hotels in new orleans

sassy125

I am cruising out of new orleans on May 1 2016 on the carnival dream. There are 8 adults going and we are going to drive to new orleans. My problem is i can not find a hotel for 1 night before our cruise for that weekend. We would like to get one close enough to walk to the french quarter but i am seeing that may be impossible so if we could get one that we could get on the street cars that would be fine as well. We are not looking for anything expensive but we also don't want one that we are afraid to walk on the floors or sleep in the beds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am cruising out of new orleans on May 1 2016 on the carnival dream. There are 8 adults going and we are going to drive to new orleans. My problem is i can not find a hotel for 1 night before our cruise for that weekend. We would like to get one close enough to walk to the french quarter but i am seeing that may be impossible so if we could get one that we could get on the street cars that would be fine as well. We are not looking for anything expensive but we also don't want one that we are afraid to walk on the floors or sleep in the beds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is most likely the "problem":

http://www.nojazzfest.com/home/

If you don't want to pay $$$ for a hotel room that night you will need to get further out.

Thank you, that would explain alot. Does anyone know anything about the Best Western Plus landmark in Metairie? Right now they have some availability. What i was wondering is how far is it from the french quarter and jackson square? My other question is with Jazz fest in town are we going to be able to get around at all? I really appreciate any help anyone has. Thank you so much.

Looks like you can get a room for 1 night on hotwire but it's going to cost $250-300.

I have never booked through hotwire, looks like I will be this trip!! This am hotwire had a 4 star in the warehouse district for 203...if it's back tomorrow I am booking!!

I have never booked through hotwire, looks like I will be this trip!! This am hotwire had a 4 star in the warehouse district for 203...if it's back tomorrow I am booking!!

That may be Hilton Riverside. Recently people have been getting that with 4* warehouse district.

I have never booked on hotwire either and it makes me nervous to book on there. I guess mainly because i don't know what i am getting or where i will be. Any suggestions to help book on there where i am more comfortable with what i am doing.

I have never booked on hotwire either and it makes me nervous to book on there. I guess mainly because i don't know what i am getting or where i will be. Any suggestions to help book on there where i am more comfortable with what i am doing.

I can help. You are the one who wants a room for 4/30 right? Is $257 too much? If you go on Hotwire the 4* warehouse district for $257 is Hilton Riverside. It's the best deal in the area that night...unless you want to go out to a suburb. Oh you have a lot of people. If you want to guarantee a two bed room, make sure you search for 2 adults and 2 children....doesn't matter if you actually have two adults and 2 children or not. If you book that way, they'll give you two beds. If you leave it at the default 2 adults, 0 children, you may get a 1 bed room.

I can help. You are the one who wants a room for 4/30 right? Is $257 too much? If you go on Hotwire the 4* warehouse district for $257 is Hilton Riverside. It's the best deal in the area that night...unless you want to go out to a suburb. Oh you have a lot of people. If you want to guarantee a two bed room, make sure you search for 2 adults and 2 children....doesn't matter if you actually have two adults and 2 children or not. If you book that way, they'll give you two beds. If you leave it at the default 2 adults, 0 children, you may get a 1 bed room.

Thanks for the help!!

Thank you Saint Greg for your information but i must have missed the price because when i looked it said the warehouse district was $335 now. So i guess i will continue to look. My next question is if i stay on the other side of the mississippi in westbank is there a ferry that can get you close to the french quarter?

Thank you Saint Greg for your information but i must have missed the price because when i looked it said the warehouse district was $335 now. So i guess i will continue to look. My next question is if i stay on the other side of the mississippi in westbank is there a ferry that can get you close to the french quarter?

Yep.

http://nolaferries.com/

Edited by Saint Greg

Saint Greg, I am thinking about booking through hotwire. There is a 3.5 star for $170 in the French Quarter for May 7, any idea what hotel that may be?

Thanks in advance.

I don't see that one. I see a 3-star for $169....The 3.5's I see are $207 and $301

Sorry, I am so confused with all of the....its a 3 star for 170 as of right now....

I'm not 100% but I think it's Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel. I've never stayed there. The reviews look good. But I'll say this. It's on the outer edge of the French Quarter. About 5 blocks from the very end of where the bourbon street action ends. If that is where you end up I would be careful at night..and possibly take a cab back to the hotel instead of walking.

I'm not 100% but I think it's Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel. I've never stayed there. The reviews look good. But I'll say this. It's on the outer edge of the French Quarter. About 5 blocks from the very end of where the bourbon street action ends. If that is where you end up I would be careful at night..and possibly take a cab back to the hotel instead of walking.

Thank you very much for the info!! And for the warnings!! I am such a nervous nelly, I drive my husband crazy!!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be staying at the Comfort Suites Harvey May 7,2016 They will transport to the ship and back after cruise and car will stay parked there while gone is this a safe area? How close to New Orleans will we be? How can we get to New Orleans and the action that night without driving?

We are also thinking of staying in New Orleans 15-17 of May can you give me some ideas. Verizon lists some with very good rates but really don't know where they are. I'm looking for some advise Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Thanks, Doxie

We will be staying at the Comfort Suites Harvey May 7,2016 They will transport to the ship and back after cruise and car will stay parked there while gone is this a safe area? How close to New Orleans will we be? How can we get to New Orleans and the action that night without driving?

We are also thinking of staying in New Orleans 15-17 of May can you give me some ideas. Verizon lists some with very good rates but really don't know where they are. I'm looking for some advise Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Thanks, Doxie

I can't help with Harvey. I've never been down there. I can tell you it's 7.5 miles from the port.

On hotwire I see a $66 3.5star in the warehouse district. I'm not sure which hotel it is though. That one should be close to the port. If you're looking in the French Quarter area there's a 4* French Quarter Bourbon Street for $78 that should be Astor Crowne Plaza or Marriot. Both on Canal close to Bourbon. Then for $92 French Quarter - Bourbon Street there's a 3 star that should be Four Points on Bourbon Street. I stayed there in December and loved it. Room was very quiet yet if you stepped outside you were in the heart of bourbon street.

My priority is location when I'm in NO, which is usually twice /year, including 2 weeks during jazz fest. :) You can't pay me to stay in Harvey, sorry. Just way too inconvenient, with nothing of my interest in the area.

I find that the the rates are really jacked up for Jazz Fest, but, last couple years, they also drop like a rock, late bookings, which is what I take advantage of on the weekends. I just add them on to my stay. I haven't paid over $200/night. I like the La Quinta, , Drury Inn also is known for lower rates. The Wingates. with ease of using the cheap airport bus. :)

I've never been to New Orleans. We will be flying in late on a Friday night and getting on the ship on Sunday. We need a hotel that will pick us up at the airport. We want to be able to go to Bourbon Street and then also have the hotel bring us to the port on Sunday morning. Does anyone know of the perfect hotel for this? What area should I be looking in? Thanks in advance for your help?

Thanks for all of your help with ideas for Hotels. We found a Bed and Breakfast called the Avenue Inn. Has anyone heard or know anything about this Inn?

Thanks, Doxie

I hadn't heard of it but I looked it up. Garden District. Pretty far from the French Quarter but it looks like there's a st. Charles streetcar stop by it. You can get a $3/day pass and ride all you want. It's very very well reviewed. Like 750 of 800 rated it Excellent...and free Parking is good down there.

I've never been to New Orleans. We will be flying in late on a Friday night and getting on the ship on Sunday. We need a hotel that will pick us up at the airport. We want to be able to go to Bourbon Street and then also have the hotel bring us to the port on Sunday morning. Does anyone know of the perfect hotel for this? What area should I be looking in? Thanks in advance for your help?