Questions from Carnival Cruiser going on First Royal Caribbean Cruise

pcrum

Hello:

My DD is going on her first Royal Caribbean cruise for spring break on the Enchantment of the Seas. As you can see from my signature, we have cruised mostly on Carnival. As my DD is a busy college senior and I am laid up with a broken ankle, I am helping her with cruise research and just have a couple of questions:

--She is sharing a superior ocean view with balcony cabin (D1, Deck 7) on EOS with 4 others. There will be 5 in the cabin, so I'm wondering if showering in the spa is a possibility, as it is on Carnival. I've read the cabin showers are very small and the curtain seem to get in the way. It seems attaching clothes pins to the bottom of the curtain to weigh it down is needed. Are the spa showers larger and are they accessible to all without an extra fee?

--Her party has My Time Dining. Is it possible to make reservations to avoid waiting in line?

Thanks to all who have provided reviews on EOS....we have read a lot of the reviews and enjoyed all the photos! The more I read about Royal Caribbean, the more I wish we had gone platinum on this line instead of Carnival!

And for those of you who might be shaking your heads at the thought of college spring breakers on a cruise, let me assure you these are all responsible, young adults in the Honors College. They are just looking for a few days of sun and relaxation!

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Also with regards to the showers, somebody who's been on Enchantment correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that the showers in staterooms that were added during her lengthening have the tube-style doors rather than curtains. Depending on which stateroom she's in, she may have that to look forward to rather than the infamous TSA shower curtain.

With that many girls in one room, I highly recommend the over-the-door shoe organizer for the outside of the bathroom door.

Works wonderfully for stashing all kinds of lotion, sunscreen, makeup, hairbrushes/combs, barrettes, ponytail holders, jewelry, sunglasses, etc.

Magnetic hooks are great for hanging up swimsuits, etc., too.

Also with regards to the showers, somebody who's been on Enchantment correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that the showers in staterooms that were added during her lengthening have the tube-style doors rather than curtains. Depending on which stateroom she's in, she may have that to look forward to rather than the infamous TSA shower curtain.

Thank you. I do think she is in one of the newer cabins with the shower doors.

Thanks again!

No charge for the Fitness Center or showers. There is a charge for spa treatments or certain "classes" in the Fitness Center.[/quote)]

Thank you!

With that many girls in one room, I highly recommend the over-the-door shoe organizer for the outside of the bathroom door.

Works wonderfully for stashing all kinds of lotion, sunscreen, makeup, hairbrushes/combs, barrettes, ponytail holders, jewelry, sunglasses, etc.

Magnetic hooks are great for hanging up swimsuits, etc., too.

Thank you so much. I've got an over the door shoe organizer we have used for many cruises, but I had not thought of the magnetic hooks. That's a great idea!

I assume the bed confirguration would be 2 twins, the couch made into a bed, and 2 beds coming down from the ceiling?

Thanks again!!:)

No charge for the Fitness Center or showers. There is a charge for spa treatments or certain "classes" in the Fitness Center.[/quote)]

Thank you!

Thank you so much. I've got an over the door shoe organizer we have used for many cruises, but I had not thought of the magnetic hooks. That's a great idea!

I assume the bed confirguration would be 2 twins, the couch made into a bed, and 2 beds coming down from the ceiling?

Thanks again!!:)

Based on the deck plans, none of the D1s on Deck 7 have a 2nd pullman.

Based on the deck plans, none of the D1s on Deck 7 have a 2nd pullman.

I can't picture how they booked 5 in a room, but they booked directly through RCI. Do they bring in a rollaway bed?

Also, I have looked at the deck plans, but how do you determine if there is a pullman in the cabin?

Thanks.

7076. I can't figure out how they have booked 5 in the room, but they booked directly with RCI.

Thanks.

That stateroom as one sofa bed and one pullman bed. Technically, the sofa bed holds two people, but I would not want to put two adults in that bed. It would be pretty tight.

That stateroom as one sofa bed and one pullman bed. Technically, the sofa bed holds two people, but I would not want to put two adults in that bed. It would be pretty tight.

Oh dear! Well, they are tiny girls! It's a college trip, I guess they'll make the best of it!!:)

I'm surprised they allowed 5 to book a cabin for 4....there needs to be a bed for each occupant...

The sofa bed and pullman make it (technically) capable of 5 guests.

Edited by clarea

That's sort of what I was thinking too, Bob. Sure it'll technically sleep five, but I think it'd be an awfully tight/cramped fit.

We too are platinum on CCL. I will tell you that the cabins on RCCL are smaller. We went on the Enchantment in 14 and booked an OV. We laughed when we walked in the room because the sofa was IMO a large chair! We could both sit on it, hip to hip but that it was much smaller than CCL.

I have been wondering if we made a wrong decision to go Plat with CCL. They do have the best benefits though. We are going to do the Allure in June and maybe then we will be able to make the decision to switch. I know entertainment is better on RCCL but not sure if it is worth how much more it costs to go on RCCL.

Does the sofa bed fold out to make a double bed? I know on Carnival, they just make up the sofa as a twin bed; there is no way it would fit two!!

Thanks again for all of your input!!

Does the sofa bed fold out to make a double bed? I know on Carnival, they just make up the sofa as a twin bed; there is no way it would fit two!!

Thanks again for all of your input!!

I'm not sure of the size when it folds out, but it may be smaller than a double. All I know is that I would find it difficult to sleep in that bed with anyone else.

Edited by clarea