Civi Hotel W/ FCO pickup and next day Transfer to ship

Michael@ssrp

We have been to Rome before and are time challenged pre-cruise. Flying into FCO, spending the night in Civi/Cruise port day before cruising. Is anyone aware of a good clean hotel in Civi/Cruise port that both picks up at FCO AND delivers you to the ship post stay?? Thank you in advance for any recommendations!!

You realize the airport is an hour from Civi? I have heard of hotels that will arrange for transport to the airport, but not from the airport. A hotel will probably just charge you an extra fee for a shuttle of some type. Or you could book transport on your own.

You might be able to walk to the port from some of the hotels, and catch the free intra-port shuttle to your ship. Or take a cab from the hotel direct to your ship.

We stayed at the Hotel Traghetto in Civitavecchia 2 years ago and will be staying there again in May. The manager arranged for us to be picked up at the airport. The cost was a little less than the going rate. The hotel is about a 3 minute walk (easy walking) to the area where the shuttle buses pick you up to take you to the ship.

Do you know what the cost of a cab to the port or hotel traghetto is?

Thank you!

In looking at several companies, the standard rate is about €130 for 2 people. I think we will be paying €110. The price per person decreases as the number of passengers increases. Eg. €150 for 4.

There is also a shuttle but I have not really looked at the prices since the shuttle seems to wait for a full load before heading out. Friends waited for over an hour after their flight from home for the shuttle to fill. It seems to me it would work better for going from the port to the airport since all would be debarking at the same time.

Hope this helps.