Do menus change each cruise?

kayleighbayleigh

Do you think MDR menus follow the same "schedule"? For example, the menu served in the MDR on the first night of the cruise is always the first menu, etc. I'm trying to decide when to book specialty restaurants, as the MDR food doesn't always look very appetizing to me on some days. I'll be on the Escape but I don't think that matters much.

Whilst it's difficult to say for sure (I've never been on two consecutive identical cruises back to back), it is generally accepted that the menus do change from cruise to cruise.

I certainly wouldn't rely on reports from recent cruises to determine what is likely to be served each day.

I believe I read somewhere that there's a 10 or 12 day rotation on the MDR menus, so they don't generally fall on the same day per cruise. I think this is probably to accomodate B2B cruisers.

I believe I read somewhere that there's a 10 or 12 day rotation on the MDR menus, so they don't generally fall on the same day per cruise.

That is my belief too. We did a long cruise through the Panama last year and started to see the "same" menus again towards the end of the cruise.

Mike

Did a behind the scenes tour on the Gem. During the kitchen portion, we were told the menus are on a rotation. There is even a huge bulletin board in the kitchen with the line up as well as pictures for plating the items.

That's awesome! Guess I'll be taking my chances then!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

It was explained to us that a 7 day western carribean will use the same menu each time, and it will be different than the 7 day eastern.. but the eastern will also use the same menu each time. Each itinerary has its own menu which stays the same for that itinerary everytime.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

It was explained to us that a 7 day western carribean will use the same menu each time, and it will be different than the 7 day eastern.. but the eastern will also use the same menu each time. Each itinerary has its own menu which stays the same for that itinerary everytime.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Oh! That's good news for me, I suppose. Thank you so much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

They say it changes, but I love the clam and linguine dish they have in the MDR. Our last 3 cruises - 2 night CTN, NY to Bermuda & Tampa to West Caribbean it was always served at dinner on the first sea day . I love that dish - ask for extra clams

Safe sailing

Do you think MDR menus follow the same "schedule"? For example, the menu served in the MDR on the first night of the cruise is always the first menu, etc. I'm trying to decide when to book specialty restaurants, as the MDR food doesn't always look very appetizing to me on some days. I'll be on the Escape but I don't think that matters much.

Yes they do. The menus do not change from cruise to cruise. The first night is always the same, 2nd is always the same, etc. The only time there is any variation is when there is a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving.