Tape for extension cord?

dawnb72413

My husband is bringing an extension cord for his CPAP machine, and I saw some posts that suggested bringing duct tape to tape the cord down, but it seems like that might leave sticky residue on the carpet. Does anyone have any experience using painter/masking tape, packing tape or gaffer tape on an extension cord? What would you recommend? Thank you!

My husband is bringing an extension cord for his CPAP machine, and I saw some posts that suggested bringing duct tape to tape the cord down, but it seems like that might leave sticky residue on the carpet. Does anyone have any experience using painter/masking tape, packing tape or gaffer tape on an extension cord? What would you recommend? Thank you!

First, you should contact the cruise line regarding their providing you with a marine grade extension cord. If you find that you need tape (for whatever) on a cruise ship, gaffer tape is designed for removal without USUALLY leaving any residue.

Duct tape now comes in some very bright and colorful designs- I take a roll of something bright with us, use the tape, and point it out to the steward so they don't trip over it. Never been told (on many cruises) that we couldn't use duct tape.