Emerald cruise director

Lymanite

Hi,

we are sailing on the Emerald in mid May but have not received the usual emails from Princess informing us of the Captain or Cruise Director.

Any info out there please?

Thanks in advance.

Can't help as not on he till Dec.

But there have been a few reports about the emails not coming through.

I have a solution for you: don't watch it.

I'm with you.

I just don't get people who complain that something that is not compulsory isn't o their tastes.

As you sat, don't watch it then.

Same if you don't like a show, don't go, I leave, if you don't like a dish, don't order it or if you do ask for a replacement.

• 2 months later...
I'm with you.

I just don't get people who complain that something that is not compulsory isn't o their tastes.

As you sat, don't watch it then.

Same if you don't like a show, don't go, I leave, if you don't like a dish, don't order it or if you do ask for a replacement.

Just had a email informing us Kelvin Joy is cd on May 28th sailing

Lucky you! If you haven't sailed with Kelvin Joy before, you're in for a treat. We did a 28 day South Pacific cruise last October and Kelvin was the CD. He and his crew were fantastic. There were numerous activities to choose from through out the day and evening. Don't miss his Liar's Club game show if it's offered.

What happened to the previous CD? Looks like he was only on the Emerald for a month...is it SOP for Princess to replace CD on a monthly basis?

In April/May we had Marahscalh Stanton. He was hopeless, no personality and did very little apart from appearing at the end of a show in the theatre. Frenchmen, the assistant, worked hard and was personable.

In April/May we had Marahscalh Stanton. He was hopeless, no personality and did very little apart from appearing at the end of a show in the theatre. Frenchmen, the assistant, worked hard and was personable.

I agree! I was very unimpressed with Marahscalh Stanton and am very happy to see Kelvin Joy is back.

Just goes to show you that people's tastes differ in this, too. I love Marahschalh. I found him funny and charming. Of course, this was on a different cruise, so that might make a difference.

What happened to the previous CD? Looks like he was only on the Emerald for a month...is it SOP for Princess to replace CD on a monthly basis?

It's not a policy that they get replaced on a monthly basis. Subjectively it seems the CDs typically stick around anywhere from three to six months. They may take a month break and return to the same ship or get assigned to another one. I know of one CD who considers himself primarily a "fill-in" CD, showing up when another CD departs unexpectedly.

Edited by beg3yrs