Breeze goal - no lines or buffets- can I do it

iggycc

So the one thing I don't like about cruising is feeling like herded cattle so this cruise I am making it a goal to stay out of lines and away from buffets. I will report back on how I manage this after my upcoming cruise.

Plan on getting to the terminal later than earlier

Staying away from the Lido Buffet

Plan on disembarking at ports after the morning rush

Any other suggestions?

So the one thing I don't like about cruising is feeling like herded cattle so this cruise I am making it a goal to stay out of lines and away from buffets. I will report back on how I manage this after my upcoming cruise.

Plan on getting to the terminal later than earlier

Staying away from the Lido Buffet

Plan on disembarking at ports after the morning rush

Any other suggestions?

Staying in your room until dark might work also......;)

I guess it will also depend on what you view as "a line". I don't know if you can ever embark without being in some sort of short line unless you run up at the last minute:eek:

I normally avoid lines whenever possible. The buffets are often near empty if you don't go during a rush period.

Same with disembarking at ports. Unless I have an early tour I wait out the initial glut while hanging out on the Lido or balcony if I have one.

Good Luck,

Charlie

Leave for the MDR about 5 minutes late the first day. People line up waiting for the doors to open, then need to be directed to their table. After the first day most people know where their table is and don't line up at the desk. Don't be too late or you will make your table mates wait on you to get served.

Tender ports--- either be first in line, wait 3 hours or take a ship's tour.

When returning to the ship, arrive 2-3 hours before all aboard.

Edited by SadieN

Good suggestions. We have anytime dining. I like eating with a variety of people.

My idea of a line is one that is so long that it never seems to move. I have always been the person who has to get there early and get on the boat. By the time you get through that line everyone is starving and trying to figure out the buffet lines.

Then I read about people who get on a little later and cruise on through the lines.

So this cruise I am taking the less hurried approach.

Good suggestions. We have anytime dining. I like eating with a variety of people.

My idea of a line is one that is so long that it never seems to move. I have always been the person who has to get there early and get on the boat. By the time you get through that line everyone is starving and trying to figure out the buffet lines.

Then I read about people who get on a little later and cruise on through the lines.

So this cruise I am taking the less hurried approach.

I believe that a lot of people enjoy lines on cruise ships. Seems like there is always a line for the MDR even for fixed dining. Not sure why, you already have your table, but people love to stand in line. Prior to shows, people line up... On one cruise I was walking by where they were doing the art auction and I heard someone say, hey there is a line to get in here, it must be something good, lets line up..

I believe that a lot of people enjoy lines on cruise ships. Seems like there is always a line for the MDR even for fixed dining. Not sure why, you already have your table, but people love to stand in line. Prior to shows, people line up... On one cruise I was walking by where they were doing the art auction and I heard someone say, hey there is a line to get in here, it must be something good, lets line up..

If you are more than one couple and want a seat that's not side stage (or any seat at all for some shows) then the pre-show queue is often mandatory:eek:

Charlie

Breakfast: do the dining room thing. Or, up in the buffet area, look for the "Express Breakfast" station that just has boxed cereals and boxed milks. Grab. And go.

:D

Guest Services: go in the middle of the night. There's never a line.

:D

Totally agree with the comments regarding lines for fixed-seating dinner in the MDR. I don't understand that. We usually plan to get there 5-10 minutes late to avoid the congestion and lines around the entrance.

Seems like there is always a line for the MDR even for fixed dining. Not sure why, you already have your table, but people love to stand in line.

I was born with a strong, internal drive to be punctual. (My wife was not!) We always do late-seating, and with few exceptions, the doors to the dining room open late for the late-seating. This leaves me and my desire to be punctual standing in line...I didn't show up early, but the doors opened late.

Breakfast and/or Lunch by room service?

Also not sure about your ship but on the Sunshine last week the line at Guy's Burgers moved very fast at lunch time but by the time the rush was past the line was almost nonexistent. Same with the lines at lunch at JiJi's and the Italian place.

Lido at lunch time will be crowded (at least on sea days). To the degree you can go early or late, it will mitigate some of the lines. In regards to the MDR, 5 minutes before the doors open it will be crowded (the late seating comments are true as well). That said, 2 minutes after the doors are opened, you can walk right in.

Is Guest Services staffed/open 24 hours a day?

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Yes. Ask Mom about her trip to GS at 3am bc of a plumbing issue and no one would answer the phone.

That is probably true. I know there are some lines but I am wanting to avoid the longer lines.

The worse ones are embarkation and buffet on sail day and port mornings.

Just came back from Valor last week.

We had no lines (had FTTF) but walked thru check-in, walked on ship, walked thru sail day lunch, walked off ship at every port (we were some of 1st off at every stop), and walked off ship on debarkation day as soon as ship cleared. We were never in a crush of a crowd and when there were a few people moving with us, we never had to stop and wait. Not ever.

The only wait we had all week was 1st Elegant night for Any Time Dining.

Of course, it depends on what your definition of a line is.