Which ship Star or Spirit

detroitlions

Have been on both. The Star just a couple of weeks ago. It depends on what type of cabin you are considering. We always book aft penthouse suites and that category is not really available on the Spirit. The Star is a bigger ship, and is looking great after the refurb., but the Spirit is in my opinion, one of the most beautiful ships in the fleet. Great common areas, designed for the oriental market, it has an exotic feel to it.

We've been on both twice and the Spirit most recently in December. I'd say the Spirit as it has the unique decor.

My thoughts too is it could depend on room type though. The Spirit does have aft suites on 9 but we found the first 1.5 days out and the last 1.5 days really to have a lot of vibration and shimmy. Their are other suites forward though that are also very nice.

I am probably just booking a balcony. I heard good and bad about both ships. I did hear that the star was just upgraded. Does this make much of a difference?

I just got off the Star and she looks great. But as I said earlier the Spirit is a beautiful ship. Check out the pics on the NCL site.

Have been on both. The Star just a couple of weeks ago. It depends on what type of cabin you are considering. We always book aft penthouse suites and that category is not really available on the Spirit. The Star is a bigger ship, and is looking great after the refurb., but the Spirit is in my opinion, one of the most beautiful ships in the fleet. Great common areas, designed for the oriental market, it has an exotic feel to it.

The Spirit has 5 aft cabins, two of them Owners Suites and the other three are also suites. We were in 9212, the middle suite and loved it. Enjoyed having the seperate bedroom and living room. The Spirit is a great ship.

Hi Doug!! Great meeting you. Tell your family hi from us Nebraskans!!

We love the Spirit. We had an aft suite and it was very nice. Best concierge we have ever had, and it is a beautiful ship.

We have cruised twice on the Star. It is ok. We had two really good itin cruises on the Star. One balcony cabin for Panama Canal, one forward suite for Baltic Capitals. The personnel overall were not as good as on Spirit.

One of the reasons we are leaving NCL after our next cruise is the way it handled cancellation of our Star TA cruise. We were very excited. When it was ham handedly cancelled we booked a TA on HAL's Eurodam for this fall and are glad we did.