Just off the Escape! Answering a few questions

jewliana

I was on this sailing as well. Don't want to hijack the OP...but we had a forward port side cabin, 9126, and we could most definitely hear popping, banging and creaking when the ship was underway. We had a cabin in the same area on Getaway and did not have that issue.

I thought the shows were both great. We loved Million Dollar Quartet so much we went twice!! I was surprised the dailies did not list how long the shows were. After Midnight was an hour and a half and MDQ was the same one night and one hour and three quarters the second time. Some people might not have been expecting a show to go on that long...

Is Margartitaville restaurant an upcharge? Yes, although they may need to make some kind of change because I never saw anyone in there

Has anyone been on both and can compare the two ships? We did the Getaway a few months ago. The Escape has more specialty dining. Two of the new restaurants are more Tapas style which is good for the pricing aspect. The ship did not seem any more crowded despite more passengers. The service aspect seemed a bit better. My husband hated that there were no drink service unless you bellied up to the bar. We were pleasantly surprised that there were drink servers in almost all venues on Escape. We were thrilled with everything.

Can anyone recommend the MUST DO Specialty dining on the Escape? We still keep coming back to Cagney's. Excellent food and service. We had amazing timing for our last dinner there this time! We booked at 5:45 knowing the ship would be sailing at 6 out of Nassau. By booking early we got a table outside and had gorgeous views! We did this on the Getaway for an outside table in St Thomas as we sailed away. Its a very lovely experience! (made it worth skipping lunch to eat early...LOL!!)

Also, is the Brat Pack show still going? It was cancelled for our sailing but seems to be on again?

Hope this helps!!

Edited by jewliana

I am just off the Escape today as well. I agree the service was fantastic. I do have to disagree about the motion. I personally did not get sick, but my friend who is prone to motion sickness did get sick. You can very evidently feel the motion all throughout the ship. Pretty much anyone I talked to on the ship agreed that motion can be felt on this ship more than others. It is very unfortunate, because the Escape is a beautiful vessel.

Has anyone been on both the Breakaway and the Escape can compare that amount of motion felt between the two ships? I felt very little motion on my cruise this past summer on the Breakaway. My friend, who is a first time cruiser, is joining me on the Escape in March and has asked about the motion. My friend is susceptible to motion sickness on smaller boats.

Has anyone been on both the Breakaway and the Escape can compare that amount of motion felt between the two ships? I felt very little motion on my cruise this past summer on the Breakaway. My friend, who is a first time cruiser, is joining me on the Escape in March and has asked about the motion. My friend is susceptible to motion sickness on smaller boats.

They would have to have sailed the same seas in the same conditions to answer that.

I was on the ship with you last week, and I have to say the motion was about the same as any other ship I have been on.

Not to hijak your thread, OP, but I also wanted to comment on the movement, since we were also on last week's Escape sailing.

I agree with the quoted statement regarding motion of the ship. There was a thread on here the week before we left about how much the ship moved, which worried me, since we were traveling with friends who have cruised only once before, and the seas were really calm on that cruise. I wasn't sure how they would do if the seas were rougher. In the end, they were completely fine, despite the seas not being as calm as our previous cruise. The ship moved no more than any other cruise ship I've sailed on, and only the first night did we see people weaving about when walking due to ship movement (or perhaps it was the UBP!).

We were in an angled balcony on deck 14 (14176) and our friends were down the hall in 14156, and neither had issues with movement. Some creaking, but otherwise, all good for us! We didn't hear anyone we talked with mention movement at all during the week either.

Thanks for the review, OP! Glad you had as good of a cruise as we did! :)

Not to hijak your thread, OP, but I also wanted to comment on the movement, since we were also on last week's Escape sailing.

I agree with the quoted statement regarding motion of the ship. There was a thread on here the week before we left about how much the ship moved, which worried me, since we were traveling with friends who have cruised only once before, and the seas were really calm on that cruise. I wasn't sure how they would do if the seas were rougher. In the end, they were completely fine, despite the seas not being as calm as our previous cruise. The ship moved no more than any other cruise ship I've sailed on, and only the first night did we see people weaving about when walking due to ship movement (or perhaps it was the UBP!).

We were in an angled balcony on deck 14 (14176) and our friends were down the hall in 14156, and neither had issues with movement. Some creaking, but otherwise, all good for us! We didn't hear anyone we talked with mention movement at all during the week either.

Thanks for the review, OP! Glad you had as good of a cruise as we did! :)

Completely agree with you.. we were on the January 16th sailing.. other than one rough night/half day... things were pretty calm. Some slight creaking here and there.. but overall.. no different than the other 6 ships I've sailed on. In fact.. I felt the Celebrity Solstice to be "worse".. which just proves that its the roughness of the seas and not the ship itself. :D

The quality of the singing, dancing, musicians was impeccable. I was blown away. The show itself might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't take away from the talent that I was happy to experience.

Bang on... I didn't LOVE the show.. but was entertained.. and no denying the amount of talent on that stage. :cool:

Thanks for posting and answering questions.

Are there any comedy or similar shows? For our sailing, the only shows to select are Brat Pack, After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet. Anything else for the evenings? We've already seen the Wine Lovers show.

What time did you check into the port in Miami? How were the lines? In November, the wait was horrible because of all the traffic mess because they closed I-95 that morning. Is there any such thing as a latitudes line in Miami, because we must have missed it if there is...

Thanks!

Thanks for posting and answering questions.

Are there any comedy or similar shows? For our sailing, the only shows to select are Brat Pack, After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet. Anything else for the evenings? We've already seen the Wine Lovers show.

Update: Just found copies of the Daily Planner and see the comedy shows listed. Could you make reservations for these? I do not see that option under our entertainment. Thanks.

Update: Just found copies of the Daily Planner and see the comedy shows listed. Could you make reservations for these? I do not see that option under our entertainment. Thanks.

The comedy shows sell out pretty quickly so do not delay too much. We went directly to the box office on deck 7 there are touch screens that are super easy to use and we booked all the comedy shows for the week. These screens are also available near the atrium on deck 6. Once you can get into your room you can make reservations from there also.

What time did you check into the port in Miami? How were the lines? In November, the wait was horrible because of all the traffic mess because they closed I-95 that morning. Is there any such thing as a latitudes line in Miami, because we must have missed it if there is...

Thanks!

We got there around 11:45. The lines were not too bad. Probably about 30 minutes but then the terminals went down and we stood forever waiting for them to come back up. So, it was over a 2 hour wait total for us. Hopefully that doesnt occur often! They have a line for latitudes if you are at least GOLD. The wait was so long because even those that had checked in could not board so we did a lot of waiting for our group number once we got upstairs to be able to board

Edited by jewliana

The comedy shows sell out pretty quickly so do not delay too much. We went directly to the box office on deck 7 there are touch screens that are super easy to use and we booked all the comedy shows for the week. These screens are also available near the atrium on deck 6. Once you can get into your room you can make reservations from there also.

Thanks for this info.

In general, how long do the comedy shows last and are the family oriented shows at 700 and 900 any longer or shorter than the 1100 adult show? Need to factor this in when making other show and dinner reservations. Thanks.