Excursions booked on board - do they often sell out?

postcardswansea

Looking for opinions please, in the hope someone may have experience of this:

If we wait to book excursions once we're on board (to utilise on board credit), will there be some options left, or is it likely / possible that there will be nothing available?

This is for Med cruise on Oceana in April.

Looking for opinions please, in the hope someone may have experience of this:

If we wait to book excursions once we're on board (to utilise on board credit), will there be some options left, or is it likely / possible that there will be nothing available?

This is for Med cruise on Oceana in April.

Depends on the excursion. If its one that says limited capacity then I would book before going, as if they can only have so many people and its popular you may miss out.

If its a same as same as, where it would just be a matter of putting on another coach I would book on board.

We did the first leg of a world cruise and the only one we pre-booked was Petra in Jordan. everything else, they just laid on an extra coach. For the Med, I would consider doing it yourself. It only takes a little research. Take a local bus of train. Much n icer.

My view is that if there is a trip you wouldnt want to miss....then book it in advance. And if you are going to Rome, and havent been there before then i would recomend booking something in advance too....even if it is simply one of the "Rome on your own" trips. That gives you a safety net of getting back to the ship on time.

The more popular tours can and do sell out before sailing, but there will always be something available on board. As The english lady said, if one you are interested in says limited availability / capacity, then book it.

if the excursion is fully booked there will almost certainly be the option to do it yourself e.g. with a local taxi. We don't really do many excursions and see more of the local area by using taxis or private tours. We just aim to be back on the ship at least one hour before all aboard timE.

On a Fjords trip we had booked a train excursion before sailing - not the Flam one - and people on our table had intended booking on board only to find all the tickets had gone, so yes if there's an excursion that really appeals to you book it before hand.

Its always worth noting if / how many other ships are in port on the same day as it can drastically affect popular ships tour destinations.

For instance, the trip to Jost Van Dyke from Tortola is lovely if you are the only ship in but if there are others, who will probably be offering a similar tour it can change the whole experience.