Royal Caribbean Promotions

What are the best Royal Caribbean promotions? Do they ever offer things like other cruise lines? Kids sail free, free beverage package, specialty dining? Looking at Harmony of the Seas. We really want to try an Oasis or Quantum class RCL ship. Hoping for some good promotions soon!

Edited by SeaWatcher65

As I look into my Royal Crystal Ball........

I see BOGOHO and more BOGOHO!

It's like a bad dream....

I understand that the "wave season" of promotions should be starting now. Also hoping some more dates for Harmony of the Seas will be announced for later in 2017. BOGOHO plus $200 is what it is now but BOGOHO a high price is still high! But I'm looking at holiday time sailings too -- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter Week. Forget Christmas week! For us, that's $1000 more per person compated to Thanksgiving week. Come on RCL -- bring us some freebies....

I understand that the "wave season" of promotions should be starting now. Also hoping some more dates for Harmony of the Seas will be announced for later in 2017. BOGOHO plus $200 is what it is now but BOGOHO a high price is still high! But I'm looking at holiday time sailings too -- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter Week. Forget Christmas week! For us, that's $1000 more per person compated to Thanksgiving week. Come on RCL -- bring us some freebies....

More dates should come starting next month.

IMO. If they did offer one of these promotions, they would just increase the cruise fare to make up for it.

I book if the cruise is somewhat within the range of what I'm willing to pay and check prices for a drop. I'll also at times book and wait for drops and cancel if it's not to where I want it to be at final payment. I'm a daily price checker. If not, several times a day.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I know there was a kids sail free promo going on back in August 2014, because we used it to book a May 2016 Allure cruise at the time. I've been checking for price drops periodically since then and haven't seen anything cheaper, although I will say the price now for 4 in a cabin on our cruise is only a few hundred more total than when we booked two years ago.

IMO. If they did offer one of these promotions, they would just increase the cruise fare to make up for it.

Good luck.

We had a promotion on Celebrity that added OBC, drink package and gratuities, and their price went up $500 pp! We asked them to return to the former price model.

I think it really depends on what you're willing to spend for something.

We just booked on Adventure OTS for next Feb on a Southern Carib itinerary that we've wanted to do again (we did the same one on Princess for our honeymoon 10 years ago), and got connecting balcony cabins for roughly 2500$ each for a total of 5 passengers (myself, the wife, and our kids). We booked through Costco, and with the reduced deposits that were going on and even with the "BOGO" sale, we still were in our range. We got 200$/cabin OBC from RCL, and then Costco added another substantial amount so that we have almost 800$ in OBC for that trip.

I'm OK with that (even though the base fare may be a bit more), because it's a tough itinerary to find, and it's what I was willing to spend and get in return. Would I pay 1500$/pp to go from FLL to the Bahamas? No way.

I'm watching as well. I have the NCL Getaway booked for Jan 2017, with a drink package. I was thinking about jumping ship so to speak and try the Harmony of the seas, it's the same date, but currently $400 more and no drink package. The $400 I can do but if I have to pay for a drink package it's not worth it.

We've sailed the Getaway before and so far have cruised NCL 7 times and enjoy the mega ships. My son has been showing me info on the Harmony, it does look fun so I'll keep watching for a price drop or better sale.

To get a deal, don't wait for some promo that applies to all sailings. Instead, scour all the sailings and look for bargains. Look at cabin inventory left to see if an abundance will lead to even lower prices. Check prices on a Saturday when there are a some weekend only price drops. Look on the GGG flier. When the prices are good enough, book something and then keep watching for price drops till final payment.

Just a thought, but didn't the last 30% off sale only apply to suites and balconies. The insides and ocean views had a smaller discount.

On the Royal Caribbean Blog it said the sale would be on every guest and every sailing. Hopefully it's true. Here's the link

http://www.******************.com/2016/02/09/royal-caribbean-offering-30-every-ship-and-every-sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally you need to monitor the pricing for a while. We paid "full price" but got drinks and tips included before Christmas. A week later they had bogohp, HOWEVER, they'd jacked the price of the cruise up and it didn't include tips so the "offer" actually worked out about £100 each more expensive.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I believe that you can get a refund on your reservation if the price drops before final payment, but there have to be cabins available in your category in order to get the lower price. If the category is sold out, no refund. You could always completely change your category and cabins if you find a cheaper price.

The price of one sailing we are watching went up today over $100 per person, so 30% is as usual not what it seems. The increase was overnight. That's what you get in trying to wait for a better deal! Should have booked it Saturday. Now will see what tomorrow brings.

I looked again and the harmony was actually $800 more then the getaway cruise I booked. Today it's $200 cheaper, but still no drink package.

So if I buy the drink package on royal does it work the same as NCL where you have to get it for everyone in the cabin?

No, Royal does not require everyone in the stateroom to purchase a package.