Pack and Play for baby in an Oceanview?

BaileyandBella

Hi all....

I have searched and found several different answers. Our son and DIL are cruising with their 18 month old on the Ruby. I know it's going to be a tight fit.

I have read where people said they put the pack and play in the closet? I think that would be great because my son and DIL could still watch TV without waking the baby.

Any input is appreciated...thanks!

We had a crib on the Star for 7 night in an Inside room. It was provided by Princess, (one less thing for us to pack). The crib is a little elevated and narrower than your typical pack'n play.

It fits in the space between the foot of the bed and the counter, however the baby could see himself in the mirror so we had to hang towels/blankets. I was going to try the closet, but then if you baby can stand they will be able to grab your clothes and possibly pull themselves out, so just be sure you push all the clothes far out of grasp. The other thing is the bathroom door, (while it opens inward, the light is turned on from the outside, so it is impossible to use it without having the light shine on the baby for a minute. Depending on how lightly your child sleep, might not be a problem. It will be a tight squeeze but it does work either there or where we had it.

Good luck!!! :-) I have to be honest....I didn't get a lot of sleep those 7 days, but then again, I'd rather not get much sleep on a cruise, then not get much sleep at home...either way....cruise is better! :-) :o

We've done it 5 times and it works like a champ. We also bring a blackout drape (Target special) and a spring loaded rod which we hang at the hallway opening. This allows TV or lights on during nap/sleep times. The bathroom light need not be a concern. Either use it for a nightlight or alternatively take a flashlight into the bathroom when necessary.

Enjoy!!

msk1

We've done it 5 times and it works like a champ. We also bring a blackout drape (Target special) and a spring loaded rod which we hang at the hallway opening. This allows TV or lights on during nap/sleep times. The bathroom light need not be a concern. Either use it for a nightlight or alternatively take a flashlight into the bathroom when necessary.

Enjoy!!

msk1

Thanks! Do you have a picture of your set up? Did you bring a small tension rod, like 36" wide or so?

You had to move the curtain out of the way to access the restroom, is this correct?