basketballs on oasis?

Does anyone know what kind and/or the quality of basketballs on the oasis or any of the RC ships? Seems like a silly question but my husband and son are particular and thinking of bringing their own. thanks!

We always bring our own. We deflate it and bring a small pump.

They could certainly bring their own, in the manner suggested. However, I don't really see the need for it. My son plays basketball on the ship all the time and, while I wouldn't call him real picky, he does like better quality basketballs as well. I have never heard him complain.

I have also played and I can't remember the brand but the quality of the balls is quite good. Indoor/Outdoor quality and not the cheap rubber basketballs you might find outside at an elementary school either. That may be what your husband/son are thinking they would find and therefore are hesitant. They should be fine with what the ship supplies.

There also seems to be plenty of balls available most of the time, even on sea days. When the court gets real crowded there is usually a couple of half court pick up games going on. There are also plenty of times when it is not crowded and they can just grab an available ball and shoot around or play one on one.

When crowded, most of the balls are shared amongst everyone playing so they may not even get to use their ball the entire time anyway. I think I would pack something else in it's place. Hope that helps a little.

They could certainly bring their own' date=' in the manner suggested. However, I don't really see the need for it. My son plays basketball on the ship all the time and, while I wouldn't call him real picky, he does like better quality basketballs as well. I have never heard him complain.

I have also played and I can't remember the brand but the quality of the balls is quite good. Indoor/Outdoor quality and not the cheap rubber basketballs you might find outside at an elementary school either. That may be what your husband/son are thinking they would find and therefore are hesitant. They should be fine with what the ship supplies.

There also seems to be plenty of balls available most of the time, even on sea days. When the court gets real crowded there is usually a couple of half court pick up games going on. There are also plenty of times when it is not crowded and they can just grab an available ball and shoot around or play one on one.

When crowded, most of the balls are shared amongst everyone playing so they may not even get to use their ball the entire time anyway. I think I would pack something else in it's place. Hope that helps a little.[/quote']

I will add that in between the two half court games going on there is usually a game of soccer going on at half court with the soccer net on each side. Every one playing makes it work as smooth as possible. As always there is a show off or two, but someone better usually comes along and puts them in their place. :)

I will add that in between the two half court games going on there is usually a game of soccer going on at half court with the soccer net on each side. Every one playing makes it work as smooth as possible. As always there is a show off or two, but someone better usually comes along and puts them in their place. :)

That's true. They also close it up on occasion for dodge ball or some other game but it's just open play 90% of the time. It's really a nice perk for those that like to play basketball and the court itself is also very nice.

That's true. They also close it up on occasion for dodge ball or some other game but it's just open play 90% of the time. It's really a nice perk for those that like to play basketball and the court itself is also very nice.

Watching the tournaments can be fun. You sit in the shade with an ice cream, cold beer etc... and watch them sweat it out. :)

Does anyone know what kind and/or the quality of basketballs on the oasis or any of the RC ships? Seems like a silly question but my husband and son are particular and thinking of bringing their own. thanks!

As for the quality of the balls, it varies dramatically as they are heavily used and they use them till they won't hold air or fail in another method. If you are there early the staff may let you pic one out of the locker.

Make sure you play at night for the people in the suites to enjoy :rolleyes:

IMO it isn't actually loud, especially with the sliding door shut. Our DS likes to watch the folks on the sports court from the balcony.

The only time it was some what loud was the night the kids club was there playing the game "scream and run". The title alone describes the game. ;) Thankfully it only lasted 30 minutes and then they played a few other games. I bet they slept well that night though.

Edit: it was a bit like Ace Ventura when he was opening and closing the sliding glass balcony door.

Edited by A&L_Ont