What time can we board the NIeuw Amsterdam?

bandp407

Sailing on her in March-what is the earliest we can board? Sailed the Eurodam last year but don't remember. We generally like to arrive at the port around 1030. Just printed our boarding passes & can't wait!!!

Many thanks!!

Our January 3rd cruise was to board at 11:30. Customs delayed boarding until 12:30. This can happen but I think 11:30 is a good bet

How did Customs delay boarding? You don't go through Customs to board the ship. Do you mean delayed people getting off the previous cruise? There are occasional delays- CDC/USCG inspections when a ship returns to the US from a season outside the US is a common one. But the policy and goal is to start boarding at or about 11:30, worldwide.

Edited by CruiserBruce

How did Customs delay boarding? You don't go through Customs to board the ship. Do you mean delayed people getting off the previous cruise? There are occasional delays- CDC/USCG inspections when a ship returns to the US from a season outside the US is a common one. But the policy and goal is to start boarding at or about 11:30, worldwide.

I think it's pretty clear that's what the poster meant. I doubt if anyone thinks you go thru customs getting on the ship :rolleyes:.

On the January 17th sailing, boarding was delayed.

We got to the terminal at about 10:45 (we walked over from the Carnival Conquest) and it took us til 1pm to get on the ship.

We were told it was a customs delay. The NA apparently didn't have everyone off til later.

As a side note, there were 4 or 5 customs officers at the terminal for the Conquest, the lines moved very fast. From what I was told, there was only 2 customs officers for the NA, which slowed things up.

When we got off on the 24th, there were 4 customs officers for the NA. The line moved quickly.

Everything has to be in place for boarding to happen early.

Edited by sun~