OK now I'm worried - is this what I should expect....?

jennymaxgirl

We sail every spring break and have never had a problem. We do 7 day or longer cruises. Sure there are probably more college students and younger kids on those cruises than there would be in February, but it's never been 2000! Mostly the drunk and obnoxious people I've seen on cruises are middle aged.

We have booked a Spring Break cruise in March of 2017, mainly because our children will be off school at that time. I am really hoping for the best on our 14 nights. It's actually two 7 day cruises back to back.

I have come across this video, is this what is to be expected in March? We do not want to run into crowds of College age kids....! We are sailing on the Regal Princess. This video is of the Caribbean Princess in March of 2015. I would anticipate this on other cruise lines, but was shocked that Princess ships would attract this crowd. Is this a reality for a Princess ship in March? Looks overwhelming to say the least!

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I guess I missed something in the video. They looked like young people out by the pool having a good time. I didn't see any nudity, fights, or drunks. That video was angelic compared to what I have witnessed on Carnival.

I disagree, thank you. If you have nothing to contribute in answering my question, then why post at all?

When you open a thread on CC, it might go anywhere. That's how forums work. I might tend to agree that you are a bit too worried about all of this. Did you search for other videos on the same subject? You might see that there will be a wide range of possible outcomes. If you are truly concerned that the time of year may be a problem, then perhaps you should look into cruising another time.

Did a 4 day to Baja 3 years ago during Spring Break, the hot tub had the same 7 guys for at least 3 hours and they each had buckets of beer. Saw them on the way to lunch and later getting a ice cream. Last time I used a hot tub on any cruise

Edited by rvmike

OP "worries" too easily .
I disagree, thank you. If you have nothing to contribute in answering my question, then why post at all?
When you open a thread on CC, it might go anywhere. That's how forums work. I might tend to agree that you are a bit too worried about all of this. Did you search for other videos on the same subject? You might see that there will be a wide range of possible outcomes. If you are truly concerned that the time of year may be a problem, then perhaps you should look into cruising another time.

What you say is true. The specific comment replied to, however, was a terse ad hominem statement, which usually doesn't land well. Even "You have nothing to worry about" (which might be what he meant) could have worked better.

But, yep, that is how forums work, and mostly I find this one to be very cordial, which I appreciate!

Maybe it's just me but exactly what was so bad about that video?

Nothing, except 2 or 3 hundred drunk college kids screaming at the pool. If that's your idea of a peaceful cruise then you'll be happy on a March cruise during the peak of spring break. :D

Not that I don't enjoy fun but I'm getting a little to old for that sort of thing and tend to book the normal quieter times to cruise.