Table mates

lindabodrum

We were on Musica a couple of weeks ago and were seated with three other couples, all British like us. Considering the relatively small number of Brits onboard I don't think it was random.

I did notice that unlike on other cruise lines, when we went to the MDR for lunch they seated each party at their own table, I guess this was because of all the different languages being spoken.

Julie

Could be a lonesome twosome then, fancied a bit of socializing and meeting new friends

If you request a large table I'm sure they will seat you with other English speakers for dinner.

Julie

MSC is our next cruise. First time trying it. On other lines we have gone to the MDR during embarkation just to check out our table. If this is possible you will know if it's a table for two or not.

If you are interested in meeting new friends that would be the time to check with the Maitre 'd and let him know your preference. If you have a second language you could let him know that also and increase your odds of meeting others.

Charlie

Are you put with fellow compatriots or is the company at the tables random. I don't mind either way,just wondered

I'm Brazilian but I live in Belgium so I was placed in a table with 4 other Belgium couples.

I met a few Brazilians while on board, and they said they were seated with other Brazilians. So I guess not only your nationality count but most likely your country of residence comes first.

Its been a while since I have been on a line without open dining. Another family we know are now also on our cruise. How do we go about being seated with them in the MDR?

If you used a travel agent I would toss the question to her/him.

Charlie

They will try to seat you first of all with your own nationality based on the seating and table size preferences you've made. If there aren't enough people to match that criteria, they will add other people who speak English as a first language and then possibly those who speak it as a second language.

I'm often with fellow Brits, but have had very mixed tables with Americans, Australians and South Africans. Occasionally Dutch and Scandinavians as there are often even fewer of them an hardly anyone else not from there country speaks their language and let's face it they normally put you to shame on justo how fluent they are in English.