Any recommended cabins for Oasis of the Seas?

I am ready to book (need to transfer current booking) Oasis of the Seas and need two cabins - one balcony, one inside - does anyone have any recommendations of what area to look for/request? This is our first time cruising this class so I am totally clueless. We have just earned Diamond status if that makes any difference.

Libby

I have never sailed Oasis (only held a booking on it for 2 weeks before ultimately transferring it), but I was told that this ship is mostly balcony cabins--so always check to see if it's a better deal than an interior or oceanview.

IMO, I had a promenade stateroom on Independence, which is an interior room which overlooks the Royal Promenade. My room was on the absolute top level and far away from the crowds, but I found that I kept my curtains closed often. The rooms directly across from us could easily see inside--and the constant crowds below took away the privacy feel. I would think, personally, that I might almost never step foot on a Central Park balcony (or similar), except for parades.

If you want privacy, I would go with an oceanview cabin versus anything else.

That's my two cents.

Happy cruising!

I am ready to book (need to transfer current booking) Oasis of the Seas and need two cabins - one balcony, one inside - does anyone have any recommendations of what area to look for/request? This is our first time cruising this class so I am totally clueless. We have just earned Diamond status if that makes any difference.

Libby

We like deck 8 for it's proximity to Central Park. If you look near the elevator lobby areas, there are some balconies across from insides.

Look at the deck plans and decide what your interest will be and get a cabin close to that. Pool/sports deck higher deck. Have younger children along, the deck with AO. Want to see aqua theatre shows from your balcony, Boardwalk balcony, etc.

On Allure we did deck 8. We loved the close proximity to everything and when going from one end of the ship to the other we walked through beautiful Central Park instead of the boring hallways!

When we sail on that class ship again we will book deck 8 again.

• 4 weeks later...

We were happy with promenade-view interior room (7601). It's aft of midship and very convenient to Central Park (one deck up) & the Promenade (two decks down). As well as entertainment areas which are mostly aft as well as the kids club area & Solarium.

I don't know if they changed something or it's this room specifically but the promenade roof is angled such that you can't see the room across the way as some people have stated was an irritant for them with the PR rooms.

So my recommendation is a PR room plus a balcony across the hall. In any case, midship is best in my opinion.

Edited by mdchachi
  • Like 1

Libby

I always stay on deck 12 as we spend a lot of time on the pool deck and we don't mind hitting the stairs quite a bit. The only bad place on deck 12 is up front near the front of the ship. Once a cruise there is a party in the solarium that runs till well in the morniing.

Libby

I am sailing on March 17th on deck 8 with Oceanview balcony and a large interior for my twins directly across. You can email me for my cabin #s if you like. I can let you know once we return how they were, but I know I will love them. I had the same set up last year but on deck 10 which was nice too. Deck 8 is closer proximity to things. My email is lmazzorato@gmail.com