Keep an eye on your cruise details !

The Online TA I use I actually found on a advertisement here on cruise critic. I found them in 2012 and they have not stopped with the OBC bonus. The OBC bonus combined with RCI's is too good to pass up. Until they stop that promotion or I have a bad experience I won't be leaving this TA. They also seem to always have a slightly lower price then what I get online if I call them directly and go that route. Happy Cruising.

I had forgotten about that. (It's been 15 years since I sailed out of Port Canaveral). If I remember correctly, I parked at the port, walked through security, up to the desk, then to my cabin without sitting down. That particular boarding was the quickest boarding ever.

From some of the comments on here, I may be willing to try a TA this one time for my next cruise. I personally love the planning and the booking part myself, but if it means a bigger OBC or some other perk, I'd be remiss not to take advantage of it.

Don't get me wrong, I still figure out which ones I want and then let them know. I also do most of my booking on board, and then get invoice when I get home. Easy peasy

We Are loyal to our local TA. We have used her for over ten years. I am fully aware that I can arrange my own cruises, I pretty much do everything non cruise related for family and friends.

Our TA even texted me back while she was on vacation in Mexico to book one of our cruises.

That being said, our feeling is that everyone has to make a living.

I'm still perplexed as to why people don't. RCI gives you OBC but if you use a TA, like the one I use, and they are online, they give an additional OBC AND always beat the price by about 30 bucks. My last 7 cruises I have used a specific online TA and I will never go back. You can't beat the perks in terms of the OBC you get. You get it from both RCI and them. WIN-WIN. I booked a balcony for next year and RCI gave me 100 OBC and the TA gave me $200. Can't beat it.

The last time we used a TA, the promised OBC showed up alright - only by check and three months after we got off the ship:eek:

And that was the LAST time we used a TA;)

Just don't make changes in your planner on line - it might wipe out your previous reservations. It happened to me - the most disturbing thing was explained - glitch in RC system. Lucky you still have booking....

That happened to me with dinner reservations. When I called to fix it, they said the time was no longer available. I tried again after a week and was lucky to get it.

Since we usually have several reservations linked together, I can never successfully make dinner reservations on line.

They know their web site is terrible but don't seem to care. They would rather waste a lot of time on the phone with us I guess.

Logged into my cruises on RCI's website and my price is all messed up too. It has gone up. It's still showing a balance for our April cruise even though we paid in full a couple of months back. I'm sure it will be fine. I have the invoices from when the cruise was booked for proof of the price.

Dan

The surprise pricing increase problem is not new. I personally experienced it twice (in August and in October 2015) on my Grandeur booking. I previously posted on CC about this, but in short, it happens when you are logged into RCI's web site with your username+password and specifically using/browsing My Cruises. You should try to avoid that and only log in with your last name, reservation ID, ship name, and sail date for things like Cruise Planner and Online Check-in.

I'm disappointed to hear this is still a problem several months later affecting other customers. :mad: It's crazy that RCI doesn't have it resolved yet!

I haven't had much good luck with travel agencies so far. I have worked with two TAs; both cruise-specialty agencies. With the first one (a Canadian agency), my final payment was never made even though I provided my credit card and authorization well in advance, so initially, I lost everything including all my reserved entertainment, excursions, etc. (not sure whose fault, but I don't care; it was very time-consuming on my part to resolve).

The TA blamed RCI's reservation system and RCI went along with it, maybe to let them save face. This was my Oasis sailing. I did receive appropriate compensation, but it was still a tremendous pain and many phone calls/e-mails initiated by me with the TA and the Resolutions Department at RCI before it was fixed.

With the second TA (U.S.-based, high volume), I didn't have a great experience with the first representative I worked with, but I did complete a booking (Enchantment). The two reps from the second TA I have since corresponded with have NOT left me impressed in terms of response times (3.5 business days in one situation!!).

I'm about ready to give up with TAs. :(

The last time we used a TA, the promised OBC showed up alright - only by check and three months after we got off the ship:eek:

And that was the LAST time we used a TA;)

That's not fun. Wish I could tell you who we use. Been using them for years and they have been great. Enjoy your next cruise :)

Edited by VikingCrown555

Logged into my cruises on RCI's website and my price is all messed up too. It has gone up. It's still showing a balance for our April cruise even though we paid in full a couple of months back. I'm sure it will be fine. I have the invoices from when the cruise was booked for proof of the price.

Dan

Well, I am not in the habit of quoting myself but I needed to provide an update. I went ahead and called RCI and I'm glad I did. It doesn't sound like the problem would have resolved itself. They ended up fixing the issue, which was roughly a $750 balance, when I actually was paid in full. Somehow my promotions had dropped off of the reservation. It must have something to do with logging into my cruises as the previous poster mentioned. I made sure to have the final invoices (all three of them for this cruise), showing paid in full, emailed to me. Only one invoice was messed up, but I want to have them all just in case. It is ridiculous to me that something like this could happen. Sounds like it's not all that uncommon.:mad::confused:

Dan

What was the reason for the increase per the RCL's rep.

She tried to explain to me that I had logged onto RCI from another site and not directly thru them ! This made absolutely no sense, because I only log on thru RCI .com . I know she was being coached by a supervisor because she kept putting me on hold to get answers. It all worked out good in the end , just took a few minutes of my life I will never get back !

MY APOLOGIES ....I didn't want to start a debate on whether or not to use a TA. I don't think I even mentioned that in my OP ! So please stop arguing about something I didn't even bring up....don't make me separate you guys ! We won't use one again after a terrible experience on one of our first cruises. I had booked myself and the wife, and when our TA finally gave us all our cruise documentation, I was the only one booked. She refused to say she made a mistake, but after several phone calls to her, using my best profanity and discussing what her mother does with sailors, we finally got the correct paperwork with both our names going on a cruise together . I trust myself a lot more than a stranger who has nothing to lose if she makes a mistake !

How do you find out about price drops? I booked through an online travel company (associated with a credit card) that was offering a special deal.

Use Royal's website and go through the process of making a booking for your same exact category. Once you see the price, then exit.

Hello, just wanted to post about the importance of checking your reserved cruises for mistakes. I have read other posts and felt bad for those involved and it finally happened to us. I got on my reservation to make a payment and the price of my cruise had more than doubled and what I owed went up accordingly ! It made no sense as what the price was, as I could book the same cruise even now at a much cheaper price ! I called C&A for help, and the lady gave me a reason for the increase that made no sense at all, but after 15 minutes she finally got the price down to what it should have been ! Sorry for the long winded rant, but I could only wonder what would have happened if I waited to the last minute to make a payment !

Related thought: It's wise to print a paper copy of your reservation (or at least save a screenshot or Snip). Knowing is one thing, but having proof in black and white puts you in a stronger position.

Related thought: It's wise to print a paper copy of your reservation (or at least save a screenshot or Snip). Knowing is one thing, but having proof in black and white puts you in a stronger position.

I do that too. Also, when she corrected the mistake, she Emailed me the new booking confirmation with the correct price. I also kep a copy of previous cruises, just in case of problems there !