward and the little girl assisting him did a great job but they had so many rooms to clean that they would be literally running down the halls in the mornings. For this reason I routinely told them not to do anything to my room in the mornings. Because the cruises were 5 day cruises they no longer had my favorite foods in the dining room which are escargot, lobster, Grand Marnier souffle, and bitter and Blanc. The food they did have on their new American Table menu was much more bland then food on their past menus. The only item I truly enjoyed on their menu was there barbecued baby back ribs which were delicious. Overall they simply have cut back on number of staff so greatly that despite the fact that the staff are working as hard as they possibly can they are unable to supply the previous level of service.

Edited by Jana60

I did a back to back to back and just got off the ship last Saturday. During my 14 days aboard Carnival Triumph I attempted to order room service on three occasions. On two of those occasions I never received it at all despite more than one phone call and on the third occasion it took over an hour to receive the order. I like having coffee in my room every morning so I had to put the card out and prearrange delivery which caused me to have to set an alarm clock every morning. I prefer to sleep in till I'm ready to wake up when on vacation. There was on the average one waiter / Lounge to wait on passengers for drink orders. The one time I ordered a soda in the Rio lounge it took 45 minutes to arrive. Most of the time I went to the bars directly for drinks but even there it took an on average 10 to 15 minutes to receive a drink. My room steward and the little girl assisting him did a great job but they had so many rooms to clean that they would be literally running down the halls in the mornings. For this reason I routinely told them not to do anything to my room in the mornings. Because the cruises were 5 day cruises they no longer had my favorite foods in the dining room which are escargot, lobster, Grand Marnier souffle, and bitter and Blanc. The food they did have on their new American Table menu was much more bland then food on their past menus. The only item I truly enjoyed on their menu was there barbecued baby back ribs which were delicious. Overall they simply have cut back on number of staff so greatly that despite the fact that the staff are working as hard as they possibly can they are unable to supply the previous level of service.

Sooooooo how was the cruise?

Sooooooo how was the cruise?

I enjoyed their live show band, the karaoke, and of course the sunshine and the ocean. I also met a lot of wonderful people but I've decided to try the other cruise lines again and see if they have had equally severe cutbacks.

Love a positive thread! Except for the cookies I like the food better than RC or Princess. Love Guys, sea day brunch, Pizza pirate, the deli, wok. So many choices! Love the 24hr soft serve.

Love the comedy shows and trivia and all the dance classes.

Most of all the friendly crew!

Sure, I miss the pillow chocolates. John Heald actually posted something today that not putting the chocolates on pillows saved Carnival $2.5 million. :eek: Honestly though, I'd trade those chocolates for anything that's been listed here. I cannot wait to try the 2.0 upgrades in October (my first time with them!)

They cut back on something that was included in your fare, and THEY saved 2.5 million? And this makes you happy? See the picture of Micky's yacht in Bermuda?

They cut back on something that was included in your fare, and THEY saved 2.5 million? And this makes you happy? See the picture of Micky's yacht in Bermuda?

All the things in these posts they Added on the ships cost 100s of millions and that Makes me a lot Happier than them saving 2.5 million on chocolate we threw away most of the time anyway......Now please stay over on the other Negative cutback thread where your prob much more happy complaining.....Sounds like your also Jealous of Mickeys Yacht....If I had that kinda money I'd own one too 😜😜

All the things in these posts they Added on the ships cost 100s of millions and that Makes me a lot Happier than them saving 2.5 million on chocolate we threw away most of the time anyway......Now please stay over on the other Negative cutback thread where your prob much more happy complaining.....Sounds like your also Jealous of Mickeys Yacht....If I had that kinda money I'd own one too [emoji12][emoji12]

The poster you are quoting is new, yet the posts look oh so familiar. I think you are right on. By the way I have seen Micky's yacht (from afar), I agree, I would have one as well if I had the money.