Carnival Promotions

jesskuhmarie

Hi all,

I am new to sailing carnival and was curious what their promotions are typically like. I am looking at booking a May 7th cruise on the Carnival Glory. I found a room that I want to book and put a 24 hour courtesy hold on it today.

I started reading about promotions though and was wondering if I'm getting a crappy deal with the current promotion for a $99 deposit. I could really care less what deposit I have to pay as the full amount is due in less than a month anyways. I know a week or so ago there was a deal with a $50 OBC. My only other cruise experience, last year with Norwegian, I got a the drink package as a promotion which was amazing.

I feel like booking now I'm basically getting no promotion. Is it worth the risk to wait it our for a better promotion and risk the price increasing? Or are the promotions usually worth no more than a $50 on board credit (which is still better than this stupid deposit thing, but not worth waiting it out for).

The current rate is an Early Saver promotion so if the price decreases or and add-on becomes available you can get the lower price. If the price goes down for the same cabin, you fill out and send in the price protection form. If the price drops before you pay your final payment then your final payment is lower. If after, then the difference will be added as a credit to your on-board account. I haven't seen the prices go down much lately.

You should be good with going ahead and booking. If you have trouble checking the prices or filling out the form just do a search on CC. There are a number of threads answering most typical questions.

Edited by Miller_KC

Carnival rarely had meaning full promotions. Your best bet if to book early saver and keep and eye out, but be very sure you understand the rules of early saver. They are rock hard strict with them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They have promotions every few days and they are really nothing because if they give you a $50 OBC they raise the prices.

Not necessarily. I was watching a low fare on a 4-day cruise out of LA. Then they offered a promotion of $50 OBC, but the price of the cruise remained the same. I booked it.

Thanks for the info y'all! I'm now in a bit of a different situation. After talking to the PVP, I found out we were eligible for a discount due to my husband working at UPS.

We were looking at $1,567 with Price Protection for a deck 1 oceanview room. With the discount, we can get the same room for $1,367 which I'm probably going to go with (but doesn't include the price protection). We put down a deposit on it but with the special rate its fully refundable until I pay the balance if next month. I assume the chances of the price going below $1,367 or a promotion with something worth more than $200 would be unlikely. Anyone think there's any possibility of that?

Do they ever do the CHEERS program as a promotion? I absolutely loved that when we cruised Norwegian (we got it as a promotion) but don't think it's worth the cost to pay for outright.