Kongisdam and will my DW and I like it?

NOSaints1

I'm in my 40s but I still think I'm in my 30s :) There's a lot about this ship that appeals to me...blends and the culinary centre are two of them. I wasn't that impressed by my first HAL cruise but new ship and itinerary are winning me over. You'll never know until you try it. We love Princess and Celebrity but they just didn't come close with the itinerary. Specialty restaurants are very good and very reasonable compared to Celebrity as are drink prices. The age of HAL cruisers is apparently now lower than Princess. Give it a shot.

Well, I love kids. They embrace life with a sense of immortality and make friends super easy. You will find them on HAL, just less of them... In fact, the two cruises DD has been on as a kid of 8 or 9 and then 15 were both HAL and the demographic for her was ancient. But she didn't care. She had fun anyway. I'm not sure that a cruise will be made or broken if you have both on board. The fellow passengers didn't seem all that old to me but I've got more than a couple of decades on DD. I too had fun - just more sedately. That's just how I roll. The activities on our seven day were very much geared to a less active crowd but there are active options if you choose to participate: exercise classes, basketball, tennis, dancing. And plenty of bars to socialize in if you want!

I can't speak about the Koningsdam but we are going to do another HAL next year for longer and probably with lots of those hearty happy seniors who will probably tolerate my DD just fine!.

The familiar is Carnival, where tons of kids running around, same food choices everyday and the alternate food choices close early

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, I found on our short cruise that the menu in the specialty restaurants did not change except for Le Cirque night. The food in the Lido looked like the same fare daily. We only ate one dinner in the MDR but the menus I've seen posted on various threads seem to be largely the same choice. However, there are so many options that it was plenty of variety for seven days. I think you'll be fine for a week long cruise. Hopefully the menus change after a week.