Just boarded the Reflection!

jenniebnyc

Thank you so much for taking the time to post observations and esp the photos! Haven't cruised Celebrity in nearly 20 yrs, mostly Carnival in meantime. Looking forward to the little things. The cool towels and drinks as you return to the ship look awesome!! Wishing you good weather and calm seas. :)

Dinner in Luminae tonight. The butternut squash tortellini is the best thing we've had so far. I would compare it to something you would get a Scarpetta ---for those of you familiar with Scott conant. The Guinea hen was smaller than 2 buffalo wings and impossible to eat bc so many bones. The sherry vinegar sauce was delicious but they need a more user friendly bird to eat.

f39568586898dd34ef97d12d9ca821a1.jpg

57716877ca2a8606c12bebeee248da50.jpg

Sushi tonight at Micheals Club. Pretty good. Better than oceanview but not Nobu.

e120d9dad55198494da9cf02c0ad24ca.jpg

Our new favorite wine.9f3291261a491ef8e1b3fa6b163e2e91.jpg

Jenny

You find the MOST beautiful beaches!!!!

Did you take the ferry over from Red Hook or from the city?

We've always gone to Red Hook in the past but my husband says he'd rather spend more time on the ferry than in the taxi so we're thinking of going from the city this time.

Went through celeb so left from city. It was insanity. I might take red hook home and cab it to the ship. We'll see. I have vacationed in STJ since 1988 and have never seen it so rough. It's a gorgeous day here though. Next up Uncle Joes for bbq lunch. Pics to follow soon.

Love the Burgers from the Mask bar.

Haven't had one yet but will have one before the end of cruise...maybe a hot dog too!

Also we have been getting some MDR dishes in Luminae (they will serve you anything off the menu) and they have been very good. Had a rigatoni with prosciutto and peas that was very good. Also had the lamb chops one night and they were better than the lamb loin on the luminae menu last night. We are having a lovely time in luminae with Tetiana taking care of us, but the food needs some work and the staff needs to be better trained. They try and it's appreciated but needs improvement. Let's put it this way, the best dessert we've had was the chocolate cake from MDR with pistachio ice cream. [emoji3]

Thanks for the honest and detailed review and photos! Very fun to read as we are on reflection March 5 for a b2b!

Two questions if you don't mind ...

Did the ship change to local time or stay on ship time when in St Thomas? I understand local time is an hour ahead of ship time and I'm getting conflicting info as to whether the ship time changes (celeb told me no change and they told my TA that they do change). Makes it difficult to plan a private excursion!

How long of a taxi ride was it to the beach you visited on St Maarten - Le Galion, I think? What destination did you ask the driver for?

Thanks!

Tammy