Global Entry System

KirkNC

If you are adding your KTN to your reservation make sure the name on your GE application/profile matches the name to your airline reservation EXACTLY.

So if you're proper name in GE is Christopher but your license is Chris and everything else is Chris (but full name still Christopher like on the passport) your airline ticket MUST say Christopher to be eligible/receive PreCheck.

Many don't realize this then complain when they don't get Pre. It's mandatory for them to match so they computer can read the data. No exact match, no data reading.

Yes, heading to Rome to board the Koningsdam 6 weeks from tomorrow [emoji3]✈️ But should probably wait till after the interview to add the number right??

Yes. Some push the envelop and do it as soon as they get conditional approval but I'm not sure that really does any good until the CBP agent passes you at the interview. May not do any harm but it would be my luck it gets rejected as a bad number and then won't work later on. I've never asked a CBP or TSA agent about the potential risk or downside.

Yes. Some push the envelop and do it as soon as they get conditional approval but I'm not sure that really does any good until the CBP agent passes you at the interview. May not do any harm but it would be my luck it gets rejected as a bad number and then won't work later on. I've never asked a CBP or TSA agent about the potential risk or downside.

I plan to be safe and not apply the number till after the interview.....let's see I have a long 23 days to wait. But who's counting only 42 days till we leave [emoji4]✈️

• 3 weeks later...

Have been asked about Global Entry & don't know these answers.

Does anyone know if two people can go for a Global Entry interview together? A Friend's DH no longer drives & uses an expired drivers license for his ID...

These people have travelled since the 60's & probably have been in at least a hundred countries around the world...They have all their expired passports as well as their present valid passports..

My Friend's DH has short term memory problems (he's over 85), & would not be able to remember what countries he's been to unless his wife was there... His wife would like to get a Global Entry for herself, but must also get one for her DH too since they travel together..

Another question which was asked is how are Children's global Entry's handled if each child has their own passports.. Assume Parents must be present for the interview.. SIZE]

Edited by serendipity1499

Does anyone know if two people can go for a Global Entry interview together? A Friend's DH no longer drives & uses an expired drivers license for his ID...

These people have travelled since the 60's & probably have been in at least a hundred countries around the world...They have all their expired passports as well as their present valid passports..

My Friend's DH has short term memory problems (he's over 85), & would not be able to remember what countries he's been to unless his wife was there... His wife would like to get a Global Entry for herself, but must also get one for her DH too since they travel together..

I don't know if this would translate to the port procedures but when we flew to Ft. Lauderdale in February DH and I both had Global Entry and MIL did not; at the airports MIL was not allowed to go through the fast lane with us even though two of us had GE/TSA Precheck (DH wnet through the usual line with his mom).

At Port Everglades they kinda just waved DH and I (MIL was not on the cruise) through into the expedited lane for GE (and those needing assistance) without checking anything, so it may be possible to slip by.

Edited by Boytjie

Another question which was asked is how are Children's global Entry's handled if each child has their own passports.. Assume Parents must be present for the interview.. SIZE]

Each person must apply under a separate number and have his/her own appointment. For the convenience of driving, I would hope a couple would be able to book appointments around the same time.

I don't know about kids and the Global Entry, but I read somewhere that when a child's passport is applied for all custodial adults must be present and be on record as approving this. It's supposed to help prevent custodial abduction--one divorced parent can't get the kid a passport without the other parent knowing about it.

Yes, your friend can go to the GE interview with her husband and they should be able to arrange to get both interviews done at one time. Have to say they didn't ask either my wife or I anything about our fairly extensive foreign travel. I got interviewed about a month before my wife and went on my own. When she got interviewed I was with her and the agent motioned me in to his little office where I just sat quietly through the interview.

Children with separate passports have to be enrolled in GE to use the system so they have to go through the whole application and interview process. They can't just walk through with their parents. I don't know about older teenagers, like 16+ years old, but young children will need their parents with them. I'd plan on having to take any child to the interview.

If you are adding your KTN to your reservation make sure the name on your GE application/profile matches the name to your airline reservation EXACTLY.

So if you're proper name in GE is Christopher but your license is Chris and everything else is Chris (but full name still Christopher like on the passport) your airline ticket MUST say Christopher to be eligible/receive PreCheck.

Many don't realize this then complain when they don't get Pre. It's mandatory for them to match so they computer can read the data. No exact match, no data reading.

EXACT match is important! When we flew in January, United picked up our stored info when I made the reservation. Although DH's United profile has his middle name, as does his passport, the reservation was made without the middle name. When I realized this, I called United and they said "Yeah, sometimes the computer does that," and it would be OK because it was a domestic flight.

It was OK, but he didn't get the nice little green checkmark on his boarding pass, so we had to go through the shoes-off line.

Some nonexact matches are OK. I don't know if it's still like this, but 2 years ago, Virgin Atlantic reservations ran first and middle names together. It's what their system does and the computers seem to be able to connect "LAST, FIRST MIDDLE" on a passport with "LAST, FIRSTMIDDLE" on the reservation.

EXACT match is important! When we flew in January, United picked up our stored info when I made the reservation. Although DH's United profile has his middle name, as does his passport, the reservation was made without the middle name. When I realized this, I called United and they said "Yeah, sometimes the computer does that," and it would be OK because it was a domestic flight.

It was OK, but he didn't get the nice little green checkmark on his boarding pass, so we had to go through the shoes-off line.

Some nonexact matches are OK. I don't know if it's still like this, but 2 years ago, Virgin Atlantic reservations ran first and middle names together. It's what their system does and the computers seem to be able to connect "LAST, FIRST MIDDLE" on a passport with "LAST, FIRSTMIDDLE" on the reservation.

While you can get randomly not selected for PreCheck the most common problem is the information across all the systems not matching. It actually had nothing to do with PreCheck or any of the other Trusted Traveller programs but a few years ago the Federal government, at least DoD, got all energized about getting their systems and service member/employee information to match. We had to go through this whole updating and reporting process to get our full names on pretty much everything. They even required personnel who travelled on official business but on their own passports to get their passports aligned. While it was a pain in the backside back thento get it done have to say every form of ID I have today matches exactly and every airline and cruise line profile matches that. Again, even with all your information correct and matching you can get randomly non-selected for PreCheck or get the black "X" at the GE kiosk but that's usually very infrequent.

I don't know if this would translate to the port procedures but when we flew to Ft. Lauderdale in February DH and I both had Global Entry and MIL did not; at the airports MIL was not allowed to go through the fast lane with us even though two of us had GE/TSA Precheck (DH wnet through the usual line with his mom).

At Port Everglades they kinda just waved DH and I (MIL was not on the cruise) through into the expedited lane for GE (and those needing assistance) without checking anything, so it may be possible to slip by.

And I misread the Betty's post! LOL It's about the interview, not about using GE. Mea culpa! :o

Edited by Boytjie

And I misread the Betty's post! LOL It's about the interview, not about using GE. Mea culpa! :o

I still think it's important that you pointed out that basically a traveling partner cannot "hitchhike" on your Trusted Teaveller program status. I've seen this asked, debated, or argued at airport security checkpoints and Immigration and Customs several times since Mrs. K and I enrolled in GE. Occasionally a TSA agent may let a non-PreCheck partner through but not usually or often. CBP agents are much more resistant and as far as I know the GE kiosk won't work for a non-enrolled passenger so even trying to go that way is a waste of time.

Both parents do not need to be present for the GE interview. I scheduled interviews for my kiddos in back to back time slots. They called us all back together and one officer handled all of us. I think it depends on which agent you get if they ask about previous countries visited. Sometimes it seems like they are just making conversation when asking about this. Hopefully they would be compassionate to those with memory deficits and such an extensive travel history.

I still think it's important that you pointed out that basically a traveling partner cannot "hitchhike" on your Trusted Teaveller program status. I've seen this asked, debated, or argued at airport security checkpoints and Immigration and Customs several times since Mrs. K and I enrolled in GE. Occasionally a TSA agent may let a non-PreCheck partner through but not usually or often. CBP agents are much more resistant and as far as I know the GE kiosk won't work for a non-enrolled passenger so even trying to go that way is a waste of time.

Thanks.

I also mixer TSA Precheck and Global Entry as it relates to those flights - which were domestic.

At JFK they allowed MIL to take a short line with Precheck and since she was over 80 she did not have to take shoes etc off. At FLL they made her go through the regular long line.

At a GE kiosk I cannot see how someone not enrolled would be able to get through.

At Port Everglades there is no GE kiosk, you just get priority processing by the regular CBP agents.

Quite frankly I found the interview to be a joke. I was asked a couple of questions like birthdate and such. They then took what turned out to be a very poor picture and that was it.

I guess I will find out how they do it here in Las Vegas this next Thursday, my appointment is at 1:30 during my lunch. It is in a completely out of the way obscure place at Mccarran Airport at our fairly new International terminal so last weekend I did a trial run of parking and finding the office so there was no delays since I am doing it on my lunch hour from work.

I just had my interview a week ago. The CPB officer was vet clear that no one could piggyback off my enrollment. He even went so far as to say I could be kicked out of the program if I tried.

I guess I will find out how they do it here in Las Vegas this next Thursday, my appointment is at 1:30 during my lunch. It is in a completely out of the way obscure place at Mccarran Airport at our fairly new International terminal so last weekend I did a trial run of parking and finding the office so there was no delays since I am doing it on my lunch hour from work.

My interview consisted of just a few questions: verification of name, DOB, and upcoming travel plans. The rest of the interview was the CPB officer going through all of the do's and dont's of the program. It lasted about 15 minutes total. He was very thorough about the dont's of the program so as not to be removed from the program for a violation of rules.

I've had Global Entry for several years. It's been a lifesaver when I've had to connect in the US. I would have missed my connection, otherwise. We are in LA for a wedding, my husband made an appointment at LAX. Our flight was delayed and he missed his 4pm appointment, he had emailed them to give them a heads up. They said they would take him anytime until closing. We were an hour late, but they took him. He was in and out in 10 mins. They do most of the pre-screen prior, the interview is just to make sure you are who you are.

When I went in for my interview at LAX several years ago, I was off by a whole day. They still let me go through. I waited 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We live in Chapel Hill and had to drive 2.5 hours for our interview. Yes, it is worth it. Global Entry automatically puts you in the TSA line before any flight. It is wonderful when you arrive back in the US after a long flight and you are able to use the kiosk instead of the Disney- like long lines for immigration. You just put your passport in the machine and have a picture taken. An official verifies your picture and you're done.

Yes, your friend can go to the GE interview with her husband and they should be able to arrange to get both interviews done at one time. Have to say they didn't ask either my wife or I anything about our fairly extensive foreign travel. I got interviewed about a month before my wife and went on my own. When she got interviewed I was with her and the agent motioned me in to his little office where I just sat quietly through the interview.

Children with separate passports have to be enrolled in GE to use the system so they have to go through the whole application and interview process. They can't just walk through with their parents. I don't know about older teenagers, like 16+ years old, but young children will need their parents with them. I'd plan on having to take any child to the interview.

Both parents do not need to be present for the GE interview. I scheduled interviews for my kiddos in back to back time slots. They called us all back together and one officer handled all of us. I think it depends on which agent you get if they ask about previous countries visited. Sometimes it seems like they are just making conversation when asking about this. Hopefully they would be compassionate to those with memory deficits and such an extensive travel history.

Thanks...I'll give this info to our Friends.. I had no idea that Global Entry could be used on cruises.. If we decide to take another cruise, I'll check the appointment schedule..

Just used Global Entry at LAX. Arrived at the very busy international terminal. Used the Kiosk to clear immigration ahead of very long lines. Got bags and then saw the HUGE line to exit customs. Was directed to the head of a line that would have taken at least an hour to process - and I was out the door. Worth every penny! My thought was also that if you didn't pick up germs on cruise or flight, you would in this mass of people.

We've used GE at Ft. Lauderdale, but it was not available for our TA Nieuw Amsterdam cruise which arrived last November. One week later, it was available when we left the Eurodam. We use it frequently for international travel and it's such a timesaver. Plus as has been mentioned, the TSA Precheck is SO worth it. I can't imagine travel without it.

We just returned from a 2 week cruise that disembarked at Ft. Lauderdale. As I could not see any posed signs, I asked an attendant if there was a "Nexus or Global Entry" line and was directed to a completely empty lane. We showed our cards, handed over our forms and were waved through. We went outside and waited 35 minutes for our friends to clear through the regular lanes. :rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Signage at Port Everglades is non existent. We asked one of the CBP officers and were directed to the GE lane.

I've written CBP about the lack of signage and was told my suggestion would be forwarded to management.