Obstructed Oceanview

lrockwitt

You'll know when it's day or night :D

I love obstructed ocean views when I sail solo, because I can usually get one for a bargain, and all I need is some natural light, and I'm good. If I want to sit out on a balcony - I'll go up on deck.

Pro: daylight!

Pro: much cheaper than unobstructed oceanview cabins!

Pro: many have little to no obstruction!*

Pro: an entire deck of them, so lots of choice!

Con: none whatsoever, unless you don't like to save money.

*see this website, thanks to the amazing renmar:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

Add to that: there may be lifeboat maintenance at times, so crew may be directly outside of your window during those times.

Pro: with careful observation of deck plans you can find a cabin that has a view between lifecraft.

Look up obstructed oceanview cabins on this site..Renmar has pictures of most of the views on all Princess ships...pick one that is called obstructed, but is really not.

We have done this many times...great site...enjoy!!

Hello,

I had an obstructed ocean view on the Crown and loved it. It was a free upgrade from an inside and both were handicapped cabins.

I did see workmen once or twice on a 28 day cruise and once I looked out my window and my lifeboat was gone. It was used on a drill or something. Just be aware that workmen are a rare possibility and be careful.

I used the website mentioned and it is great to make your cabin choices. I would do it again in a minute and would love another upgrade to an ocean view if it was available. Or a balcony. A girl can dream, right?

The daylight and view was a joy and added to my cruise. Have fun and if the price is right I would go for it.

Happy cruising

4boysnana

I did book an B2B obstructed view. I doubt there will be any upgrade since it is a B2B. We want to stay in the same cabin. We were on the Island a few weeks ago and had booked an obstructed view guarantee. We were upgraded to an unobstructed ocean view, it was really nice going through the locks and able to view

It from our window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lrockwitt

We booked obstructed ocean view cabins a few times. In fact for our Royal cruise in Nov. we have one. Its a balcony obstructed. If your thinking of booking an obstructed the advice to go to the website that Renmar has you will find the cabins listed. I always check with the site and found it very helpful. Some cabins have little or no obstruction, some I wouldn't book! He did a fantastic job providing great information.

We really aren't in our cabins that much. I'm looking forward to our balcony obstructed on the Royal. Good luck in your search!

Carol

We are in E514 on the Island. It shows completely obstructed. Anyone stay there?

I hope you don't mind but I just checked Renmars site and E514 is completely obstructed. If I were you I'd try to change that cabin. The ones I saw that were decent are E3,4,7,8,9,10,16,17,18,19. There is some obstruction but you can see daylight!! 514 wouldn't be my choice. As I said I hope you don't mind my checking.

Carol

Obstructed Oceanview cabins can be a great deal (I generally pay just $50pp more than an inside), but before booking one MUST do the research! Otherwise, one could end up with a fully obstructed view when other, less or not-at-all obstructed view cabins are available. You can always switch to a different cabin if one is available. Just check out the available cabins on the Princess website and then call your travel agent or Princess to request that you be moved to the cabin of your choice. If one you like isn't available today, look again tomorrow; repeat the process as needed until a preferred cabin becomes available.

Look up obstructed oceanview cabins on this site..Renmar has pictures of most of the views on all Princess ships...pick one that is called obstructed, but is really not.

We have done this many times...great site...enjoy!!

Hate to act dumb but who is Renmar and what is his website? I am finding this very interesting, didn't know there was such a website you could check on the obstructed cabins.

Marlster

I stumbled across Renmar's website while doing a search for obstructed ov's. What a wealth of information that is! Thank you Renmar and also thanks to everyone who is posting their info on the obstructions. It helped us a lot in selecting an obs. ov cabin for our upcoming cruise on the Ruby.

Nice. I don't think we will be as lucky,

There is no need to rely on luck. We have told you the algorithm for getting a good cabin, and at the root of it all is Renmar, coupled with daily checks for availability and willingness to make a phone call.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hate to act dumb but who is Renmar and what is his website? I am finding this very interesting, didn't know there was such a website you could check on the obstructed cabins.

Marlster

Renmar is Cruise Critic member like the rest of us, who volunteered to create and maintain a repository for Princess obstructed OV cabin info and photos. We LOVE Renmar!!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk