First X Cruise:SILHOUETTE JAN 17 2016

Bimmer09

Lovely photos Norris. Like we are there again!

Thank you for trying to help my husband. The helmet saved his head I believe. We did go straight back to the ship's hospital, where care was very good I think. His shoulder was dislocated, but the doctor efficiently reduced the dislocation and my husband felt much better. Many xrays were taken and nothing was thought to be otherwise broken or seriously injured. We were advised to return to the hospital if needed and to see our local doctors when we returned home. We decided to stay on the ship and really had a restful cruise (canceling all our shore excursions though). We found out, at least in our case, since it was an accident that happened on a Celebrity sponsored shore excursion, our onboard hospital bill was taken care of by the ship. All of the ships crew and staff that were already taking great care of us, showed exceptional care and consideration for our newfound condition.

My husband visited his orthopedist the first working day home and after a more extensive review, MRI and CT here at home, fractures were detected in his upper arm and shoulder socket that will have to be repaired surgically next week.

All to say, things just happen and we are grateful nothing worse occurred. We still had a vacation that we chose to enjoy and are now getting to see it again through your eyes. And we look forward to seeing the expedition we missed! Thank you,

emelle.

Mr. Bimmer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful, detailed reviews.

Because of this review, I have gone back and digitally stalked your signature for more reviews.

Currently retracing your steps through Rome & Florence.

My employer would not thank you for posting such reviews as I have become less productive!

I sat down for starting at 7 in the morning and next thing I knew it was lunch time!

Thank you again and keep on snapping and writing.

P.S Your jokes have made my co-workers thinking that I'm crazy since I've been smiling to myself.

Mr. Bimmer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful, detailed reviews.

Because of this review, I have gone back and digitally stalked your signature for more reviews.

Currently retracing your steps through Rome & Florence.

My employer would not thank you for posting such reviews as I have become less productive!

I sat down for starting at 7 in the morning and next thing I knew it was lunch time!

Thank you again and keep on snapping and writing.

P.S Your jokes have made my co-workers thinking that I'm crazy since I've been smiling to myself.

Hi and thanks for joining us here!

If you are reading my Rome stuff then you find me there in my element, at my happiest. We both love Rome like no other city-I think that comes across in the two Rome reviews I have written on CC so far. There will be a third- just don't know when. We are waiting to hear from the Bayreuth Festival in Germany, whether we have tickets for this August. Deadline is Jan 31 so we'll soon know.

That beats any cruise for us. If no tix then we have to plan something for late summer. We like land vacations equally as much as cruises. We've done many driving tours in Germany (no speed limit on most of the highways=hooray! Full speed ahead!) so maybe an Italian One someday? I live to drive.

We are in the city of Houston in May for Opera (and amazing steak via Pappas Bros. (see my Houston blog)

Norris

Hi and thanks for joining us here!

That beats any cruise for us. If no tix then we have to plan something for late summer. We like land vacations equally as much as cruises. We've done many driving tours in Germany (no speed limit on most of the highways=hooray! Full speed ahead!) so maybe an Italian One someday? I live to drive.

Norris

Currently I'm day dreaming to get to our June b2b equinox from rome to barcelona and then to athen.

I saw on one of excursion offered by celebrity was to rent a ferrari for the day in nice.

Perhaps that will help you decide!

The last few photos while there was still light...

In this shot you can get a better idea of the distance of the Marriott from the rocks...last year I trekked that in the pitch dark at 4.30 a.m. Yikes!

24352214960_00e9d03302_b.jpg

The Miami Skyline

24020948363_c2ba265cf2_b.jpg

Port Everglades fades into the distance

24565559871_81a26c8f7e_b.jpg

24019620554_695e398cd7_b.jpg

With darkness falling and a windy deck it was time to turn our attentions to the inside of the ship. We had a comedy show to attend in the Silhouette theater and a dinner planned at Murano.

Norris

Currently I'm day dreaming to get to our June b2b equinox from rome to barcelona and then to athen.

I saw on one of excursion offered by celebrity was to rent a ferrari for the day in nice.

Perhaps that will help you decide!

What?-Like this?

22393594349_270ea696fa_b.jpg

This was a rental. Not mine. If it was in Germany then I'd definitely rent one for a day. This was in Italy between Genoa and Manarola (Emerald Princess review)

Norris

What?-Like this?

This was a rental. Not mine. If it was in Germany then I'd definitely rent one for a day. This was in Italy between Genoa and Manarola (Emerald Princess review)

Norris

Not quite.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions/productDetails?productCode=VFD1

It looks like it's a ferrari california based on the pic. Still a V8 front mounted beast instead of a V8 rear mounted Ferrari 430 like the one in your pic :)

I took some more photos as I left deck 15

24383165000_9a06393564_b.jpg

Sunset Bar Flowerpots- I love those. Nice touch!

24585129551_80f52bab53_b.jpg

24050497054_8a00d1a966_b.jpg

Lawn Club Grill dinner service getting underway

24310975509_e2834ca538_b.jpg

Beautiful deck lights by the Alcoves

24310971409_10627f97c4_b.jpg

Back to 7309 to change to Country Club Casual and we set out for the show on deck 5. We usually sit in the top half of the theaters.

We take the aft elevator

24050481604_6d166b7dab_b.jpg

Not quite.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions/productDetails?productCode=VFD1

It looks like it's a ferrari california based on the pic. Still a V8 front mounted beast instead of a V8 rear mounted Ferrari 430 like the one in your pic :)

Aha! A car enthusiast!

Check out the engine...rear window shot

22580422565_e678abee93_b.jpg

Rental Plates hanging from the back.

22554441226_5d34b297c0_b.jpg

Norris

We exit on 5 and there's a band playing down below on 3.

24652478876_e2465751b0_b.jpg

24560907792_a99e092ebf_b.jpg

It's the Silhouette Orchestra which plays the theater shows

We pass a smaller atrium forward near Celebrity Central

24311010699_41b494082e_b.jpg

and arrive at the Silhouette theater which spans decks 4 and 5. We enter on 5.

24560903422_259b7e623d_b.jpg

24311007749_02491a8c3e_b.jpg

We get seats at the end of an aisle in the first row of the balcony. At 15 minutes before the 7 pm curtain there was about 10% of the seats taken....

24585157861_32f06b2855_b.jpg

By showtime when Cruise Director Paul Baya- I'll put up a list and photos of the Officers at a later date-introduced Robbie there was maybe 50% attendance.

I don't remember him well but I recall he was funny which is always a good trait in a comedian.

When the show let out we stopped to buy our boarding photo (we always do) and they pitched us some pricey "package" that we declined.

We were moseying along to Murano for a much-anticipated fine dinner.

Norris

January 21 but of course that may change if we see another itinerary. We booked the same suite again-if it ain't broke..

Carol's mother was born in Jamaica and Carol hasn't been there since the 1960's so she might lean that way.

I have been to Ocho Rios 44 times, but I was so much older then-I'm younger than that now.

Norris

Ah, Bob Dylan.

Ah, Bob Dylan.

Thank you!! I was hoping someone would know that great line.

So you are doubly welcome and there's a complimentary Celebrity Pillow Mint on it's way to you! Check your mail!!

For those puzzled the line was "But I was so much older then-I'm younger than that now" in one of my responses.

Keep your eye out for more song lyrics and YOU TOO could win a prize!!!

Norris

I knew I should have commented on those song lyrics! I forgot there might be prizes involved. :p

Loved the sailaway photos! I even loved he sailaway video, so thanks for including it even though it was such a source of frustration to you. :D

PE Webcam did a great job of spotting you and Carol on your balcony during sailaway. :cool:

Bimmer09 - new fan here. I went back and read both of the Alaskan reviews as we are doing a north bound, Vancouver to Seward with 6 night post cruise tour ending in Fairbanks, on Constellation in May. :D

I was excited to see the Misty Fjords photos that you took on your flight with Michelle from Island Wings - we have her scheduled for the first flight of the day. I'm hoping we are lucky and get good weather like you did. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first float plane ride and only my second small plane. :o It certainly looks like you were in good hands.

Barb, thanks for joining me again. I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel the Regal but the Emerald is a fine tub although when I was on her in September some of the dining staff must have bumped their head in a doorway.

Where is your suite located? Please say AFT. (biggest balconies)

Norris

Yes! You gave great advice-we are in C751! We are looking forward to enjoying the space and the views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherriff Joe said

Hurry up please, I'm hungry, where is my Murano dinner???

Joe- it won't be served until Monday in the timeline. We're currently at 8.25 pm Sunday. We're 24 hours away. Nibble on some cheese. I will say I watched the video for the first time last night to make sure I had taken the lens cap off the camcorder and am happy to say I did- you are going to love the witty staff that did the table side prep...Walter and Roxanna. Good banter.

Ar1950 said

And covered nicely by the Byrds back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUGzwUTN80

Yes, quite so. I was an avid Bob Dylan fan in High School and saw him in 1966 with the first Electric band European Tour. In a movie theater in Belfast. I was front row balcony 25 to 30 ft away. Unforgettable THEN. In the last 10 years I have gone to see him twice and walked out early both times.The Emperor has no clothes and I don't think we should encourage him. Sad.I know- no one forced me at gunpoint to go hear him....but that's what it would take now. The songs from the 60's are untouchable though and I still listen to them at home.

Perfect Match

PE Webcam did a great job of spotting you and Carol on your balcony during sailaway.

Nancy -I tell them which cabin and describe where it is and what I'll be wearing.

They have caught us in close-ups in every cruise out of PE. They gave me permission to use that photo but wouldn't allow me to buy a video of it to use.

dairymilk17 said

Hi Norris

Really enjoying the review so far, looking forward to more

Hi and welcome. I believe you responded to my Emerald P review and I made a comment on your screen name as I am a big lover of Cadbury's chocolate.

There is no more....

Jane 2357 said

Bimmer09 - new fan here. I went back and read both of the Alaskan reviews as we are doing a north bound, Vancouver to Seward with 6 night post cruise tour ending in Fairbanks, on Constellation in May.

I was excited to see the Misty Fjords photos that you took on your flight with Michelle from Island Wings - we have her scheduled for the first flight of the day. I'm hoping we are lucky and get good weather like you did. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first float plane ride and only my second small plane. It certainly looks like you were in good hands.

Jane, if good flying weather you are in for a rare treat. Michelle flies every day and is a great pilot indeed. Nice cool person too. I had to photograph through a window but still got some good pics and I didn't have a great camera then-I had a good little Canon point and shoot. We did that trip with her on the Coral going Southbound. A year later the Diamond Princess Northbound where we stayed on the ground for our excursions.

New York Nanasaid

Yes! You gave great advice-we are in C751! We are looking forward to enjoying the space and the views.

Barb, great response!! Best balconies on the ship back there. No wind thanks to the vertical aft structure. Get an Ultimate Balcony Dinner and live happily ever after!!

Norris

I'm just loving this ship on the first night. We were on our way, on time, to Murano for a slap-up feed. Here's the gelato stand on our left where I had stopped to drool earlier in the day...

24020927933_d8050c5599_b.jpg

We passed through this great hallway....

24019594264_9c3c36eb9c_b.jpg

24647726745_0d3147458d_b.jpg

Stunning artwork and the sound of birds and a running river made it magical.

On entering Ensemble Lounge I suddenly came out in a cold sweat and felt in urgent need of a bathroom. I asked Carol to find a seat and wait. I found one in the lounge but it was small and the only stall was occupied. I was swooning by this time. I told Carol I had to go back to the cabin pronto and I did at warp speed. I made it just in time.

I was feeling like a wet dish rag by the time I got back to Carol in Ensemble and I asked her to step into Murano to tell them we wouldn't be dining. She did.

There was NO reservation for Adair. "But the Maitre 'd made it for us". Madam, I am the Maitre'd of Murano. Oops! The Luminae MD had dropped the ball and exaggerated his position too. Tsk tsk.

Carol was hungry while I was ready for a saline drip and a few weeks in the country to convalesce. A rich dinner was out of the question for me so we spotted Bistro on 5 and it was all but empty.

A waiter told us that there was a $10 fee to dine and we took our seats.

Norris

I'm just loving this ship on the first night. We were on our way, on time, to Murano for a slap-up feed. Here's the gelato stand on our left where I had stopped to drool earlier in the day...

24020927933_d8050c5599_b.jpg

We passed through this great hallway....

24019594264_9c3c36eb9c_b.jpg

24647726745_0d3147458d_b.jpg

Stunning artwork and the sound of birds and a running river made it magical.

On entering Ensemble Lounge I suddenly came out in a cold sweat and felt in urgent need of a bathroom. I asked Carol to find a seat and wait. I found one in the lounge but it was small and the only stall was occupied. I was swooning by this time. I told Carol I had to go back to the cabin pronto and I did at warp speed. I made it just in time.

I was feeling like a wet dish rag by the time I got back to Carol in Ensemble and I asked her to step into Murano to tell them we wouldn't be dining. She did.

There was NO reservation for Adair. "But the Maitre 'd made it for us". Madam, I am the Maitre'd of Murano. Oops! The Luminae MD had dropped the ball and exaggerated his position too. Tsk tsk.

Carol was hungry while I was ready for a saline drip and a few weeks in the country to convalesce. A rich dinner was out of the question for me so we spotted Bistro on 5 and it was all but empty.

A waiter told us that there was a $10 fee to dine and we took our seats.

Norris

I've had the exact same cruise experience, making a run for the border. Just never thought I'd read about it on CC!

Is Carol a North country girl?

24051873753_547a600c30_b.jpg

Carol's wearing a concerned expression as I am not feeling great. Must have been something I ate. Luminae burger? That was the only thing I ate that she didn't.

24560909402_b5d3240c05_b.jpg

I had to eat something. Something light. I started with a salted caramel milkshake.

24050530494_387ed4dd8e_b.jpg

OMG people! Each spoonful and straw sip brought my body back to life.

Carol had a "yummy" French onion soup

24050533604_878fd594d1_b.jpg

I ordered a bowl of cream of chicken soup-the best I've ever tasted! I asked the waiter to bring it to me "in a soft focus" (poor photo)

24652486016_b53dfba94d_b.jpg

Carol's "Nicoise Tartine" (open faced sandwich with tuna and egg)

24311023349_f4d3bcd4f2_b.jpg

More to follow...

Norris

I've had the exact same cruise experience, making a run for the border. Just never thought I'd read about it on CC!

Is Carol a North country girl?

No-she's from Bradenton SW Florida.

Norris

The chicken soup was heap good medicine and rescued my night. We watched a chef making crepes at the counter. Carol ordered one.

A Nutella and banana crepe with chocolate sauce came down from Heaven

24585176861_f3ecdd7e35_b.jpg

Great food and friendly service in a gorgeous room for $10 a head. Steal!

We left and wandered towards the aft exit to Promenade Deck

There was a great 4 piece English band called Front Row playing Hello by Adele down below on deck 3. The Amazing singer, Christina, did it justice!

24311026449_b8f39a2349_b.jpg

24560922462_1361492a77_b.jpg

We rounded off our evening with a visit to the comfy smoking section on Deck 5 Port. Fresh sea air chased away my blues,aided by a good night's sleep. There would be no further "issues" for the rest of the week. Phew!

24560923682_8513533949_b.jpg

Monday -a sea day coming up.

Norris

24051873753_547a600c30_b.jpg

Carol's wearing a concerned expression as I am not feeling great. Must have been something I ate. Luminae burger? That was the only thing I ate that she didn't.

24560909402_b5d3240c05_b.jpg

I had to eat something. Something light. I started with a salted caramel milkshake.

24050530494_387ed4dd8e_b.jpg

OMG people! Each spoonful and straw sip brought my body back to life.

Carol had a "yummy" French onion soup

24050533604_878fd594d1_b.jpg

I ordered a bowl of cream of chicken soup-the best I've ever tasted! I asked the waiter to bring it to me "in a soft focus" (poor photo)

24652486016_b53dfba94d_b.jpg

Carol's "Nicoise Tartine" (open faced sandwich with tuna and egg)

24311023349_f4d3bcd4f2_b.jpg

More to follow...

Norris

Norris,

As usual..............stunning pictures