Jewel after refurbishment

daisy706

I have never been on this class of ship. I have been on the Navigator, Freedom (twice) and Oasis. Will there be a place to get food 24 hours a day like the Cafe Promenade or will we have to use room service (and pay a fee) if we want some food after midnight?

I have never been on this class of ship. I have been on the Navigator, Freedom (twice) and Oasis. Will there be a place to get food 24 hours a day like the Cafe Promenade or will we have to use room service (and pay a fee) if we want some food after midnight?

There will be a Park Cafe in the Solarium, but those have been closing 1am-2am on our recent cruises. No 24 hour venue other than room service.

Thanks for the info! What type of food is at the Park Cafe - finger sandwiches, etc.?

Breakfast: egg/muffin sandwiches, wraps, burritos, oatmeal, bagels, fruit cups, etc.

Lunch: roast beef sandwiches, small sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit cups, panini, cookies, etc.

Snacks: pizza slices, small sandwiches, fruit cups, cookies, etc.

Are you sure Bob? I though they were not adding a Park Cafe on Jewel.

Well, you can never be 100% sure with Royal, but I'd be very surprised if they made Jewel solarium different than all the other Radiance and Vision class ships.

Well, you can never be 100% sure with Royal, but I'd be very surprised if they made Jewel solarium different than all the other Radiance and Vision class ships.
I'll let you know as I'm going her first cruise after the drydock. If they don't change the dates!:rolleyes:

I too am curious about Park Cafe. I thought at first they were adding it but if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read it wasn't being added anymore. Maybe just a rumor. I guess we'll know soon.
It is no longer listed on the ships page. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=JW&br=R

Going on Jewel in july from Rome. Only been on Liberty before and loved the cafè promonade/sorrento for snacks in the late hours, hope they do something like that after the upgrade. Like the idea of park cafè.

If they don't change to Park Cafe, I would guess they would still have the pizza slices available in the Solarium.

If they don't change it, I would be disappointed too. One of the reasons someone mentioned (again, a rumor) was that it just didn't work in that venue (Solarium.) I don't see how that can be if they already have a pizzeria there. Same concept just different, better food with more selection!

I agree Bob - love the Park Cafe for breakfast. I've only had it on Oasis and Allure, but it was a nice change and often very quiet before 9am.

If they don't change it, I would be disappointed too. One of the reasons someone mentioned (again, a rumor) was that it just didn't work in that venue (Solarium.) I don't see how that can be if they already have a pizzeria there. Same concept just different, better food with more selection!

I agree Bob - love the Park Cafe for breakfast. I've only had it on Oasis and Allure, but it was a nice change and often very quiet before 9am.

It's hard to believe that the venue does not work in the Solarium, as it seems to be working fine on 9 other ships in their Solarium.

Edited by clarea

On our recent cruise on Jewel which, was just the beginning of the month, I asked and was told that Park Cafe will be located in the Solarium just like it is on other Radiance class ships. Of course, we all know that they can change.:p

It's hard to believe that the venue does not work in the Solarium, as it seems to be working fine on 9 other ships in their Solarium.

The one problem with it being in the Solarium is that it can get very warm in there and that is one of the complaints that has been noted.

Edited by cruisenfever

On our recent cruise on Jewel which, was just the beginning of the month, I asked and was told that Park Cafe will be located in the Solarium just like it is on other Radiance class ships. Of course, we all know that they can change.:p.

Thanks for the info, and I hope you are correct.:)

Seriously disappointing if they removed it. Hoping it's just another website omission.

Me too. We love Park Cafe, though most times our egg muffins for breakfast are cold and they have

to reheat it, but no big deal.

We also love it for lunch on embarkation day. Much quieter than the "food slammer" on that day. :eek:

Edited by island lady

Well I guess we will be the first to know as booked in a JS april 24th out of Lauderdale just after yard transformation.. At least a refurb will be long needed and flat screens, bedding, carpet, outdoor screen, and hopefully new wifi. Bob

Well I guess we will be the first to know as booked in a JS april 24th out of Lauderdale just after yard transformation.. At least a refurb will be long needed and flat screens, bedding, carpet, outdoor screen, and hopefully new wifi. Bob

Bedding was replaced in all cabins in December on Jewel.

In the royal caribbean app you can chose to look on deck plans before dock <- 27.mar and after dock 24.apr -> looks like seaview cafe is replaced with the izumi. Not a big fan of sushi , so bummer for me.

That would be consistent with what has been done on other Radiance class ships.

In the royal caribbean app you can chose to look on deck plans before dock <- 27.mar and after dock 24.apr -> looks like seaview cafe is replaced with the izumi. Not a big fan of sushi , so bummer for me.

And once in a while they are even right.:D

Edited by FLACRUISER99