Hotels In FLL - Help!

blueyesdm

Hi Trent:) Tara's must have JUST opened! Have you seen that menu?

Oh my goodness.....it looks FANTASTIC:D

Hope you are doing well.....and hopefully things will be getting

back to normal soon.

Yeah, Tara's did just open - Time is a bit of a mystery to me now, but perhaps 3 weeks ago. It's where Hops was if you remember that place - right on the street side, east end of that strip mall just next door west of Extended Stay America.

Yes, it does look quite yummy!!! I haven't had a chance to go there yet, but it survived the hurricane, has power and has reopened so perhaps this week. :)

Tonight a friend and I walked over to Cheesecake Factory and finally had "real food" rather than just sandwiches I've been living on all week. And tonight there are a whole lot more lights on than there were last night! :)

Things are slowly getting back to normal. Most stores and a lot of restaurants have reopened, and the gas lines today were under 30 minutes - many many more stations are open now.

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn near port everglades Oct. 16th. The hotel was great, they offered a free shuttle to and from the port and $15 parking for up to 10 days. We took a taxi back to the hotel after the cruise because we were in a hurry and the cab fare was $9.00 I hope this helps.

Do you have any idea when the curfew will be lifted. According to the Broward.org site the airport isn't accepting flights that arrive after 10:00PM due to the 11:00 PM curfew. I have a flight on Friday, 11/4 that arrives at 10:55. Not sure what the arrangements will be by then.

Hey CC gang....I would strongly recommend calling the hotel directly if you have rooms booked this coming weekend. Have had Embassy Suites reservations for quite some time...they e-mailed Friday to cancel due to being closed. Then booked Marriott Beach Place Towers on Friday. I guess that old "woman's intuition" told me to call them directly today. Guess what? They are closed and don't expect to be open by Nov. 3 due to property damage even though they do have power. Called Marriott reservations and they weren't even aware the property was still closed. I did find a room on Expedia at Hyatt Pier 66 that was half the price Hyatt shows at their internet site. I called Hyatt directly and she said they were open and had power. I'm getting paranoid now and not trusting what I hear. Trent, as far as you know is Hyatt up and running? Do you think the water taxis will be running on Nov. 3? Somewhere I read the boat show was re-scheduled to start the 4th? Sure glad I called the hotel and got the real picture....who knows when I would have found out we couldn't really stay there? Oh well, this certainly makes the anticipation more exciting! It will all be worth it when we get on that ship on Friday! :cool: Carla

Ugh, glad you found out about Marriott Beach Place while you could still get something else!

Yes, Hyatt Pier 66 is open and operating.

The Boat Show is November 3-6, November 3 is the "Prime Time Preview" day, where the only difference seems to be that they charge more to get in... http://www.flibs.net/

The Water Taxi won't be running at that time... http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLAdvisories.Asp

Do you have any idea when the curfew will be lifted. According to the Broward.org site the airport isn't accepting flights that arrive after 10:00PM due to the 11:00 PM curfew. I have a flight on Friday, 11/4 that arrives at 10:55. Not sure what the arrangements will be by then.

They haven't said when it would be lifted, but did say there are exceptions for people using mass transit, and for people coming and going to the airport.

Things are being taken day by day here. I don't know what to tell you, but check with your airline, and see if they'll put you on an earlier flight to be safe.

Just an update... The Mayor lifted the curfew this afternoon in Broward County... Miami's curfew has also been lifted.

Archived