Brilliance Drink Prices

normanb

Going on the Brilliance soon and trying to decide to buy a drink package or not. Does anyone know what the price of a vodka and soda or a rum and coke is? Some of the posts say that on all ships cocktails start at $10, while other posts say the drinks start lower than that.

Thanks

Going on the Brilliance soon and trying to decide to buy a drink package or not. Does anyone know what the price of a vodka and soda or a rum and coke is? Some of the posts say that on all ships cocktails start at $10, while other posts say the drinks start lower than that.

Thanks

Figure somewhere between $8.00 and $12.00 before gratuity.

Thanks

Unless you order top shelf, the drinks you posted should be $6 - $8 + tip.

Unless you order top shelf, the drinks you posted should be $6 - $8 + tip.

Be sure to ask for house brand when ordering. Not all bars charge the same amount. If you don't specify they will charge call charges. I noticed on our 15 day transatlantic different bars charge higher prices even for house brands. Look at your receipt it will have the name of the bar you can compare.

My opinion is that they have pushed the pricing on the individual drinks to make the option of taking the package seem more attractive. You need to evaluate between how much you drink and also on the itinerary as a busy cruise means that you are off the ship all the time on tours etc and are not able to take advantage of your drink package. If you enjoy between 5 and 7 drinks a day and you like specialty coffee's and wine with dinner it is the way to go.

Happy sailing

My opinion is that they have pushed the pricing on the individual drinks to make the option of taking the package seem more attractive. You need to evaluate between how much you drink and also on the itinerary as a busy cruise means that you are off the ship all the time on tours etc and are not able to take advantage of your drink package. If you enjoy between 5 and 7 drinks a day and you like specialty coffee's and wine with dinner it is the way to go.

Happy sailing

Well stated. Sailing on a transatlantic cruise with five sea days might tip the scales for me. When you are in port you tend to party there.

Thanks for the info. The responses have been any where from house cocktails $12 and up; $8 to $10; and $6 to $8. That's a big difference, so I was wondering if anyone has actually been on the Brilliance lately and has those prices. I am tying to decide whether to buy a drink package. Last year on the Enchantment the basic rum and coke was only around $6 plus tip, if that has gone up to the $10 to $12 range the drink package would be the way to go.

Thanks for the info. The responses have been any where from house cocktails $12 and up; $8 to $10; and $6 to $8. That's a big difference, so I was wondering if anyone has actually been on the Brilliance lately and has those prices. I am tying to decide whether to buy a drink package. Last year on the Enchantment the basic rum and coke was only around $6 plus tip, if that has gone up to the $10 to $12 range the drink package would be the way to go.

We were on Brilliance this past December, and the price of a Grand Margarita, Italian Tea, Frozen Mojito was $12. However, I did not purchase a rum & coke, so I can't report that price.

When I read the responses I was wondering how that range of prices

would help you. You might want to try posting on a few roll calls for Brilliance cruises that have recently ended but with active threads.

Even if you take the $6-8 range and add 18% to it, plus factor in the fact you get bottled water, wine, as well as soda with the drink package I don't think u would need many drinks to make the package worth it.

I don't know what the cost was when I was on last Jan..back on in 2 weeks but I wont be buying drinks by the each as I will have my premium package but I can ask.

You can always buy drinks by the each for the first day, see what you spend and see if it makes sense to buy the drink package for the rest of the cruise....problem solved!