JADE Spa

Blondie008

I am thinking of booking the Jade -

There are no spa cabins - how does one access the spa suites -Jacuzzis etc - I see its not as big as Epic but it does seem to have some relaxation in there

Can I buy an online pass - or is it a case of having to wait until boarding?

Anyone advise?

Many thanks.

They sell spa passes. Check 90 days out (100 days in your are in a suite) and they should become available online. Otherwise, you can try to purchase on board.

Oh great thank you - that's brilliant they sell pre cruise -

pondering all the pro's and con's - this is a + :)

Many thanks - any idea of cost for a two week cruise?

Edited by Blondie008

We stayed in a Spa cabin years back on the Epic and it was nice to have the spa included in the cruise price by getting the "closer to the spa cabin". We have always pre-purchased Spa passes and as the previous poster stated it is a better deal to buy online before your cruise. We sailed the Jade's sister ship NCL Pearl and loved the spa (this included the DH who became addicted--LOL) We purchased the pre-purchase for the Jade for our upcoming cruise.

We stayed in a Spa cabin years back on the Epic and it was nice to have the spa included in the cruise price by getting the "closer to the spa cabin". We have always pre-purchased Spa passes and as the previous poster stated it is a better deal to buy online before your cruise. We sailed the Jade's sister ship NCL Pearl and loved the spa (this included the DH who became addicted--LOL) We purchased the pre-purchase for the Jade for our upcoming cruise.

Oh this is good to know that you loved the Pearls spa after being on Epic. We too had a SPA mini suite on Epic - loved that spa so so much! We have been spoiled. We have since been on a celebrity cruise in their Aquaclass (SPA cabins) - and have another Celebrity cruise to come soon - same spa class cabin - their spa is not a patch on Epic's - in fact - its dismal! Only reason we have booked to return to their spa class is the BLU restaurant they offer Aqua guests. But oh how we missed Epic's Spa! I only found the SPA last night by accident - the website doesn't say much about it - but found photos of sauna, steam room - small pool and Jacuzzis - it looks great! For sure I will book us online into the SPA - thanks so much all for the tip!

What exactly does the spa pass entitle one to? Is there an age limit, ie my 11 year old loves steam rooms...

You must be 18 years or older to use the spa. Some of the spa items are the most beloved heated ceramic lounge chairs, hot tubs, therapy pool, and other items depending on the ship.

The Jade does not have the coed therapy pool that the Pearl has. Jade's coed area consists of a hot tub with bubbles, no massage jets, and a few tile loungers.

The separate sex areas each have a cold plunge pool, hot tub with bubbles and jets, steam and sauna room, padded chairs with foot stools, tv, water, lockers, bathroom and showers.

Nice part of Jade's spa is tile loungers that face the front of ship but for couples the hot tub and tile loungers is all that you share.

The Jade does not have the coed therapy pool that the Pearl has. Jade's coed area consists of a hot tub with bubbles, no massage jets, and a few tile loungers.

The separate sex areas each have a cold plunge pool, hot tub with bubbles and jets, steam and sauna room, padded chairs with foot stools, tv, water, lockers, bathroom and showers.

Nice part of Jade's spa is tile loungers that face the front of ship but for couples the hot tub and tile loungers is all that you share.

Oh really - what a bummer

I was going by photos posted in cruise deck plans dot com - there appears to be a coed small pool, two hot tubs, and loungers as well as the heated tile loungers .. :(

From reviews I read on CC for late 2015 there is a Thalasso Therapy Pool. It is not really large.

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

I attached a photo of the NCL Jade coed spa area. I took this picture while standing by the door to the women's only area of coed spa. At the opposite end of this coed room is the men's only entrance. To my right and not pictured here is a hot tub. Yes it is called a thasotherapy pool so technically the Jade has one. It is very different than the Pearl coed one though. It is a square tub of water with the white wooden bars across (bars just like that in the Pearl coed spa area) that a couple can lay on and it has bubbles. It has no jets. I never saw anyone in it. We tried it and found the private womens only hot tub much more beneficial because it had jets and bubbles. It also had comfortable seating like a hot tub would. There is no other seating in the coed area of the Jade. Just the tile loungers. The Pearl tile loungers did not face the front of the ship however the Pearl spa had padded loungers in the coed area that did face the front of the ship along with other chairs and seating areas. I believe the Pearl spa also had showers. The Jade coed spa area as you can see from this picture is much smaller so no room for any chairs besides the tile ones. I believe that if you search the internet you can find some professional pics showing a couple of chairs/not loungers but they are not actually in the coed area.

image_zpsspxhytmj.jpg

This picture is of the Pearl coed spa area. This is just one portion of the coed area. The Pearl coed spa area is im guessing three to four times the size as the Jade coed area. If you look at the hot tub behind this pool you will see a water container/hottub/therapy tub? that looks like the one on the Jade. And if you look at the white bars in this picture of the decent sized pool in Pearl spa you will know what I mean by white bars in the Jade coed thasotherapy pool/hot tub/body of water that produces bubbles. I think the Jade is called a thasotherapy pool because of the white bars. It was nothing like that pictured here of the Pearl's pool. It was like that of the tub behind this pic of the Pearl pool.

IMG_2451_zpsfc7ed113.jpg

Edited by littlelulu01

I just booked the spa pass for the tile loungers. I have autoimmune arthritis of the spine and those things are AH-MAZE-ING

These loungers are so comfortable. I initially thought that I would not be ok laying on tile but they are shaped perfectly. Some are hotter than others but on the Jade Europe sailing we were the only ones ever using them whenever I visited so we could pick and choose. I thought the HAL loungers would be the same but the shape of the HAL Zuderdam ones were very uncomfortable for me.

Enjoy. If you happen to be sailing the Jade in Europe you're likely to have the spa to yourself most times. They were selling the passes for Jade at a discount on board. I assume there isn't the demand on such a port intensive sailing.

This picture is of the Pearl coed spa area. This is just one portion of the coed area. The Pearl coed spa area is im guessing three to four times the size as the Jade coed area. If you look at the hot tub behind this pool you will see a water container/hottub/therapy tub? that looks like the one on the Jade. And if you look at the white bars in this picture of the decent sized pool in Pearl spa you will know what I mean by white bars in the Jade coed thasotherapy pool/hot tub/body of water that produces bubbles. I think the Jade is called a thasotherapy pool because of the white bars. It was nothing like that pictured here of the Pearl's pool. It was like that of the tub behind this pic of the Pearl pool.

IMG_2451_zpsfc7ed113.jpg

Yep this is a picture similar to the ones I saw from Jade reviews. Thanks so much for your pictures. This is just perfect for us along of course with the loungers!

Edited by Linda the Book Lover
typo

Have fun Linda. We loved the Jade. I'm not sure if it was because we were on med sailing for the Jade vs Alaska for Pearl or if not as many people book the Jade spa passes due to smaller coed area but we found the pearl spa much busier than the Jade. I really missed the jet thing in the pearl coed spa. That thing was better than getting a back massage but I really loved the peace in the Jade spa. Not a bad place to read, rest and take in the sights of the sea. Love how those loungers face front of ship. I'm not a big night life person but enjoyed spa time in the evening while my girls partook in the nightlife.

Have fun Linda. We loved the Jade. I'm not sure if it was because we were on med sailing for the Jade vs Alaska for Pearl or if not as many people book the Jade spa passes due to smaller coed area but we found the pearl spa much busier than the Jade. I really missed the jet thing in the pearl coed spa. That thing was better than getting a back massage but I really loved the peace in the Jade spa. Not a bad place to read, rest and take in the sights of the sea. Love how those loungers face front of ship. I'm not a big night life person but enjoyed spa time in the evening while my girls partook in the nightlife.

We will have a great time:D I agree the Pearl was a tad busier but we always seem to hit the spa at the right times so it was only somewhat crowded once.

Isnt the Jade thallosotherapy pool a rectangular pool?

I looked back at the pictures on cruise deck plans dot come and can see how the single sex facilities are - but the coed facilities seem to have normal loungers as well as the tiled loungers - and a rectangular small pool?

That aside - good to know you loved the Jade - we had a dreadful experience on SKY and it has made me a tad concerned on booking an older ship again - although I can forgive wear and tear if the staff are good, and the ship is clean. (On SKY just about everything was wrong!) Thanks for your input.:)

If you search this forum for, "Jewel spa pass" you will find a post from 2012. Post number 12 shows exactly what the Jade coed spa pool/hot tub looks like. It is square. In that picture there's also two chairs, not loungers. There were no chairs in the Jade spa when we were onboard. Just the heated tile loungers and hot tub with bubbles and white wooden slats to lay on.

The picture above of the tile loungers is pretty much the extent of the coed area. I took this picture from the women's entrance to coed area. To my right and not pictured is the square hot tub. The other picture I posted above is of the Pearl spa which does have the rectangular therapy pool with massage jets as well as a hot tub, pictured behind the pool.

There is no room as you can see from picture, to have loungers in the coed area of Jade spa (other than heated tile ones shown). The women's only area also did not have padded loungers. They had padded chairs with foot stools.

Isnt the Jade thallosotherapy pool a rectangular pool?

I looked back at the pictures on cruise deck plans dot come and can see how the single sex facilities are - but the coed facilities seem to have normal loungers as well as the tiled loungers - and a rectangular small pool?

That aside - good to know you loved the Jade - we had a dreadful experience on SKY and it has made me a tad concerned on booking an older ship again - although I can forgive wear and tear if the staff are good, and the ship is clean. (On SKY just about everything was wrong!) Thanks for your input.:)

26SEP Jade Cruise REVIEW thread on Cruise Critic - post #8 has a picture taken in 2015 of the Jade Thalasso Therapy Pool

Thank you so much!

So okay - its not ideal - but its a great deal more than I have in my Aquaclass cabin on Celebrity - honestly - their Solstice class ships - the spa is shockingly poor - love other elements of their Aquaclass - but oddly enough the Spa itself is a mega letdown

THIS is even better can assure you!

Thanks so much for your help!

Thank you so much!

So okay - its not ideal - but its a great deal more than I have in my Aquaclass cabin on Celebrity - honestly - their Solstice class ships - the spa is shockingly poor - love other elements of their Aquaclass - but oddly enough the Spa itself is a mega letdown

THIS is even better can assure you!

Thanks so much for your help!

You are more than welcome. Enjoy the spa!