Sick, what to do as far as cabin cleaning?

breakinghbts

My DH got "sick" on our last cruise in April and I don't let him hear the end of it. He even managed to hit the toilet and not make a mess. But his having a "good time" put a big dent in our having a "good time". I ended up going out that evening on my own without him because he couldn't leave the bathroom. The following day we were in Grand Turk. Again I had to explore it on my own because he was still too hung over to go ashore. Yeah....what was supposed to be "our" vacation turned into "my" vacation for a couple days all because he was having "too much fun" for a couple of hours. He's not living this one down anytime soon:D:p.[/quote

Sorry that your couple days were ruined. All I can say is if Dan would get mad at me and not let me live a drunk night down we would be divorced. things happen. Sometime alcohol sneaks up on you especially on warm days.. hope your next cruise goes better than the last.:D

My DH got "sick" on our last cruise in April and I don't let him hear the end of it. He even managed to hit the toilet and not make a mess. But his having a "good time" put a big dent in our having a "good time". I ended up going out that evening on my own without him because he couldn't leave the bathroom. The following day we were in Grand Turk. Again I had to explore it on my own because he was still too hung over to go ashore. Yeah....what was supposed to be "our" vacation turned into "my" vacation for a couple days all because he was having "too much fun" for a couple of hours. He's not living this one down anytime soon:D:p.[/quote

Sorry that your couple days were ruined. All I can say is if Dan would get mad at me and not let me live a drunk night down we would be divorced. things happen. Sometime alcohol sneaks up on you especially on warm days.. hope your next cruise goes better than the last.:D

Our relationship doesn't work that way. I don't get mad at DH when he has the occasional drinking fest and he doesn't get mad at me when I give him grief for it....but if he drinks enough to get himself sick then I'm not going to let him get off with out a LOT of ribbing :D:p. He was kicking himself for it because he was paying for his 2 hours of fun with missing a day of the cruise. He doesn't drink that much very often. It was at the past guest party and I don't think he realized just how potent those Rum Punches were. I couldn't even drink one glass. He has only gotten that drunk maybe a handful times in the 27 years we've been married. I don't think he will be having that kind of "fun" for quite some time again.....I don't see him touching Rum Punches for quite a while;).

Depending on how bad the bathroom looked I would try to clean it up a little and still tip the steward about $20 to $40 . The worst drunk I ever saw on a cruise started stripping on the stage after the past guest party now that is something you can not clean away .

Our relationship doesn't work that way. I don't get mad at DH when he has the occasional drinking fest and he doesn't get mad at me when I give him grief for it....but if he drinks enough to get himself sick then I'm not going to let him get off with out a LOT of ribbing :D:p. He was kicking himself for it because he was paying for his 2 hours of fun with missing a day of the cruise. He doesn't drink that much very often. It was at the past guest party and I don't think he realized just how potent those Rum Punches were. I couldn't even drink one glass. He has only gotten that drunk maybe a handful times in the 27 years we've been married. I don't think he will be having that kind of "fun" for quite some time again.....I don't see him touching Rum Punches for quite a while;).

Totally understand that point of view! lol:o

Depending on how bad the bathroom looked I would try to clean it up a little and still tip the steward about $20 to $40 . The worst drunk I ever saw on a cruise started stripping on the stage after the past guest party now that is something you can not clean away .

Do give details on this show. Curious how it worked out for the person on stage.

Don't worry about it. He's not the first and e won't be the last. Its a Carnival cruise. Flip Flops and pajamas in the dining room. Carnival is a beer and pretzel line. Its gone way downhill. I saw the plastic ship on a stick get stolen right in the middle of the trivia game last July on the Splendor. No joke. Malcolm the CD was like okay give it back. No one did.

Not the first time your stew is going to be handling something like this, wether it being from someone drinking to much or simply getting seasick. Personally I would take some towels to clean up the parts that are sitting around, and then tell the stew what happened. Make sure he throws the towels you used out and he/she will come in with bleach or something similar to clean the affected areas. A nice tip is in store for him/her, don't let it ruin the rest of your cruise!

Don't worry about it. He's not the first and e won't be the last. Its a Carnival cruise. Flip Flops and pajamas in the dining room. Carnival is a beer and pretzel line. Its gone way downhill. I saw the plastic ship on a stick get stolen right in the middle of the trivia game last July on the Splendor. No joke. Malcolm the CD was like okay give it back. No one did.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think we all deserve a tip for having to read about it.

Although, kudos to you for wanting to do the right thing. Just think how often room stewards walk into rooms where someone's been sick and just left it for them to clean up.

Edited by Acosmo
To add another thought.

Its a been a few days, sitting in beautiful st. Lucia at a bar with free wifi. Thanks for the tips guys. We, I mean HE called the steward explained that he had had too much fun, and that we cleaned up most of it, it just needed to be disinfected. The steward was very understanding...and we left him a nice tip for the hassle. Since then the cruise has been awesome! I'm going to try and post a review when we get back.

Thanks again for the help guys, really appreciate it!

-Tony@UVF

My recommendation is this:

1) Rub his face in it. :D

2) Rub his face in it again. :D

3) Rub his face in it a final time. :D

4) Put his carcass in the room w the flat declaration of 'you're cleaning this, now" and a stony, flat face that would cause the Mona Lisa the flinch in fear.

5) Leave the cabin.

6) Do not come back for several hours.

7) Unless that BF has a bank account with 3 commas several accounts, get a new BF.

#s 1 through 3 are optional, 4 through 6 aren't & 7 shouldn't be.

Big talk. But could you do it

We just came back from a cruise this past week. (RCCL)..My sweet husband got sick the second day....(no drinking for either of us)...I thought it was something he ate because he likes to try the different dishes. (Not Me, I stick with plain food)...I felt sorry for him but thought it would soon end. Not so, within hours I was as sick as him. We knew right away that we had come down with some type of virus. I put a note on the door and told our Steward that I needed to talk with him. Explained that we were both violently ill and he said not to worry. He would take care of everything. So for the rest of the cruise, we were in our cabin with Sprite, ice and saltine crackers! Could not even keep any medicine down and we are still not over it. Thankfully we had a beautiful aft wrap balcony and could go out and get some fresh air, but could not get off at any of the ports. I have heard of people being sick with this virus, but I never knew I could be so ill. They had Purell dispensers all over the ship and I would always see people walk right on by and straight to the food! What makes people do that? :(To top it off, they would Lysol (smelled like it) twice a day and that smell made it even worse. It was an expensive box of Saltine crackers for sure! By all means, make sure you give them an extra hefty tip...our Steward was amazing and he sure deserved every extra dollar we gave him.

We just came back from a cruise this past week. (RCCL)..My sweet husband got sick the second day....(no drinking for either of us)...I thought it was something he ate because he likes to try the different dishes. (Not Me' date=' I stick with plain food)...I felt sorry for him but thought it would soon end. Not so, within hours I was as sick as him. We knew right away that we had come down with some type of virus. I put a note on the door and told our Steward that I needed to talk with him. Explained that we were both violently ill and he said not to worry. He would take care of everything. So for the rest of the cruise, we were in our cabin with Sprite, ice and saltine crackers! Could not even keep any medicine down and we are still not over it. Thankfully we had a beautiful aft wrap balcony and could go out and get some fresh air, but could not get off at any of the ports. I have heard of people being sick with this virus, but I never knew I could be so ill. They had Purell dispensers all over the ship and I would always see people walk right on by and straight to the food! What makes people do that? :(To top it off, they would Lysol (smelled like it) twice a day and that smell made it even worse. It was an expensive box of Saltine crackers for sure! By all means, make sure you give them an extra hefty tip...our Steward was amazing and he sure deserved every extra dollar we gave him.[/quote']

Just FYI, Purell and Lysol wouldn't have helped. They kill bacteria, you most likely had a virus. I think those dispensers are along the lines of some TSA restrictions...they make us feel better about our safety, but don't actually do much.

So sorry about your illness wrecking your trip. How very disappointing. I hope you can get a redo soon.

Just FYI, Purell and Lysol wouldn't have helped. They kill bacteria, you most likely had a virus. I think those dispensers are along the lines of some TSA restrictions...they make us feel better about our safety, but don't actually do much.

So sorry about your illness wrecking your trip. How very disappointing. I hope you can get a redo soon.

Thank you so much. Getting better each day. I agree, it probably only makes us feel a bit more secure...The steward told us that he had a special cleanser...but it had a Lysol type smell to me....I just could never abide the smell of that stuff. I remember my Momma using it when we were children to mop the floors, and I could hardly wait to get outside till the smell went away! LOL

We did rebook, same cabin and are looking forward to trying it again.;)

We just came back from a cruise this past week. (RCCL)..My sweet husband got sick the second day....(no drinking for either of us)...I thought it was something he ate because he likes to try the different dishes. (Not Me' date=' I stick with plain food)...I felt sorry for him but thought it would soon end. Not so, within hours I was as sick as him. We knew right away that we had come down with some type of virus. I put a note on the door and told our Steward that I needed to talk with him. Explained that we were both violently ill and he said not to worry. He would take care of everything. So for the rest of the cruise, we were in our cabin with Sprite, ice and saltine crackers! Could not even keep any medicine down and we are still not over it. Thankfully we had a beautiful aft wrap balcony and could go out and get some fresh air, but could not get off at any of the ports. I have heard of people being sick with this virus, but I never knew I could be so ill. [b']They had Purell dispensers all over the ship and I would always see people walk right on by and straight to the food! What makes people do that?[/b] :(To top it off, they would Lysol (smelled like it) twice a day and that smell made it even worse. It was an expensive box of Saltine crackers for sure! By all means, make sure you give them an extra hefty tip...our Steward was amazing and he sure deserved every extra dollar we gave him.

I wash my hands in my cabin or in the restroom directly before heading to the buffet or the dining room, and I don't use handrails when moving around the ship. I rarely use the hand sanitizer, but that doesn't mean that my hands are not clean.

I wash my hands in my cabin or in the restroom directly before heading to the buffet or the dining room, and I don't use handrails when moving around the ship. I rarely use the hand sanitizer, but that doesn't mean that my hands are not clean.

Nothing beats hot soap and water and vigorous hand washing. I try not to touch anything. Still carry a Purell with me wherever I go. I bought a great item once...actually bought two...a snap on cover to use on shopping carts...only problem, I kept fogetting to take them off! :)

$100 come on!!! That is crazy talk. Trust me a steward on a Carnival cruise has cleaned up a lot worse than vomit, it is all part of the job, that they are happy to do. :D

Maybe a $20, the real problem is wasting those expensive drinks!

You couldn't pay me enough to clean up some one else's puke.

$100 come on!!! That is crazy talk. Trust me a steward on a Carnival cruise has cleaned up a lot worse than vomit, it is all part of the job, that they are happy to do. :D

Maybe a $20, the real problem is wasting those expensive drinks!

You couldn't pay me enough to clean up some one else's puke.

No one could pay you enough to clean up puke, but you're suggesting a cabin steward would be happy to do it for $20 and that $100 is too much? I'm really hoping this is sarcasm that I'm just not recognizing.