What does cruise casual mean?

Disneygirl80

Hi everyone,

It's been a few years since we have cruised. I was browsing some threads and saw the Fun Times has "cruise elegant" and "cruise casual" as the dress code.

What exactly is cruise casual? Can we now wear jeans in the MDR?

4 day on the Elation if that matters.

Thanks!

It's simply "casual" clothing. Whatever you'd wear at home is fine. Jeans are fine on casual nights. Shorts/tees/flip flops during the day.

Oh, really!! That's great to know. Last time I cruised there was a pretty strict no jeans in the MDR policy.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

It's been a few years since we have cruised. I was browsing some threads and saw the Fun Times has "cruise elegant" and "cruise casual" as the dress code.

What exactly is cruise casual? Can we now wear jeans in the MDR?

4 day on the Elation if that matters.

Thanks!

Taken from the Carnival website:

DRESS REQUIREMENTS FOR DINING

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage where guests will have the opportunity to showcase their more elegant attire.

Lido Restaurant

For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and footwear (including flip-flops) must be worn at all times.

The Steakhouse

The dress requirements for the Steakhouse follows the dress code specified for the Main Dining Room(s); if the evening is specified as Cruise Casual, shorts are not permitted.

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts

Women: casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses/tops, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs)

Not permitted for both men and women: cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Unfortunately, it is basically "Ware anything you want"...... I have not seen many people turned away except someone in a bathing suit.

It probably depends on how observant the host/hostess is at the desk. I do know that shorts are not allowed in the steakhouse, even on casual nights.

It probably depends on how observant the host/hostess is at the desk. I do know that shorts are not allowed in the steakhouse, even on casual nights.

Edit: Ooops I sent before I read the statement carefully....I read it as shorts aren't allowed at all, but you said "steakhouse". Guess I need more coffee.

Edited by amsred2

Edit: Ooops I sent before I read the statement carefully....I read it as shorts aren't allowed at all, but you said "steakhouse". Guess I need more coffee.

Funny how the brain works that way sometimes. I'd say you're due, if not overdue, for a cruise.:D