celebration/nassau short day suggestions

plane2port

We will be going on the Celebration 5-day Bahamas cruise on Nov. 19. I am traveling with DH and our two teenagers. The ship gets into Nassau at 1:00 pm. At first I was considering renting a room at Comfort Suites and spending the day at Atlantis, but then I realized that we may not have enough time! I suspect we won't really be able to get off the ship until about 2:00, and sunset is around 6:00. Doesn't this sound like we won't have enough time to enjoy the water park? I have already seen the historic sights in Nassau, visited Ardastra Gardens, and spent the day at Cable beach. I notice that all the afternoon snorkel trips leave about 1:00, so I probably will miss those. Any suggestions about what we can do at Atlantis or elsewhere?

Just returned from the same trip.

Although it states you will arrive in Nassau at 1:00, we were there by 12:00. (From what I've heard this happens frequently.)

We did the catamaran snorkel which left at 2:00 and was back by 4:30. We then just walked around for a bit then took a cab over to Atlantis.

If Atlantis is all you are interested in seeing you should be fine. I highly recommend you take a cab over opposed to the water taxi. The water taxi will not leave until it is full and drops you off with a ten minute walk to Atlantis. And it stops running at 6:00.

So if you are off the ship as soon as you can and hop a cab over, you should have plenty of time at Allantis.

Please feel free to ask any other questions about this cruise. We had a great time. The Celebration has the friendliest crew I've seen!!

Archived