Maho Beach - could someone film/video a flight arrival for me on Feb 25????

cpayne

Could someone video/film a flight arrival for me on 2/25????

My husband is a pilot and his flight will be arriving in to Saint Martin on 2/25. I would love to surprise him with a video of his aircraft landing over the "famous" Maho Beach. I will be flying with him so unfortunately I'm not able to take the video.

Is there anyone who would be in the area at the end of Feb and might be able to help me surprise my husband?

If it helps.....I met my husband on a cruise 19 yrs ago and have been sailing happily ever after since then! So we are big cruise fans. Not just some random crazy person asking a favor on this site! :)

Pretty please with sugar on top?!

I looked at port schedule and Regal Princess, Freedom of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, and Nieu Amsterdam are in port that day. You could try posting in the roll calls for all four of those ships. Good luck.

Edited by SnorkelAway

I looked at port schedule and Regal Princess, Freedom of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, and Nieu Amsterdam are in port that day. You could try posting in the roll calls for all four of those ships. Good luck.

Great suggestion -- I will be on Norwegian Gem calling Feb. 27 -- otherwise I would have volunteered.

Which means that ETA and specific airline would help whoever volunteers - it is asking a bit much for every landing flight to be recorded.

I of course would provide this information IF someone is able to help. Didn't figure it was necessary to provide until I at least had a volunteer! :)

Thanks everyone for at least considering my request!

Our honeymoon was a cruise that visited St Martin as one of the ports. He said to me at that time wouldn't it be cool to have a photo of me landing a plane over this beach some day? I haven't forgotten that statement and hope to be able to "deliver".

I of course would provide this information IF someone is able to help. Didn't figure it was necessary to provide until I at least had a volunteer! :)

Our honeymoon was a cruise that visited St Martin as one of the ports. He said to me at that time wouldn't it be cool to have a photo of me landing a plane over this beach some day? I haven't forgotten that statement and hope to be able to "deliver".

And even after the direct and well reasoned question about the concerned flight and scheduled arrival time, etc., you choose not to respond with that information? :(

Glad that you had a wonderful honeymoon cruise to St. Maarten. :)

gary

And even after the direct and well reasoned question about the concerned flight and scheduled arrival time, etc., you choose not to respond with that information? :(

Glad that you had a wonderful honeymoon cruise to St. Maarten. :)

gary

Gary, if you read my most recent response I believe I said:

"I of course would provide this information IF someone is able to help. Didn't figure it was necessary to provide until I at least had a volunteer!"

I don't believe I have a volunteer? And If I do I would most likely communicate this information via private message.

Thanks for your interest in my post, though.

I think you might do better finding a volunteer if you give a time of the plane's arrival - giving a range to account for scheduled arrival time and possible early arrival. Also, remember that there is no PM function on Cruise Critic - one or the other has to give an email address. Good luck!

The flight is scheduled to arrive at 2:20 on 2/25. It's NOT the mainline carriers (united, delta, etc). It's a large private jet that holds 50 passengers. You won't see an airline named sprayed across the aircraft.

After reading more on Maho to Phillipsburg, we may not be able to help as our ship leaves port at 3pm and it sounds like the drive can take a while. I'm sorry!

There is absolutely no way you could film a plane scheduled to land at 2:30 and get to the port to board a ship which leaves at 3:00 - especially if it is anything other than your own yacht (a cruise ship wants you on half hour before sailaway) - even if you possessed a Star Trek transporter.

Two suggestions. Join the traveltalk St. Maarten board and ask if one of the members there could do this favor for you. They love the island and many have similar stories as yours. :)

If that doesn't work then I would go directly to Maho beach after you get through customs and immigration. You could ask if anyone there got pictures or video of the plane landing.

Edited by Karysa

After reading more on Maho to Phillipsburg, we may not be able to help as our ship leaves port at 3pm and it sounds like the drive can take a while. I'm sorry!

NO apologies needed! Appreciate you even considering the idea! Have fun with your day!

Two suggestions. Join the traveltalk St. Maarten board and ask if one of the members there could do this favor for you. They love the island and many have similar stories as yours. :)

If that doesn't work then I would go directly to Maho beach after you get through customs and immigration. You could ask if anyone there got pictures or video of the plane landing.

I love the idea of going to the beach after our arrival, but the more I think about it once we land there is always paperwork and what not to do, shut the airplane down and then get through customs, etc.....We are staying at Maho Beach, but we'd have to stop at the hotel to drop bags. Could easily be 1.5 - 2 hrs before we could get there. But hey! You never know so I'll give it a try! I will also look in to the traveltalk board. Am not familiar with this so thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

No luck on the roll call page, but I found a facebook page called SXM or Bust and supposedly have a few people who will help me out. Fingers crossed that it all pans out!

However, if anyone from cruisecritic would like to volunteer at the last minute I'll take as much back up footage as possible!

Thanks everyone for even considering my request!

I do recommend you try the roll calls mentioned above. Freedom has 4000 passengers so I'll bet you will have luck. If you were arriving May 4th, I'd do it!

I do recommend you try the roll calls mentioned above. Freedom has 4000 passengers so I'll bet you will have luck. If you were arriving May 4th, I'd do it!

I tried all the roll calls and have 1 maybe response. The flight arrives at 2:20. Many ships depart at 4 or 5 p.m. With the traffic in SXM and allowing enough time to get back to ship to not be left behind this could cut it close for some. Completely understand. Wouldn't want to risk missing my ship to help some hopeless romantic wife of a pilot who wants a picture! :)

I tried all the roll calls and have 1 maybe response. The flight arrives at 2:20. Many ships depart at 4 or 5 p.m. With the traffic in SXM and allowing enough time to get back to ship to not be left behind this could cut it close for some. Completely understand. Wouldn't want to risk missing my ship to help some hopeless romantic wife of a pilot who wants a picture! :)

Good point, I do know KLM can arrive up to 2 hours earlier or later on its long flight at times. Another suggestion, there are several very active Saint Martin groups on facebook and I see lots of people posting from there daily. The Sunset beach bar also has its own page.