New Menus on Sunshine

13cheermom

Since they are going ahead and rolling out the menu to the Sunshine by March 5, just wondered if anyone knows what a 8-day menu would be like. Wanted to figure which nights would be better for the specialty restaurants. It was easier when the Sunshine still had the old menus because they're easily searched and found on here. Not sure of other 8-day itineraries on ships with the new menu. Any suggestions for those that may have sailed this already?? Thanks!

Since they are going ahead and rolling out the menu to the Sunshine by March 5, just wondered if anyone knows what a 8-day menu would be like. Wanted to figure which nights would be better for the specialty restaurants. It was easier when the Sunshine still had the old menus because they're easily searched and found on here. Not sure of other 8-day itineraries on ships with the new menu. Any suggestions for those that may have sailed this already?? Thanks!

We have done the Breeze with the new menu but it was a 6 day (for the new menu sailing at least). I would look for reviews of 8 day sailings from the ships that have the new menu. I can tell you from the 6 day perspective it was much less of a deal than I have read about here.

We have done the Breeze with the new menu but it was a 6 day (for the new menu sailing at least). I would look for reviews of 8 day sailings from the ships that have the new menu. I can tell you from the 6 day perspective it was much less of a deal than I have read about here.

Thanks! We also went on the 6-day Breeze in December, unfortunately weren't really impressed with the new menus. The only other 8-day we have been on is the Sunshine back in October when they still had old menus. But I'll try searching some more. Just like to plan the other pay venue nights when the regular menu isn't our favorite (the OCD in me, lol).

Thanks! We also went on the 6-day Breeze in December, unfortunately weren't really impressed with the new menus. The only other 8-day we have been on is the Sunshine back in October when they still had old menus. But I'll try searching some more. Just like to plan the other pay venue nights when the regular menu isn't our favorite (the OCD in me, lol).

I understand and it makes total sense to schedule those around dinners where you are not all that fond of what is on the menu. I am sure there are reviews out there.

If you do a google for 8 day Carnival American Table menus, you will find some info. I know the one from Zydecocruiser is pretty complete. Most of the menus shown by the posts are pretty close to what is being used.

There have been tweaks to the original menu with more old favorites added. Nothing in the MDR is served family style as is shown on some of the old menus for the flatbreads as an example. I happen to like the new menu and the port of calls part depends on which port you are in. You might have to look at your itinerary and then the menu.

If you do a google for 8 day Carnival American Table menus, you will find some info. I know the one from Zydecocruiser is pretty complete. Most of the menus shown by the posts are pretty close to what is being used.

There have been tweaks to the original menu with more old favorites added. Nothing in the MDR is served family style as is shown on some of the old menus for the flatbreads as an example. I happen to like the new menu and the port of calls part depends on which port you are in. You might have to look at your itinerary and then the menu.

Thanks! I have Zydecocruiser's site bookmarked, and found the 8-day, but just wasn't sure if it was up to date for our itinerary on the Sunshine. I did find several ships with the same 8-day itinerary, however no one seems to have current menus posted so far. But I will just keep looking, I had already made a reservation for the itailan restaurant based on the old menus, now not sure if that was a good choice.

I didn't know they were switching menus on the March 5 Sunshine! I was looking forward to the martini braised basa fillet on the old menus. Oh well, we had the new menus on the Liberty a couple years ago and never went hungry. I guess this cruise will be the same. It is disappointing though.

I didn't know they were switching menus on the March 5 Sunshine! I was looking forward to the martini braised basa fillet on the old menus. Oh well, we had the new menus on the Liberty a couple years ago and never went hungry. I guess this cruise will be the same. It is disappointing though.

I know we had the new menus last June on the Glory, and the food and service weren't that great. In October we went back to the old menus on the Sunshine and really enjoyed them. Then in December on the Breeze we went back to the new menus, service was better but still missed some of the old favorites. So we were looking forward to the Sunshine in April since they hadn't changed yet, lol. We're going on the Magic this November and they will have the new menus, guess we are just stuck with new menus all the way around. Just trying to figure out which nights are better for specialty restaurants.