On Mariner of the Seas in Asia right now

Great cruise so far!

Internet is really bad, especially considering what we pay for it.

One thing that surprises me: In many former reviews about Mariner in Asia, many complains about the level of service from the crew and rude guests. Personally I dont feel the service is much different from a cruise in the Caribbean, and so far none rude guests. Less drunk guests though!:)

Phuket tomorrow and Wednesday!

Great cruise so far!

Internet is really bad, especially considering what we pay for it.

One thing that surprises me: In many former reviews about Mariner in Asia, many complains about the level of service from the crew and rude guests. Personally I dont feel the service is much different from a cruise in the Caribbean, and so far none rude guests. Less drunk guests though!:)

Phuket tomorrow and Wednesday!

who is the master for your sailing? If you get a chance to meet him, please ask when he goes on vacation. Thank you very much in advance, it'll help me keep my Current Captain Con't thread accurate.

Thanks for the (continuing I hope) review. I board on Friday so all information is gratefully received.

People have complained about the food - can you let me know what you think of the various restaurants onboard?

Looking forward to trying this ship.

Sorry for late reply. I been busy cruising..:)

The food is a hit or miss. Some items on the MDR menu has been really good, and some rather sad. Each evening it is a own Indian section on the menu. (I think I will start to demand a own Norwegian section.....).

No "Love and Marriage"-show. Entertainment in general has been very average.

Less chair hogs on this sailing compared to others I been to.

Captain: Mal Bardsnes

Cruise Director: Fang Lixin

Concierge: JJ

When we received the email from the concierge in front of the cruise, it was stated that the concierge lounge would be in the Diamond lounge. That was changed when we boarded the ship.

All in all a quite good cruise compared to others. Relaxed feeling onboard, very few drunk or rude passengers.

Logging off for now. Watching a fantastic thunder storm outside from our balcony.

..soon time to plan our transatlantic with Jewel in November.

Thank you for taking time to post. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your cruise.

Have you had a chance to try the specialty restaurants?

Do they have a diamond lounge?

Mariner has a DL on deck 14.

Thank you. I misread RealNorwegianCruise's post.

Yeah, DL is on deck 14.

In the email from the concierge before this cruise we was told the CL and DL was merged. When we boarded, we got new information. DL on deck 14 and CL on deck 9 as normal. We hardly spent any time in the CL.

Thank you for the info. Did you try any of the specialty restaurants? Do you have any tips? We will be leaving later this month.

Didnt try any of the speciality restaurants. They been disappointing me before..

Tips? Hmm.. We stayed in a suite, and had dinner in-suite during formal nights. A nice way to avoid bringing formal wear. (We stayed in Singapore couple nights before and after the cruise, and had no room for formal clothes in our luggage..). We also had our breakfast every morning in Chops because of our stay in a suite. So relaxing..

Johnny Rockets on sea day for lunch. Easy to get tables.

No need to worry for chair hogs. Much less of them as on a cruise in Mediterranean or on a Caribbean cruise.. (this was a really interesting observation, regarding former discussions here on CC..).