Ncl sale

cruiz30

Ocean view or higher. Promo is pick two: UBP, UDP, Excursions or Internet.

Be aware that if you take the "free UBP" you have to pay 18% gratuity on the value of the perk. For a 21 day cruise I was quoted $375 for each person. I think you also have an 18% for the UDP as well. As they say "There is no free lunch". Although on the cruise you do get a free lunch but not drinks and specialty dining promos. There are added costs so be sure to ask when you call.

Edited by mexico8

I did some pricing for this "sale." I priced a window view room for a non peak week in February 2017. It was 1100 per person :eek: Those "free" offers are definitely not free.

However the sailings during the next few months, the window view is much less.

I suppose they are really trying to fill the ship for the next 6 months. Its too early to tell if these "free" offers are here to stay or are the higher prices keeping people like me from booking a NCL cruise. Time will tell. From what I saw if you book a cruise leaving in the next few months you may actually get a fair deal with the offers. But if you want to book a later cruise, no reason to do so. The prices are way high.

Just called Costco and took advantage of the new deal. We had the all night UDP before for all 3 of us. New deal is just the two adults, plus the ubp, plus Costco threw in more shipboard credit then we had before. After all was said and done, kept our large balcony minisuite and paid $245 more total, when I subtract out the difference in the shipboard credit it's only $130 more. That's two drinks a day to cover the cost, no problemo. Done deal. We only planned on 4 specialty nights anyway (we did these on sea days only on the Pearl and it worked out well.) :D

Edited by Kierste

I'm waiting for the friends sail free promo on a Jan 17 sailing. If I book now to get the two free offers promo then the FSF promo comes up in a few months, could I add that promo on or I lose the two free offers? I will probably save around 2 grand on FSF promo (traveling with two kids under 3).

Wondering if I should book now or wait.

I'm waiting for the friends sail free promo on a Jan 17 sailing. If I book now to get the two free offers promo then the FSF promo comes up in a few months, could I add that promo on or I lose the two free offers?
You will almost certainly lose the two perks and you will get whatever promo they are offering at that time, along with the new pricing. (The cruise fare for passengers 1 & 2 may also change, up or down.) The one thing they may be willing to do is let you keep your original booking date, so you still get the advantages of booking early (Latitudes bonus, AARP, etc. if applicable).
Wondering if I should book now or wait
I don't see any downside to booking now, if the price looks OK to you. If a better deal comes along, you can rebook.

Well this makes me happy if cruise pricing isn't jacked up to compensate. I needed to make a correction to my reservation anyway.

My cruise price stayed the same. I switched cabins which resulted in an increase, but the price for the new cabin was the same as prior to accepting the 2 Free Promotion.

We just booked our cruise for the Mar 19th sailing last week and now they have "pick 2" rather than "pick 1" ..... Our travel agent tried to have us upgraded to the new promotion but NCL said we cant??? Never had a problem with price drops etc. on other cruise lines. Has anyone else been able to get the new promo?? We are booked in a balcony> thx

We just booked our cruise for the Mar 19th sailing last week and now they have "pick 2" rather than "pick 1" ..... Our travel agent tried to have us upgraded to the new promotion but NCL said we cant??? Never had a problem with price drops etc. on other cruise lines.
All cruise lines have a cancellation policy that impose penalties for changing your booking at the last minute, which is what you are trying to do. You can get price drops or new promos or cancel altogether outside of the penalty period, but your cruise is only 53 days away, so you are pretty much stuck with what you have. Unless you are willing to pay the 50% or 75% cancellation penalty to rebook.

I have booked B2B on Norwegian Spirit departing Barcelona on 20th December to cover Xmas and NY and taken the UBP as one of our Promo offers having read the post regarding being charged the Gratuities on this package I checked the T's & C's on our British website and it says that the 18% gratuity is included in the offer and there certainly isn't an additional amount added on on my invoice for the cruise covering this . We have some friends leaving Barcelona next week on Epic who have taken the UBP so I await with interest to see if they are asked to pay on board.

Edited by glynandkath

I checked the T's & C's on our British website and it says that the 18% gratuity is included in the offer and there certainly isn't an additional amount added on on my invoice for the cruise covering this . We have some friends leaving Barcelona next week on Epic who have taken the UBP so I await with interest to see if they are asked to pay on board.

It's because you booked through the UK site. It's different when booked through the USA site.