Announcement for Vista

jimbo5544

John Heald mentioned on his blog that he is heading over to the US for an announcement Wednesday in Jacksonville regarding Vista. Interesting choice of location.

Agreed.

Your guess as to what it's about? I don't have any idea given the location.

Agreed.

Your guess as to what it's about? I don't have any idea given the location.

Many cruise ship companies are dropping the Turkish ports. Could it have anything thing to do with that. The final payment for the May 1st sailing is Feb. 1. I would hope that if a change is to be made, it would be completed before then.

Bobbie

I could see them deleting Turkey ports of call (other lines have already done that). Why it would be done in Jacksonville? No clue.

And why John, a Carnival guy, not so much a CCL guy. If they're going to do this I would think it would be CCL wide, not just Carnival. Maybe John is going to Wow us with the new port(s)?

Other lines seem to have just issued a press release for the Turkey ports.

What about Vista's sister? I'd think there would be a little more Brouhaha with that announcement.

Many cruise ship companies are dropping the Turkish ports. Could it have anything thing to do with that. The final payment for the May 1st sailing is Feb. 1. I would hope that if a change is to be made, it would be completed before then.

Bobbie

We shall see I guess. It's John & Jacksonville location that makes me think its not Turkey but.......

If I remember correctly there was an agreement with Dade County and the Port of Miami that involved keeping Vista here for a couple of years.

Carnival plans to brings the largest ship in its history to Miami, docking the nearly 4,000-passenger Carnival Vista at PortMiami as part of an extended deal for subsidies from Miami-Dade County.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article9056738.html#storylink=cpy

What's more likely to be announced is a delay with the construction of the ship. There's just over 3.5 months left before she is due to be handed over and from the latest pictures I've seen, there's quite a bit of work left.

Edited by Mr305

If I remember correctly there was an agreement with Dade County and the Port of Miami that involved keeping Vista here for a couple of years.

Carnival plans to brings the largest ship in its history to Miami, docking the nearly 4,000-passenger Carnival Vista at PortMiami as part of an extended deal for subsidies from Miami-Dade County.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article9056738.html#storylink=cpy

What's more likely to be announced is a delay with the construction of the ship. There's just over 3.5 months left before she is due to be handed over and from the latest pictures I've seen, there's quite a bit of work left.

I doubt this much fan fare would be given to an announcement about a delay. Plus, I'm fairly certain he dubbed the announcement "exciting" the other day on a FB post. Which he has been known to hype announcements in the past.

The announcement is likely to be that a company from Jacksonville is installing the toilets. "Exciting"!

Is it possible hes announcing it there becauses hes boarding a ship in Jacksonville for some reason?

Not really sure which ship sails out of there and when though.

That may exactly be the reason. It did say recently that he was trying to hit the smaller ships for a sailing.

since everybody will be there from president down..... i think it will either be about a feature that hasn't been announced by carnival for vista made by a jax company or it will have to do with marketing.

There certainly is a lot of brass coming. :eek:

since everybody will be there from president down..... i think it will either be about a feature that hasn't been announced by carnival for vista made by a jax company or it will have to do with marketing.

I think it will be more likely that another ship will be added to the JAX port.

I think it will be more likely that another ship will be added to the JAX port.

First it was going to be an announcement on Wednesday from Jacksonville regarding the Vista.

Then it was an announcement on Thursday with the Pres & others also in Jacksonville. It was going to be a fun announcement. He did add the Vista will NOT be sailing from Jacksonville because the bridge is too small and he doesn't want to wear skinny jeans.

That's what we know.

Oh, and last Saturday I ate at Terra Gaucha in Jacksonville. I'd recommend.

JH from his blog site mentioned that he would be there tomorrow for the announcement with some we know. This makes me think it is related to a new food venue sponsor (i.e. something like Guy Fieri type of thing) or a new Carnival Live group/person or who the Godmother of the Vista will be or I have no idea....:cool:

There certainly is a lot of brass coming. :eek:

Carnival Cruise Line, Operation Homefront, And Seven-Time Grammy Award-Winning Superstar Carrie Underwood Launch Honor. Family. Fun. Initiative To Support Military Families - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2016/01/28/carnival-cruise-line-operation-homefront-and-seven-time-grammy-award-winning-superstar-carrie-underwood-launch-honor-family-fun-initiative-to-support-military-families/#sthash.QYzWW2vV.dpuf