Questions from Carnival Cruiser going on First Royal Caribbean Cruise

pcrum

That stateroom as one sofa bed and one pullman bed. Technically, the sofa bed holds two people, but I would not want to put two adults in that bed. It would be pretty tight.

We too are platinum on CCL. I will tell you that the cabins on RCCL are smaller. We went on the Enchantment in 14 and booked an OV. We laughed when we walked in the room because the sofa was IMO a large chair! We could both sit on it, hip to hip but that it was much smaller than CCL.

I have been wondering if we made a wrong decision to go Plat with CCL. They do have the best benefits though. We are going to do the Allure in June and maybe then we will be able to make the decision to switch. I know entertainment is better on RCCL but not sure if it is worth how much more it costs to go on RCCL.

The more research I did on RCI for my DD, the better it seemed than Carnival. I like all of the varieties of drink packages on RCI and the fact that not everyone in the cabin needs to purchase them. It's also very nice that the drink packages work on the private islands.

The lounge for past guests (Diamond Lounge?) also sounds very nice.

I do know that when I have priced cruises for our family of 4 on RCI and on CCL, that CCL always beat the price (keep in mind we were traveling during school holidays), so that's what kept us loyal to CCL. When the kids are out of college and we are not tied to a school holiday schedule, I'd like to branch out to RCI.

Thanks for your input!

I'm not sure of the size when it folds out, but it may be smaller than a double. All I know is that I would find it difficult to sleep in that bed with anyone else.

Thank you. They are petite girls, so I guess they will make do. I think back to my college days and our travel certainly was not all first class!!

Thanks again!

Oh to be young again. I am sure the "friends" will have a great cruise and laugh about the very small room and five girls sharing.

Yes, I think they will have fun regardless of the sleeping arrangements!

The aft balcony is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the photos do look gorgeous. Do aft balcony cabins sleep 5?

Thanks again to everyone for their input! It is much appreciated!

Yes, I think they will have fun regardless of the sleeping arrangements!

Yes, the photos do look gorgeous. Do aft balcony cabins sleep 5?

Thanks again to everyone for their input! It is much appreciated!

They do not. To get a single room that sleeps five you'd either have to lose the balcony and drop down to an interior or move up to a Royal Family Suite. If a Royal Family Suite's available that might even be a better option since it has two bathrooms as well and two of them (8166 and 8666) are aft-facing to boot!

Edited by garnetpalmetto

It's probably too late now, but 2 connecting cabins where one cabin sleeps 3 might have worked better -- double the storage and 2 bathrooms.

With 5 in the cabin, they will want to know where the nearest public bathroom is.

I'm sure they will want one of those shoe storage racks that fit over the bathroom door for extra storage.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Thank you. They are petite girls, so I guess they will make do. I think back to my college days and our travel certainly was not all first class!!

Thanks again!

I've never been petite, and in college I used frequently sleep top to tail in a single (1 person) bed with a female friend. As long as they don't fight over the duvet it will be part of the adventure :)

Our record was once getting 14 of us, male and female, into a single bed for a night. If anyone remembers the old John Denver song "we didn't get much sleep, but we had a lot of fun!"

Sounds like a blast- my spring break cruise is still one of my fondest memories. I'm just jealous that kids these days have drink package options. We tried to bring alcohol in shampoo bottles- yuck!! The best was the "pregnant" friend who taped the wine back from a box of wine to her torso to get the alcohol on. Our room steward actually commended us for that for its originality. All that said- I'm jealous!

Make sure they do the safe thing of always going with at least one other person. Don't give out state room numbers- because there isn't enough room for another anyway! And check in with mom every once in a while vIA the internet!

It's probably too late now, but 2 connecting cabins where one cabin sleeps 3 might have worked better -- double the storage and 2 bathrooms.

With 5 in the cabin, they will want to know where the nearest public bathroom is.

I'm sure they will want one of those shoe storage racks that fit over the bathroom door for extra storage.

My thoughts exactly on the two rooms. Unfortunately the cruise was booked and paid for in full (with her money) without consulting mom!! I've told her about using the gym to shower; I will add they should also look up the restrooms nearby!!

When it's only my DH and I traveling, I bring the over the door shoe holder, so that will be a must for her!

Thanks for the tips!

I've never been petite, and in college I used frequently sleep top to tail in a single (1 person) bed with a female friend. As long as they don't fight over the duvet it will be part of the adventure :)

Our record was once getting 14 of us, male and female, into a single bed for a night. If anyone remembers the old John Denver song "we didn't get much sleep, but we had a lot of fun!"

I'm sure they will have fun and make many memories!

Sounds like a blast- my spring break cruise is still one of my fondest memories. I'm just jealous that kids these days have drink package options. We tried to bring alcohol in shampoo bottles- yuck!! The best was the "pregnant" friend who taped the wine back from a box of wine to her torso to get the alcohol on. Our room steward actually commended us for that for its originality. All that said- I'm jealous!

Make sure they do the safe thing of always going with at least one other person. Don't give out state room numbers- because there isn't enough room for another anyway! And check in with mom every once in a while vIA the internet!

Kudos to the innovative young lady who got the box of wine on! Yes, the more I researched after she booked the cruise, the more impressed I was with the drink packages on RCI. They seem like a good option, especially since they are good on Cocoa Cay, unlike Carnival, where the drink package is not honored on the private island.

Yes, we have already had the "safety" discussion of never being alone and of buying an internet package to check in!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Just to be on the safe side I would double check the booking to make sure all five of them are listed. Only time we tried to put five in a cabin we were told it had to be a family suite, not a standard balcony cabin, and this was with two adults and three kids.

I am sure they will have a lot of fun and manage, but it is going to be incredibly tight. Also would hate to get to the check in time and find there was an error on the reservation.

If it's a 4-night cruise, they could ask to have the linens changed after the 2nd night and swap the sofa bed sleepers for the singles. Then everyone gets an equal chance of a good night's sleep. The lucky young lady who gets the Pullman gets to stay put. Tell them to have a wonderful time.