Back from Island Princess to Canal 1/14-1/24

johnandlinda

We definitely prefer the smaller ships! I cannot remember the class of ship similar in size on Carnival, but those were our favorite on that line too...Miracle is one of them. The highlight of course was the Canal...we did not do a tour. We were on Deck 7 as we went thru in the morning and in the afternoon we were on Deck 14 right past Lotus pool. Since we had a cargo ship going thru with us in parallel on the return was really able to get great views of the locks and how they work. The biggest negative we had was early dining time of 515 is too early and although the menu changed every night, we thought the food was ok to good, not great. But I can say that about all our recent travels...food quality is not as good. Food portions were not an issue, but we want quality, not quantity. We wanted to do Crab Shack but when we called we couldnt get a reservation before 830 or 900. We were on deck 10, C335, happy with everything there, huge balcony but we hardly used it. Loved the Lotus Pool!

How was the bed? I guess it was a normal bed for a cruise

We slept fine

The balcony is half covered, half not...no privacy from above

We had a lot of wind, so spent lil time out there

Plenty of storage and closet space

No problems with hot water or pressure

Very convenient location to elevators

Easy room to find as its right under an eergency exit sign in the hallway

LOL - I asked about the bed because I have been reading some real horror stories about beds on some of the ships (Island being one) and was hoping we would have a decent one. Sorry I didn't explain when I asked.

The shows on this cruise were pretty good....early show was 800 pm but if you were not seated by 730 seats were difficult to find

AIBP worked perfect for me...Linda didnt have. Loved being able to order just about anything and never sign, eexcept did sign in MDR. Could ask for specific brands, bartenders even offerred doubles sometimes...definitely worth it overall

I too was on the 1/14 cruise. I enjoyed it very much with really nothing to complain about. We has 5:15 seating and arrived a bit late. By time main course was served it was past 6:00. Some days we did eat later due to a long day at shore. Getting immediate seating didn't seem an issue. I did see lines but maybe some guests just like making life difficult. Bed is huge when the two are together. I was comfortable. Food was to me well above average with plenty of options to make anyone happy. Steaks were not the best but fish and poultry were decent

• 2 weeks later...