Drink packages with Carnival

BuckeyeMan

New to Carnival and look to be cruising in March on the Victory. I really want the Cheers package I believe it is called. $50 or so a day. It was explained to me on the phone that if one in the cabin gets that package all over 21 have to get the same package. My wife will not drink anything alcoholic and just want a soda package. Kicker is we are going with another couple who is in the same situation. One wants cheers and other just wants soda. Any chance we could switch with them and then purchase 2 soda package and 2 cheers package. Just hate having to pay the $$$ if all she wants is soda.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would put on paper the two people in one cabin that want the package and the non drinkers in another. Your SS cards will have your individual credit cards attached. When you get on board go to guest services and ask for an extra key for each room. Just sleep in the cabin with your wife.

Have fun!

I don't see a problem as long as you book that way. 2 who drink in one cabin and 2 who don't in another.

I will throw this in though, I booked this way for a different reason with another couple. The other couple backed out after final payment and I was stuck with 2 cabins. I would definitely purchase insurance if you do this with cancellation options.

Here is the other catch, CCL caps you on how many drinks you can have per day. I believe it's at 11 drinks and your done. Be sure it fits with your lifestyle. Also, you have a cost limit as well, as far as how expensive of a drink you can have. Further more, be sure to read all the fine print as the package doesn't cover everything you may want to drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here is the other catch, CCL caps you on how many drinks you can have per day. I believe it's at 11 drinks and your done. Be sure it fits with your lifestyle. Also, you have a cost limit as well, as far as how expensive of a drink you can have. Further more, be sure to read all the fine print as the package doesn't cover everything you may want to drink.

Its 15 drinks maximum per person, per day

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

It's 15 drinks in 24 hours and resets each morning at 6 am :)

$10 is the maximum price drink, most drinks are under $10, we drank Bellvedier Matinis which were $9.95. we did the Cheers program and it worked our great. Even for beer a drinker, beers were $5.50- $6.50, so 10 beers and you are ahead of the game.

$10 is the maximum price drink, most drinks are under $10, we drank Bellvedier Matinis which were $9.95. we did the Cheers program and it worked our great. Even for beer a drinker, beers were $5.50- $6.50, so 10 beers and you are ahead of the game.

what is this?

You better check again, CCL is very specific that all guests over 21 must purchase. I never heard of exchanging a bubbles for a cheers package.

They are not exchanging packages. They are booking the two people who want the cheers package in one cabin and the two people who want the bubbles in another. When they get on board they will switch cabins.

Original Poster - when adding up the total cost keep in mind they add an auto gratuity to the package, your real cost is $57.50 per day. Which gets you 15 drinks a day and unlimited sodas, the alcoholic drinks must be under $10 each but in 2 cruises with Carnival I've yet to order something that was over $10. I drink cocktails, beers, and wine; it was just the expensive wines that were over $10.

As some other members mentioned, if you haven't booked already book the 2 people doing cheers in the same cabin, presumedly the 2 husbands, and the 2 wives in the other. That way all 4 of you don't have to pay for Cheers since the 2 people doing it are "technically" in the same cabin. Visit guest services on embark day and ask for an additional key for each room so the 2 couples can stay together.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand this? Why does everyone in a cabin have to get the drink package? I'm going on a bachelorette cruise but I don't drink much so I was just going to order a glass her and there. But I'm sure my roommate will want the drink package. I don't understand this at all. It doesn't make sense.

I don't understand this? Why does everyone in a cabin have to get the drink package? I'm going on a bachelorette cruise but I don't drink much so I was just going to order a glass her and there. But I'm sure my roommate will want the drink package. I don't understand this at all. It doesn't make sense.

because people would buy 1 package and share it amongst the room. It is done routinely on other lines that don't do it this way

I'm not sure how. Each person has their own card that shows what they have... Right? I cruise RCCL normally and this isn't an issue. In fact my roommate and I had different packages. I'm just freaking out because my cruise just went up $200+

I'm not sure how. Each person has their own card that shows what they have... Right? I cruise RCCL normally and this isn't an issue. In fact my roommate and I had different packages. I'm just freaking out because my cruise just went up $200+

On RCCL if you take your roommates card to the bar to buy a drink they don't care if its your card. We did this a lot.. I had the soda card she had the drink card.

I could order a drink and give it to someone else...5 minutes later I can get another drink for myself. Do that all day long as long as you don't exceed 15 drinks.