Fizzlewicket’s Adventure on Oasis of the Seas

Does Nachi Cocom sell out, or can you book it the day of? I have been there before (loved it!) but that was 5 or 6 years ago.

Keep in my mind that they sell only passes to 100 people per day, so if there are a few ships in port, they may very well sell out.

If that happens, I highly recommend Paradise Beach. It's just up the road from Nachi. We were there in September. It's $3.00/person to get in, which includes two loungers and an umbrella. And the giant inflatables in the water. They just ask that you spend $10/person on food and drink. It's not an all-inclusive, but their drinks were reasonable. We went to Nachi in 2011, and while we enjoyed it, we won't go back unless we're with a group who wants to. We just don't drink or eat enough to justify the cost. And Paradise has the most beautiful pool! We did have lunch there, and it was very good. We probably spent $60 for the two of us.

Sorry to high-jack your review, Fizz! Loved it and your photos. Cozumel is one of our favorite places. And next time we go we'll go back to Paradise Beach (we've been to Chankanaab, too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by joand452

Here is a couple taking scuba lessons ...

Pool%2014.jpg

Well, that looks like fun. I wonder how much it ........... Hey! ... Where did they go? They were there just a second ago. :confused:

Pool%2015.jpg

On Allure they did those scuba lessons in the Aqua theater, I would hate doing it here!

Does Nachi Cocom sell out, or can you book it the day of? I have been there before (loved it!) but that was 5 or 6 years ago.

I will add, I've read a few reviews where it sold out and the people there thought the limit of 100 people was just about right. We were there last May 1st and there were only 53 people that day. 30 were from our roll call. I will send Fizzle's comment that the food was all good.

I will correct him. There is no Jacuzzi. (Just a large clean hot tub that was very nice and helped the alcohol absorb faster. :)

My husband and I were on this cruise as well. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was a great time, on a great ship. The hus had been hesitant about Oasis class ships, but he agreed to try it - and now we are hooked! Going on Allure next year.

Edited by Piazza1979

Thanks so much for such a great review of this ship and itinerary.

Can you tell me about the meals in the costal kitchen..did you have breakfast ,lunch or dinner there?

Can't wait till August,

Thanks again,

Carol

Can you tell me about the meals in the costal kitchen..did you have breakfast ,lunch or dinner there?

Can't wait till August,

Thanks again,

Carol

The Coastal Kitchen is for suite guests only. We did not book a suite, so I have no information regarding this venue.

Can't wait till August,

Thanks again,

Carol

Though I was curious about this and did find some lunch and dinner example menus for Coastal Kitchen on the beyond ships website.

http://www.beyondships2.com/oasis-of-the-seas-menus.html

Edited by Fizzlewicket

Thank you very much. My biggest fear now is that people might be getting Oasis review fatigue. I have never seen so many Oasis reviews in such a short time. :eek:

'Oasis review fatigue'? Impossible! I've been on the Oasis once before. . .going again on 05/21/16. STILL love reading all the reviews AND the great pics! Great review! I'm completely enthralled!

Thanks for this great review. I was on Allure in 2012 and this just reminded me of how great that cruise was. I'll be looking at booking Oasis for fall 2017.

I too was on the Allure in 2012. . .February 12 to be exact. It was our 25th wedding anniversary!

I wish I could have read your view before our Oasis cruise two years ago. I'm so much better prepared to sail on her again in June. Thank you for the tremendous effort you put into this educational and entertaining review!

I wish I could have read your view before our Oasis cruise two years ago. I'm so much better prepared to sail on her again in June. Thank you for the tremendous effort you put into this educational and entertaining review!

Same here. We did Oasis class for the 1st time in '14, wish we knew then what we know now. Plus this review.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow great overview. I'm surprised a ship this size doesn't have a running track.

:D Just kidding. I think that's the only thing on the ship that you failed to mention or depict.

The track is on Deck 5. I wish it was more "outdoors" but it's still pretty nice. They post clever signs along the way that make me laugh... :-) 67d1f682faf2ad32ab47ea07fda75d9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booking a spot on this ship for next January. Having just got off my first cruise ever on the Getaway I look forward to trying the Oasis. Is it noisy around Central Park? Looking at a balcony cabin overlooking it

It can be noisy if you up high, close to the pool deck. However, if you are a few decks down, it should be less noisy than a Boardwalk balcony.