Ruby Crab Shack

KikisDad

This month the Crab Shack was canceled on our 10 night on the Crown Princess due to Noro.

Do they offer the Crab Shack on four night Ruby cruises? We hope to do a make up :D

It was offered on my Ruby 3 day repo cruise from Vancouver to LA. It was yummy and I celebrated my birthday there and the whole place sang Happy Birthday to me. I hope you have it available on your cruise.

What is the crab shack?? We are on the Ruby in March on a 10 day. Hubby might be interested.

Thanks!!

Specialty all seafood restaurant on select Prncess ships. It will be posted in your Patter. $20 pp cover.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

What is the crab shack?? We are on the Ruby in March on a 10 day. Hubby might be interested.

Thanks!!

Here's how Princess describes the Crab Shack:

Crab Shack – Seafood lovers will have a full crab shack experience, complete with mallets, bibs and buckets. Diners can enjoy crawfish in a Bayou-style “Mud Bug” boil, spiced peel and eat shrimp, or a mixed steamer pot filled with snow crab, jumbo shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cover charge: $20

Depending on the number of reservations, it's been offered a couple of times on a 7 day cruise. They use a section of the Horizon Bistro or HC and I enjoyed my experience there. My wife is better at cracking shells but I managed to do it but there's a reason they give everyone a bib...it can get messy but it was a lot of food. :D

Here's a link to a PDF copy of the Crab Shack's menu: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/crab_shack-fleet-29-apr-14.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

I know you get plenty to eat, but can you ever have seconds (i.e. King crab legs)?

I didn't need any more food & based on posts I've read it can vary...some said yes, others said no...so it may be different depending upon who makes that decision on each ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's all you can eat. How many helpings of frozen crab legs can you eat at one sitting? 😃

Enjoy.

This is wonderful dining choice and for $20.00 it cannot be beat. We had a difficult time eating all that was provided. However, there were 3 couples at a table near ours and the guys all had 3 helpings each. Amazing!!! You will not be disappointed.