Low member roll call blues

chrissyprincess

fb killed cc roll calls. period. so sad. I don't do fb, met most of my BF's on CC roll calls. so I'm not sure what the attraction is, except for CC I have no access to social media at work, and when I get home, I don't want to be on the computer except to chat with anything but. so sometimes I am the only one on a cc roll call. sad, but I still have a great cruise!

A couple of cruises ago, I decided to check out the Princess page and saw they had roll calls. But they weren't "closed." So anyone could see who was going -- which didn't seem like a secure thing when it comes to being away from home. I didn't join and sent a message to Princess suggesting it wasn't too safe having this info available. They stopped having roll calls at some point (unless they brought them back) so maybe they listened to me and any one else saying the same thing.

Since we don't join in on others' private excursions and I really don't find it necessary to meet the "crew" as it seems many do, it's now not a must do for me to join a roll call.

A couple of cruises ago' date=' I decided to check out the Princess page and saw they had roll calls. But they weren't "closed." So anyone could see who was going -- which didn't seem like a secure thing when it comes to being away from home. I didn't join and sent a message to Princess suggesting it wasn't too safe having this info available. They stopped having roll calls at some point (unless they brought them back) so maybe they listened to me and any one else saying the same thing.

Since we don't join in on others' private excursions and I really don't find it necessary to meet the "crew" as it seems many do, it's now not a must do for me to join a roll call.[/quote']

I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean? How would people know that you were away? Do people post their addresses on roll calls? I thought that it was weird posting last names and cities. People certainly don't need to post that information though. I never posted our last name.

A couple of cruises ago' date=' I decided to check out the Princess page and saw they had roll calls. But they weren't "closed." So anyone could see who was going -- which didn't seem like a secure thing when it comes to being away from home. I didn't join and sent a message to Princess suggesting it wasn't too safe having this info available. They stopped having roll calls at some point (unless they brought them back) so maybe they listened to me and any one else saying the same thing.

Since we don't join in on others' private excursions and I really don't find it necessary to meet the "crew" as it seems many do, it's now not a must do for me to join a roll call.[/quote']

Princess roll calls are alive and well.

If they did stop having them it must have been for a very short period of time because there are roll calls listed as far back as 2006 with every year listed to the present. Was your "couple of cruises ago" before 2006?

Everyone can decide for themselves what and how much information they want to post on a roll call.;)

Edited by iheartbda

And, on my last 6 cruises I would bring the topic of Cruise Critic up at dinner.

I have yet to find a fellow passenger who had heard about CC. Most were interested when I explained the wealth of information that can be found here.

I am sure that this also is an impact the low membership on roll calls.

Bob