Independence of the Seas Time change

UFLaw

Does anyone know if the IOS changes time to local or maintains ship (Miami) time the entire trip?

We are going on the March 26 cruise and we need to know about Belize. It shows we arrive at 9 am, however, is that local or Miami?

Any input would be great.

Thank you!

I think they follow Miami's time.

As you see here, though, we are offering conflicting information. Always check with the ship during your vacation itself. Their time is the only one that matters during it.

Whether the time changes on RCI is up to the Captain and varies ship to ship and Captain to Captain. You need to get back to the ship (actually in Belize, to the tender dock) not later than the hour given and on SHIP time.

If you are booking a private tour that is catering to ship passengers, those guides know what the local situation on a given day better than anyone here on CC can tell you. Local guides stay in business by getting you back on time (but I have been known to stay aware of the time, just to make sure:rolleyes:)

Thom

• 3 weeks later...

My concern was on the booking of an excursion.

They show 9-6 we will be in Belize, however, if the time doesn't change to local it would be 7 am to 4 pm. Which really would be crazy. So I am going to assume they switch to Belize time (2 hours earlier). Which is great on the way there get a bonus two hours sleep! :)